OKC Thunder star Kevin Durant makes $1 million tornado pledge

May 21, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Kansas City Star

A monstrous tornado at least a half-mile wide roared through the Oklahoma City suburbs Monday, flattening entire neighborhoods and destroying an elementary school with a direct blow as children and teachers huddled against winds up to 200 mph.

Comments
1 - 9 of 9 Comments Last updated May 24, 2013
Parden pard

Bath, PA

#1 May 21, 2013
About time someone with basketball-sized BALLS stepped-up....!(and a giant heart,too)

“Easy does it... ”

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#2 May 21, 2013
Good for K.D. Don't see many stories of the rich chipping in for victims. It's usually what little is left of the middle class these days in this country, that usually give a darn about things like this.

“Don't harsh my mellow, man!”

Since: Aug 08

Great State of Oklahoma!

#3 May 21, 2013
I'm so proud to be an Okie right now!
Craig

Killeen, TX

#4 May 22, 2013
This kind of generosity is the other half of the great game play that pro athletes are capable of. Kevin D. shows true heart here.
Nice move!

“I know where you are,”

Since: Jun 08

Right here under my thumb

#5 May 22, 2013
I've always liked Durant - going back to his college days. Never was a trouble maker and always hugged his mother after each game. He's a stand up guy - an example for kids of all ages.

#kdurantistheman

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#6 May 22, 2013
Good for him... More need to act like this and give....

“Justice always prevails”

Since: Jan 12

vacaville

#7 May 22, 2013
Win win. Helps his local people in need, gives him a good P.R boost, and its a huge tax write off.

“Timshel”

Since: Jan 12

Tulsa, OK

#8 May 24, 2013
The_Solution wrote:
Win win. Helps his local people in need, gives him a good P.R boost, and its a huge tax write off.
You're right, plus the fact that Oklahoma's representatives continuously vote NO on disaster relief funds even though this is tornado alley here which KD's donation even more important.

We the people help each other here in Oklahoma time after time but we pay taxes for reasons such as these. KD's donation should not have to be necessary.
Paris Hilton

Medford, NY

#10 May 24, 2013
Why is he pledging $1million to a tornado??? Tornados are the cause of disaster right? That would make him evil!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kevin Durant Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Trending Now: Serena Williams eliminated at Fre... May '14 Snap 1
Kendrick Perkins plays a valuable role for the ... Apr '14 Kelli 3
Oklahoma City Thunder vs. Golden State Warriors... (Jan '14) Jan '14 Denver 1
Westboro Baptist Church Blames Oklahoma Tornado... (May '13) May '13 Ginobili 1
Grizzlies take 2-1 lead beating Thunder 87-81 (May '13) May '13 bandwagoners. 1
Will Austin Trout Get a Fair Shake With Saul Al... (Apr '13) Apr '13 Linda 1
OKC Thunder Haven't Peaked Yet (Mar '13) Mar '13 gly 1
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000