Melo and K-Mart to donate to murdered...

Melo and K-Mart to donate to murdered Broncos player

There are 23 comments on the Ben Maller's Sports Rumors & Notes story from Jan 4, 2007, titled Melo and K-Mart to donate to murdered Broncos player. In it, Ben Maller's Sports Rumors & Notes reports that:

Nuggets Carmelo Anthony and Kenyon Martin are planning to donate money to the family of Darrent Williams , who was killed in a driveby shooting early Monday morning.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Ben Maller's Sports Rumors & Notes.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Chris

Denver, CO

#1 Jan 4, 2007
K Mart's quote "it is what it is." is extremely callus and cold. He should donate his whole salary from this year, and the rest he is going to "steal" from the Nuggets for the next five years.
Chi

United States

#2 Jan 4, 2007
Chris how much or you giving
Von

Denver, CO

#3 Jan 4, 2007
I hope they get that m****f*****, and when the do they should let everysingle bronco fan get a piece. my thoughts & prayers are with the family,bronco team (especiallY) Javon. keep God in your mind, thats the only way to get through this.
PEACE & LOVE
Darrents memory for life
Von
big man

Denver, CO

#4 Jan 4, 2007
I THINK IT IS VERY THOUGHTFUL THAT KEYON AND CARMELO IS THINKING OF THIS MAN'S KIDS FUTURE.IT'S A GREAT IDEA.MAYBE DARRENT'S SON MIGHT GROW UP TO BECOME A FOOTBALL PLAYER AND CARRY HIS DAD LEGACY.
jeanette

Lafayette, CO

#5 Jan 4, 2007
I think all of the football and basketball players should make an offer that cannot be refused so someone will turn the killer in
Sharon Frazier-Jones

Colorado Springs, CO

#6 Jan 4, 2007
Our prayers are with the family of Darrent William's Family. From myself and my son, he was a great role model, and will be truly missed. I'm sorry this tragedy happened to such a remarkable person.
THE HERRERA FAMILY

Greeley, CO

#7 Jan 4, 2007
OUR HEARTS GO OUT TO WILLIAMS FAMILY !
Mike

Littleton, CO

#8 Jan 4, 2007
jeanette wrote:
I think all of the football and basketball players should make an offer that cannot be refused so someone will turn the killer in
Pat Bowlen, Denver players from all sports, anyone that can afford to help!
I'f everyone pulls together we will get these guys, Tell me where I'll do my part!!!
Bronco Girl

Denver, CO

#9 Jan 4, 2007
Wow you are cold what else would you like them to say? No-one has to do anything but out of the kindness of there hearts and respect for him and his children they are donating money. It doesn't matter how much its the love and thought. So why don't you put up or shut up......
Chris wrote:
K Mart's quote "it is what it is." is extremely callus and cold. He should donate his whole salary from this year, and the rest he is going to "steal" from the Nuggets for the next five years.
Pipes Family

Louisville, CO

#10 Jan 4, 2007
Our prayers are with the Williams family in their time of sorrow. May God comfort you.
Pipes Family

Louisville, CO

#11 Jan 4, 2007
Our prayers go out to the William family. May God comfort you.
Deb

Lees Summit, MO

#12 Jan 4, 2007
My prayers go out to Darrent William's family and friends. What a tragedy.
My thoughts and prayers are also with the Broncos.
I am sure this will way heavy on their minds for a long time.
I hope they catch whoever did this. Jail will be to good for them.
Evans family

Denver, CO

#13 Jan 4, 2007
Are you fcking serious? This man died because some gang member cant be a man and lose a argument. A dead man over a fcking argument. WOW r u serious?Thats a big sign. I hope they find them bastards and send they ass to iraq, do a drive by over there. we'll see how long you bastards fcking last. The only child r u serious? He died over a fcking argument and his mom is left without her baby who had nothing but good in his heart. R u serious. May God bless the family,broncos and the fans. We need it!!!!!
Cheyenne

Austin, TX

#14 Jan 5, 2007
Chris wrote:
Couldn't agree more. I guess those of us who have never experienced the gang environment will never understand it, but we do not have to accept it. Martin's quote speaks volumes to the attitude of gang members. Wow are they a bunch of winners who should be rewarded with millions of dollars a year. Solution? DO NOT allow them to become a member of a professional sports team or send them to Iraq.
Cheyenne

Austin, TX

#15 Jan 5, 2007
Dear Carmello and Martin,

You are both losers. Evidenced by your attitudes, comments, and actions both on and off the court. And your "offer" to start any type of financial aid in William's name sounds like guilt money to me. Do us all a favor and disappear.
edo bg

Frankfort, KY

#16 Jan 5, 2007
jeanette wrote:
excelent idea
any damn way

Denver, CO

#17 Jan 5, 2007
Cheyenne wrote:
<quoted text>
Couldn't agree more. I guess those of us who have never experienced the gang environment will never understand it, but we do not have to accept it. Martin's quote speaks volumes to the attitude of gang members. Wow are they a bunch of winners who should be rewarded with millions of dollars a year. Solution? DO NOT allow them to become a member of a professional sports team or send them to Iraq.
why not, they wanna kill some damn body, if they get they ass over there lets see who gets killed, since they so damn hard
Vivian

Idledale, CO

#18 Jan 7, 2007
I think it very nice for melo and K-mart to donate amd In the future maybe Derrent's son will becoome a football player. I feel sad for Derrent williams's family. Melo and K-mart is very thoughtful!!!!!!
badtee57

Northridge, CA

#19 Jan 7, 2007
jeanette wrote:
That would be a good thing to do, I don't know if there been one offer yet, I don't if it was this article or another one, but the reward was for only 2,000 dollars but I honestly believe that he will be brought in real soon if they don't already have him or her.
Danielle Schlehuber

Aurora, CO

#20 Jan 10, 2007
Cheyenne wrote:
Dear Carmello and Martin,
You are both losers. Evidenced by your attitudes, comments, and actions both on and off the court. And your "offer" to start any type of financial aid in William's name sounds like guilt money to me. Do us all a favor and disappear.
OH! So, you must have been there that night, right? You sure are talkin a lot, but what are you doing for Darrent's family? The only loser i can think of is YOU!! Badmouthing people that you dont even know. How can you judge them, especially when they are trying to do something good for Darrent's loved ones. You dont even deserve to have an opinion in my eyes!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kenyon Martin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Knicks fire coach Mike Woodson, rest of staff (Apr '14) May '14 bigtool 5
News Kenyon Martin: Why Veteran Forward Needs to Sig... (Aug '12) Feb '13 from phil 2
News PBT: Clips to extend Griffin quickly, quietly (Jul '12) Jan '13 mike 2
News NBA Rumors: J.R. Smith and New York Knicks Like... (Feb '12) Feb '12 eddie rodriguez 1
News NBA Players Trapped in China? (Nov '11) Nov '11 Mark 2
News Nuggets sad that Melo had to take Billups with ... (Feb '11) Feb '11 jime k 1
News Tanaka's Take: Is Carmelo Anthony selfish or sm... (Aug '10) Sep '10 Steve 12
More from around the web