Bulls' Thomas taking a step backward

Bulls' Thomas taking a step backward

There are 7 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Dec 10, 2007, titled Bulls' Thomas taking a step backward. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

Kevin Durant rolls into town Tuesday, another high draft pick and young talent dripping with athletic ability and potential.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

James

Schaumburg, IL

#1 Dec 11, 2007
i don't think tyler has taken a step backward. i give that credit to the team top to bottom.

Since: Oct 07

Uptown

#2 Dec 11, 2007
who the heck is 'tyler?'

did you read the article?
ron

United States

#3 Dec 11, 2007
Sure Thomas hasn't played well but I could say that for the entire team! it's time to get a few trades together . It's time for a new approach.
Marc

United States

#4 Dec 11, 2007
I just don't understand having Thomas and Noah on the same roster...Thomas is a lazy bum...he's not a hard worker..wow, he can jump...big deal...he's just another Kenny Battle with slightly better offensive skills...
Uhh

Durham, NC

#5 Dec 11, 2007
Thomas retired with Detroit over 10 years ago. What is the big deal.
RLA

United States

#6 Dec 11, 2007
On not so good teams young players are given the chance to play, no matter what. That playing time allows them to learn as they go. On better teams young players must fit in where they can. They are not allowed the chance to play and gain confidence and make mistakes. Then you need a coaching staff that will allow players to develop. Skiles is not that coach. He teaches from a guards mentality instead of from a total team mentality of every position. Drive, kick it out and shoot is a jump shooters team mentality. And jump shooters rarely go to the foul line. He doesn't know how to coach a team to find an inside game. He won't let a big player get enough touches to be successful. Give the young players some freedom and let them play. Tyrus Thomas is just as good a player as Taysaun Prince with Detroit and you see what kind of player he has turned out to be. Don Nelson (Patrick O'Bryant not playing) Larry Brown (out of the league right now, see Darko Milicic) are two other coaches who don't know how to coach young players. Mike Dunleavy did it with Jermaine O'Neal with the Blazers awhile back. It's amazing that in basketball talented young players will sit on the bench forever and in football, baseball and hockey now-a-days rookies routinely start.
Richard Friedman

Arlington, VA

#7 Dec 11, 2007
Thomas sits while Hinrich plays. Go figure!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kevin Durant Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Kings vs. Thunder Preview: The Kings' time at S... (Apr '16) Apr '16 SportsPickoftheDa... 1
News Durant's 28 points leads Thunder to 130-109 win... (Mar '16) Mar '16 Love it 3
News Kevin Durant on Kobe Bryant: 'I'd want to play ... (Dec '14) Jan '15 Sam 2
News Trending Now: Serena Williams eliminated at Fre... (May '14) May '14 Snap 1
News Kendrick Perkins plays a valuable role for the ... (Apr '14) Apr '14 Kelli 3
News Oklahoma City Thunder vs. Golden State Warriors... (Jan '14) Jan '14 Denver 1
News OKC Thunder star Kevin Durant makes $1 million ... (May '13) May '13 Paris Hilton 9
More from around the web