Kevin Johnson to Challenge Heather Fa...

Kevin Johnson to Challenge Heather Fargo for Sacramento Mayor

There are 21 comments on the News10 Sacramento story from Mar 5, 2008, titled Kevin Johnson to Challenge Heather Fargo for Sacramento Mayor. In it, News10 Sacramento reports that:

Local son, former NBA basketball star and St. Hope Corporation founder Kevin Johnson announced his candidacy for Sacramento mayor this afternoon.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at News10 Sacramento.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
kane Ortega

United States

#1 Mar 5, 2008
Heather I have seen all the development of downtown I would like see. How about north Sacramento, it seems to me that is all but forgot. I do live downtown, but I lived in Noth Sacramento (Del Pase area). I want some that will do what is need for this part of Sacramento. You have done alot for Natomas, and that is great, but I think it is time that we help this part of our great city,(Del Paso).

So Mr. Johnson what will you do for North Sacramento? We Met at Barack headquarters, you may not remember me. I was glad that you have done alot for the Oak Park area. I would like to know if you have any plans help this part of our great city.(Del Paso area).

Kane Ortega

“The Champ is Here!”

Since: Sep 07

Sacramento, Ca

#2 Mar 5, 2008
Anyway........ I support Johnson that's all you losers need to know so get right !!!! Or get left.... behind. No serious though, I support Johnson on a National scale we need Johnson to be Mayor to be respect by any really cities in this state or the nation. We suck right know and Johnson could make this really city on a national level. So get on the bandwagon here!!!!
Broderick

United States

#3 Mar 5, 2008
It is Obama and Hillary Part 2. She is going to go after your lack of experience Kevin, just like Hillary did with Barack. Make sure the rules of the campaign are air-tight up front,just like Hillary, she may want to change the rules during the campaign if she feels she is losing.
woodman

Turlock, CA

#4 Mar 6, 2008
Fargo reminds me of Gray Davis. She needs to go. Get Kev in there to whip things around a bit. Nothing like new blood to make a difference hopefully for the better.
The Truth

Sacramento, CA

#5 Mar 6, 2008
Kane Ortega, the people you are looking for to assist the north area are known as the US Air Force. Nothing short of leveling that place with daisy cutters and removing all the dirtbags, known as north area residents, will help that place. By the way, no one spends money to develop areas where the residents have no money to spend....
ABC SACRAMENTO

United States

#6 Mar 6, 2008
Time to rid this city of the pie in sky dreamer !! GOOD LUCK KEVIN !~!~!~!

“What goes around comes around”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#7 Mar 6, 2008
My vote goes to Shawn Eldredge. What in the hell does Kevin Johnson know about being mayor? Nada. He played basketball, big whoop. Shawn has been deeply entrenched in the community in various ways for years. Go Shawn!!!!!!!!!!
Raiderfan

United States

#8 Mar 6, 2008
Damn, most of you people are praising KJ and the only reason you are is because he's an ex NBA star. You don't even care he has NO political background. The only thing he's done for Sac is put all his money, time and effort in Oak Park, his 'hood.' And for that you're all saying "Yea Kevin is the man."

Most if not everyone is against Fargo, and if these are the only two people on the ticket, then KJ should win hands down. And for that reason I won't be putting any X on either of their names.

Location hidden

#10 Mar 6, 2008
Raiderfan wrote:
Damn, most of you people are praising KJ and the only reason you are is because he's an ex NBA star. You don't even care he has NO political background. The only thing he's done for Sac is put all his money, time and effort in Oak Park, his 'hood.' And for that you're all saying "Yea Kevin is the man."
Most if not everyone is against Fargo, and if these are the only two people on the ticket, then KJ should win hands down. And for that reason I won't be putting any X on either of their names.
They aren't the only two running. Read. Research. Then comment.
bla bla

Sacramento, CA

#11 Mar 6, 2008
Tell me Raider fan.. what kind of political expierence does our Govnor Arnold have. FARGO NEEDS TO GO!!!!! she has ruined the city..
sac peeps

