Magic fall on road to Nuggets

There are 102 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from Jan 11, 2008, titled Magic fall on road to Nuggets. In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

It wasn't the co-stars, Carmelo Anthony and Allen Iverson, who beat the Orlando Magic Friday night.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Sereno

Titusville, FL

#1 Jan 11, 2008
Van Gundy replaced Arroyo ith in the 4th because of a missed shot when the game was close 98-96 nuggets and Nelson did his thing.... Bravoooooooooooooooo!!!
Colombiano

Orlando, FL

#2 Jan 11, 2008
I was only able to watch the 4th quarter and I thought we played good defense, but made (like always) stupid turnovers at the wrong time. At this point I'd rather have Evans than Bogans on the floor playing the last minutes.

We have to win tomorrow to come back home with 2 wins and 2 losses...not bad!
Jim

Eddyville, KY

#3 Jan 11, 2008
Kleiza ? Carter ? Once again a bunch of no names look like super stars playing against the Magic defense. Yes Carmelo Anthony and Allen Iverson had good games. But you can live with that. Plain and simple, these two bums beat us tonight.
And people here still wonder why I think it is not a good idea to get overly excited about the Magic. They don't play any defense, and they continually make below average players look like first team all stars. Until they start to play consistent defense they will continue to lose more than they win.
That's why it is so easy to predict the losing streaks right now. Take away the lucky win against the Clippers the other night and this would have indeed been a 6 game losing streak after tomorrow nights blow out loss to the Jazz. I wonder how many points Milsap will get this time around ? The Magic will not be able to match the fiery play of the Jazz. That one will be over before it even starts. Unless the Magic play some defe......naw it will be over before it starts.
Funny

Puerto Rico

#4 Jan 11, 2008
The Orlando Magic defense system needs to improve dramatically. Hedo was owfull today and SVG rotation even worst.
Jim

Eddyville, KY

#5 Jan 11, 2008
Also what is up with these refs ? This was the same crew that worked the Houston game in Orlando last week when they disallowed the tip in by Foyle.
But as bad as the officiating was, they aren't the ones who have to go out there and get things done. That is up to the Magic players to bring it night in and night out.
2sense

AOL

#6 Jan 11, 2008
I think it's all that JJ Redicks fault! If that kid could play defense like all the other starters then the Magic would NEVER lose, Right?
Luke

El Paso, TX

#7 Jan 11, 2008
Evans & Dooling played well but were never played in the last minutes of the 4th--poor substitution by SVG. Nelson was too busy guarding the painted area and left Carter behind a screen on the left wing who nailed a 2 which changed the momentum of the game right there.

SVG said, "They made plays down the stretch and we did not." The Magic could not because Nelson is not a true PG.
Joe

Santa Rosa, CA

#8 Jan 11, 2008
Another stellar defensive performance put forth by the backcourt. No winners on offense hitting the big shots at the end. Brick city. Hey "coach of the year", are you punishing JJ for not quietly accepting the every man for himself losing situation that you've created. Good work. I’ve got an idea. Hold a press conference and rip your players in public. It hasn't helped so far but you never know. Make everyone happy and trade JJ today. The poor Magic fans will have to start wearing cloths pins on their noses if this stench keeps up.
SVG

Saint Petersburg, FL

#9 Jan 11, 2008
Sorry I kept Arroyo in the game so long, once he saw Nelson get off the bench in the 4th he started to throw up his "coming out the game shots" He made one, but missed 3 that turned into easy baskets on the other side. JJ did not play due to his lack of defense, a ball during warm ups almost hit me in the face and JJ could not stop it. Good thing Dwight's kid got the ball before it went into the Gatorade
El Magico

United States

#10 Jan 11, 2008
Colombiano wrote:
I was only able to watch the 4th quarter and I thought we played good defense, but made (like always) stupid turnovers at the wrong time. At this point I'd rather have Evans than Bogans on the floor playing the last minutes.
We have to win tomorrow to come back home with 2 wins and 2 losses...not bad!
i'T ARROYO FOUT SO DONT BE ----
Luis

Austin, TX

#11 Jan 11, 2008
Just saw the last 3 minutes of the game... and saw Carter burning Nelson left and right!

Unfortunatelly I don't thing SVG will change his mentallity... I'm getting enough of this.

“Hate is a four letter word!”

Since: Dec 07

New York, NY

#12 Jan 11, 2008
Nelson was so badly burned I thought he might have to go to the local hospital for treatments for all those 3rd degree burns.
Hedo is either terrible or great no inbetween well tonight he was terrible.
Howard would you please get your mind off whatever and make your freethrows please. You started off not too bad, but as the game got closer to the end you just got worse.
Now the Magic play the Jazz who beat the Magic in Orlando. The Jazz then were hurting, but are playing better now and that is not good considering the Magic could not beat them when they were down. Bogans had burns from that game that needed treatment.
So SVG start Evans instead of Bogans for tonight's game against the Jazz please.
Jim

Eddyville, KY

#13 Jan 11, 2008
Luis wrote:
Just saw the last 3 minutes of the game... and saw Carter burning Nelson left and right!
Unfortunatelly I don't thing SVG will change his mentallity... I'm getting enough of this.
You're right Luis. Carter made a fool out of Nelson. This is happening way too much. I mean this dude Carter is like 74 years old.
Bud says

AOL

#14 Jan 11, 2008
CHOKE!

