Obama removes AmeriCorps inspector ge...

Obama removes AmeriCorps inspector general after probe of Obama...

There are 25 comments on the South Florida Sun-Sentinel story from Jun 12, 2009, titled Obama removes AmeriCorps inspector general after probe of Obama.... In it, South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that:

President Barack Obama says he has lost confidence in the inspector general who investigates AmeriCorps and other national service programs and has told Congress he is removing him from the position.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“Make America Great Again”

Since: Jun 07

Bring Obama Back!

#1 Jun 12, 2009
This to me sounds like Gerald Walpin was an overzealous guy with authority trying to make a name for himself or was actually out to get Mayor Johnson, so the President had to step in and remove this Inspector General.
Obama bin Biden

West Palm Beach, FL

#2 Jun 12, 2009
Should we be surprised of another crooked Odumba appointee and supporter? The culture of corruption that surrounds the democrap party and Odumba is mind baffling.
explanation

United States

#3 Jun 12, 2009
Like all presidents, Obama is covering for a fellow "friend". Being black helped this guy.

Expect more of this and expect PARDONS of black panthers and other in prison serving sentences.

GUARANTEED Jonathan Pollard, Israeli spy, will be pardoned. Rahm Emanuel will see to it.

You know, our Israeli best friends, who we as a country defend, SPY on us. What kind of friendship is that?

Someone explain...
explanation

United States

#4 Jun 12, 2009
Marine Corp Pat wrote:
This to me sounds like Gerald Walpin was an overzealous guy with authority trying to make a name for himself or was actually out to get Mayor Johnson, so the President had to step in and remove this Inspector General.
Always look forward to your defense of Obama. But it seems so "canned".

Prepared comments, not really "normal" (whatever normal is) written comments.

Very "religious" sounding...kinda scary.

“Make America Great Again”

Since: Jun 07

Bring Obama Back!

#5 Jun 12, 2009
explanation wrote:
<quoted text>
Always look forward to your defense of Obama.
And I always look forward to defending him. And yet, it is rather easy since I am on the patriotic and righteous side.
Likely Voter

Boynton Beach, FL

#6 Jun 12, 2009
Marine Corp Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
And I always look forward to defending him. And yet, it is rather easy since I am on the patriotic and righteous side.
Of course. And I'm sure you'll be supporting the investigation into all of this, right Pat? I mean, we can't just have the president going around firing people whenever he wants to. He'll have to testify and defend the firing. And that'll be just fine with you, right Pat?
Fred

Miami, FL

#7 Jun 12, 2009
I can see why every politician in sight wants this guy gone.

He actually got a lot of ill gotten government funding dollars returned to the treasury.

Nobody there knew how to return money they only know how to spend and waste it.

Its high time to vote each and every politician out of office when they don't raise hell over firings like this. It's OUR money they are wasting people
Fred

Miami, FL

#8 Jun 12, 2009
Overzealous??? Bottom line is he did his job too well on an Obama supporter. This is proven by the return of $450.000 to the treasury.

Open your eyes to the facts not the propaganda you and your political party members espouse.
Marine Corp Pat wrote:
obamination

Scottsdale, AZ

#9 Jun 12, 2009
Can you say, "corruption" ?

And the media doesn't care.
The Truth

Scottsdale, AZ

#10 Jun 12, 2009
Marine Corp Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL. Let's get the tape of the Steve Kane show where they found out that you were dishonorably discharged from the military. VERY "patriotic" & "righteous". You crack me up.
CORRUPT obama

Hollywood, FL

#11 Jun 12, 2009
PELOSI.. HARRY REID WhERE IS THe outrage???? hey obama you clown!! thought you were against corruption!! I guess not if the crooks are demoncrats!! why did you fire this guy!!!! obama you are a lying sleeze ball politcal 2nd rate babbling fool!!
Xxx

Miami, FL

#12 Jun 12, 2009
This sounds so much like when the Bush administration fired folks in the Justice Department. I wonder why the LIBS are not up in arms now?
rich rokosz

Miami Beach, FL

#13 Jun 12, 2009
K.J. ADMITTED GUILT...and agreed to pay back half the grant over a 10 yr. period. Sound's like that should have been the end of it (to me). But obviously it ruffled the feather's of "Brutha' Obama". Sound's like a clear case of "racial discrimination" with the victim being Walpin.
Pjay

Atlanta, GA

#14 Jun 12, 2009
Sounds like Obama is continuing the job of placing his cronies in key positions so that "no one sees nuthin' " while he and his cronies loot whatever the *&#! he wants.