Rocklin, CA

#12 Mar 6, 2008
Not sure who I'm voting for yet, but it is NOT Fargo. Her time is up.
The bee sucks

Sacramento, CA

#16 Mar 6, 2008
The current Mayor doesn't represent the people. She represents the Real Estate Developers and thier lobby. Who is she trying to kid? Sacramento is hep to her game. She is a sell out.
Former Sac Resident

Memphis, TN

#17 Mar 6, 2008
I don't see any compelling reason why Johnson should be mayor. What has he done that shows he would be an effective mayor? He is known as a slumlord in Oak Park. Why did he neglect his properties for so long, then refuse to address the problems when brought to his attention?
And this is who people who are chasing down to be the next mayor of Sacramento?
Yeah, Mayor Fargo has made some questionable decisions for the City, but Johnson's decisions as a property owner are even more questionable and reprehensible, affecting the well-being and safety of the city's residents.

“And For My Next Trick.........”

Since: Nov 07

Watsonville CA

#18 Mar 6, 2008
Former Sac Resident wrote:
I don't see any compelling reason why Johnson should be mayor. What has he done that shows he would be an effective mayor? He is known as a slumlord in Oak Park. Why did he neglect his properties for so long, then refuse to address the problems when brought to his attention?
And this is who people who are chasing down to be the next mayor of Sacramento?
Yeah, Mayor Fargo has made some questionable decisions for the City, but Johnson's decisions as a property owner are even more questionable and reprehensible, affecting the well-being and safety of the city's residents.
Those were my thoughts exactly.....he can't even take care of his OWN problem buildings in Oak Park.....why would he take care of any place else?
Raiderfan

United States

#19 Mar 6, 2008
SarahMoon wrote:
<quoted text>
They aren't the only two running. Read. Research. Then comment.
I know that idiot, my comment was aimed toward the two of them even being on the same ballot. I forgot I have to be specific for dumba$$e$ like you. So maybe you should THINK before you comment.

“Listen up!”

Since: Sep 07

Rancho Cordova

#21 Mar 6, 2008
He's got to be a republican though.

He couldn't go to his left.

“Enough”

Since: Oct 07

Broderick

#22 Mar 6, 2008
Leeroy Kincaid wrote:
He's got to be a republican though.
He couldn't go to his left.
nice!

Location hidden

#23 Mar 6, 2008
Raiderfan wrote:
<quoted text>
I know that idiot, my comment was aimed toward the two of them even being on the same ballot. I forgot I have to be specific for dumba$$e$ like you. So maybe you should THINK before you comment.
And name calling makes you appear soooooo intelligent.
Steven

Tracy, CA

#24 Mar 6, 2008
I wish Kevin the best as he runs for Mayor of Sacramento.I would chose him if I lived in Sacramento.The reson why I would chose him is Beacause he is a Christian and a good man.I live in Amador county

“Have a sense if humor ;-)”

Since: Jan 08

Sacramento

#25 Mar 6, 2008
Steven wrote:
I wish Kevin the best as he runs for Mayor of Sacramento.I would chose him if I lived in Sacramento.The reson why I would chose him is Beacause he is a Christian and a good man.I live in Amador county
You shouldn't base your vote on his religion(I'm guessing you are from the religious right).
He did one helluva a job at Sac High and hes making positive strides in Oak Park.
Plus its always nice when a native son comes back to his hometown and gives back to the community he was born and raised in.
Hes got my vote.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kevin Johnson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Sacramento mayor and former NBA star Kevin John... (Sep '16) Sep '16 Juices2444 2
News Sterling: 'I'm not a racist' (May '14) May '14 Streetrunner 1
News ALERT: Donald Sterling banned for life from the... (Apr '14) Apr '14 cancer suxs 2
News All eyes on Silver, as Sterling fallout continues (Apr '14) Apr '14 Robert 1
News Stern expects Sacramento plan within 2 weeks (Feb '13) Feb '13 jason 1
News Sacramento Kings sale reports are premature, sa... (Jan '13) Jan '13 Blank 1
News Obama ousts AmeriCorps' IG who investigated friend (Jun '09) Jun '10 RayOne 9
More from around the web