“He shoot a 61.”

Since: Oct 07

Winter Park

#15 Jan 11, 2008
SVG wrote:
Sorry I kept Arroyo in the game so long, once he saw Nelson get off the bench in the 4th he started to throw up his "coming out the game shots" He made one, but missed 3 that turned into easy baskets on the other side. JJ did not play due to his lack of defense, a ball during warm ups almost hit me in the face and JJ could not stop it. Good thing Dwight's kid got the ball before it went into the Gatorade
You are right o target.
Magic played 3 great quarters.
Arroyo was sucking air and then decided to get his shots in before they took him out.
I thought that Dooling played a great game ( super good defence)
We lost the game but it was a good game for the most part of it.
Jim is right the refs where really terrible at both ends.
Jim

Eddyville, KY

#16 Jan 11, 2008
OK. So who do we think will get their season or career high for Utah against the Magic tomorrow night ? Milsap ? Harpring ? The TowelBoy ?
Also, who will be the two starting guards for the Magic ?
Will the Magic allow less than 115 points ?
Will SVG allow Ron Jeremy to take his place for a couple of games ? Perhaps he would give J.J. a chance to play.
Jim

Eddyville, KY

#17 Jan 11, 2008
Funny how all of the "glass half full" optimistic crew has not showed up yet to give their rah rah speeches about how the Magic will still win 50 games this year.
Apparently "reality" must be setting in about now, and they can realize that once and for all..the truth shall set them free.
And just what is the truth here ? Well I am glad I asked. The truth, be it as it may, is that the Orlando Magic is an average basketball team at best, that will win 42 games at the most, and be knocked out in the first round of the playoffs.
sunnydaze

Anthony, FL

#18 Jan 11, 2008
Think positive... "Magic falls upon my Nuggets..Ok dear roll over here I am!!!
RORSCHACH

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#19 Jan 11, 2008
Jim wrote:
Kleiza ? Carter ? Once again a bunch of no names look like super stars playing against the Magic defense. Yes Carmelo Anthony and Allen Iverson had good games. But you can live with that. Plain and simple, these two bums beat us tonight.
And people here still wonder why I think it is not a good idea to get overly excited about the Magic. They don't play any defense, and they continually make below average players look like first team all stars. Until they start to play consistent defense they will continue to lose more than they win.
That's why it is so easy to predict the losing streaks right now. Take away the lucky win against the Clippers the other night and this would have indeed been a 6 game losing streak after tomorrow nights blow out loss to the Jazz. I wonder how many points Milsap will get this time around ? The Magic will not be able to match the fiery play of the Jazz. That one will be over before it even starts. Unless the Magic play some defe......naw it will be over before it starts.
LOL!!!!!!!!!!

JIM IS HILARIOUS
Jim

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#20 Jan 11, 2008
Ahhhhhhhhhhhh Just as I predicted

this will be the start of a 43 game losing streak,

the Jazz win 345,678-9

Jerry Sloan will suit up and break john stocktons assist record

i posted this after the kings game

"Just as I predicted, this will be the first of 4 consecutive losses on this road trip. At that point it will be a 6 game losing streak.
We all better get used to this. The bubble has burst here. The Magic are showing their true colors. They give no effort at all whatsoever. Absolutely no intensity, especially on the defensive side of the ball.
Now they will begin to lose on the road as I predicted as well. Right now it doesn't matter who they are playing or where, when they have no heart and don't give any effort on the court then the losing will continue to mount.
Like I said folks, 40 or 42 wins at best for this team, with a first round exit from the playoffs.
No sense even discussing the Sacramento game further. I think it speaks for itself.
I think there is something going on with Howard as well. Something doesn't seem right. The team will always look to the leader and do what ? Follow the leader. They are following him right out of the playoffs unfortunately."

i am JIM THE MAGIC ARE LEAVING TOWN ON MARCH 34TH

I PREDICT THIS AND I AM ALWAYS RIGHT

I AM WHITE TRASH

LISTEN TO ME

AND COME BUY MY GOOD AT THE SANFORD FLEA MARKET

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kenyon Martin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Knicks fire coach Mike Woodson, rest of staff (Apr '14) May '14 bigtool 5
News Kenyon Martin: Why Veteran Forward Needs to Sig... (Aug '12) Feb '13 from phil 2
News PBT: Clips to extend Griffin quickly, quietly (Jul '12) Jan '13 mike 2
News NBA Rumors: J.R. Smith and New York Knicks Like... (Feb '12) Feb '12 eddie rodriguez 1
News NBA Players Trapped in China? (Nov '11) Nov '11 Mark 2
News Nuggets sad that Melo had to take Billups with ... (Feb '11) Feb '11 jime k 1
News Tanaka's Take: Is Carmelo Anthony selfish or sm... (Aug '10) Sep '10 Steve 12
More from around the web