You have a guy who was finding misspending of OUR MONEY, and for doing that, he gets fired. This has all the characteristics of a politically (financially?) motivated removal. Obama doesn't like that someone was finding Obamites stealing.

When the henhouse is watched by nothing but the fox and his fox friends, what do you think happens to the chickens?
Wondering

Hialeah, FL

#15 Jun 12, 2009
This is all political. Out of all the OIG's in Washington, this one is the only one Obama wants to meddle with? One Big Azz Mistake America. Three more years of such ilk to come.
the sentinel humor forums

Summerland Key, FL

#16 Jun 12, 2009
These guys make regular politicians look honest.

Holy crap, but I guess it shouldn't really be a surprise.

Chicago politicians pulling off dirty stuff. And they have media air cover.

The Pat guy/girl is readily ignored for anyone new to the forum.

He/she never makes sense on any level. It is always a blanket statement in favor of X regardless of the facts - so I think 90% or more of the people have him on mute - especially since he/she puts Marine Corps in front of his/her name after being dishonorably discharged.

Anyhow, for the rest of the folks...some very dirty stuff going on. I just hope whatever we have in place to keep laws enforced can survive this.
Break

Lake City, FL

#17 Jun 13, 2009
Marine Corp Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
YOu can't spell righteous without right. Looks like you are on the wrong side fake marine.

“Truth to Power!”

Since: Apr 07

Kansas City, KS

#18 Jun 30, 2009
Obama is one Corrupt SOB.

“Truth to Power!”

Kansas City, KS

#19 Jun 30, 2009
Senator questions firing of 3 inspectors general

Removal of 2 inspectors general prompts questions

By Tom Hamburger and Peter Wallsten |
Tribune Newspapers
June 18, 2009

WASHINGTON --- He was appointed with fanfare as the public watchdog over the government's multi-billion dollar bailout of the nation's financial system. But now Neil Barofsky is embroiled in a dispute with the Obama administration that delayed one recent inquiry and sparked questions about his ability to freely investigate.

The disagreement stems from a claim by the Treasury Department that Barofsky is not entirely independent of the agency he is assigned to examine a claim that has prompted a stern letter from a Republican senator warning that agency officials are encroaching on the integrity of an office created to protect taxpayers.

Sen. Charles Grassley, R-Iowa, sent the letter Wednesday to Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner demanding information about a "dispute over certain Treasury documents" that he said were being "withheld" from Barofsky's office on a "specious claim of attorney-client privilege."

A White House spokesman declined to comment, referring questions to the Treasury Department. Treasury spokesman Andrew Williams said late Wednesday that the agency would read Grassley's letter and respond to the senator before any public comment.

Walpin had led an investigation of Sacramento Mayor Kevin Johnson of Sacramento, Calif., a former NBA player and Obama supporter. Johnson started a nonprofit education program that Walpin's office alleged had misused federal funds.

In a letter sent late Wednesday to the White House, Grassley charged that a White House lawyer who delivered the news to Walpin and who was summoned to the senator's office, "refused to answer several direct questions" about the dismissal.

The firing drew criticism from Republicans and Democrats, who charged that it violated a new law passed last year to protect the independence of inspectors general by requiring 30 days notice and a full explanation to Congress of the dismissal of any IG.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworl...

Obama must be brought up on charges and Impeached.

“Truth to Power!”

Kansas City, KS

#20 Jun 30, 2009
Marine Corp Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
Bwahahaha! What a Liar! You already admitted you were for DemoScat Party regardless of candidate.

What a dumbarse!

Did you notice Michelle the Patient Dumping squmbag is involved in this illegal Firing too?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kevin Johnson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Sacramento mayor and former NBA star Kevin John... (Sep '16) Sep '16 Juices2444 2
News Sterling: 'I'm not a racist' (May '14) May '14 Streetrunner 1
News ALERT: Donald Sterling banned for life from the... (Apr '14) Apr '14 cancer suxs 2
News All eyes on Silver, as Sterling fallout continues (Apr '14) Apr '14 Robert 1
News Stern expects Sacramento plan within 2 weeks (Feb '13) Feb '13 jason 1
News Sacramento Kings sale reports are premature, sa... (Jan '13) Jan '13 Blank 1
News Obama ousts AmeriCorps' IG who investigated friend (Jun '09) Jun '10 RayOne 9
More from around the web