Orlando Magic guard Courtney Lee is a...

Orlando Magic guard Courtney Lee is a rarity; a late-round rook...

There are 42 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from Apr 23, 2009, titled Orlando Magic guard Courtney Lee is a rarity; a late-round rook.... In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

B efore the 2006 NBA draft, Orlando Magic General Manager was trying to put this crapshoot of a process into perspective.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Jon

Orlando, FL

#1 Apr 23, 2009
Lee has been great. I have an idea for next season. Try and sign both Turk and Gortat, then trade them to Utah for Boozer. That would make the magic the team to beat for many seasons to come. Utah would get 2 solid talents, and the magic would get the piece they are missing for a title.
Cory

Allen, TX

#2 Apr 23, 2009
Courtney Lee will be the next D-Wade.

“Orlando Magic........... ......”

Since: Jul 07

Magic land

#3 Apr 23, 2009
Cory wrote:
Courtney Lee will be the next D-Wade.
I think he is great, but lets not get carried away

“Life's a Beach”

Since: Dec 07

Cocoa Beach

#4 Apr 23, 2009
How about these draft picks:

Matt Harpring, Mike Miller, Anderson Verajo, Brendan Heywood. Those were all pretty good picks.

CLee has been impressive so far! I'm hoping tonight Rashard gets out of the shooting slump!

Go Magic!
Jim

Oviedo, FL

#6 Apr 23, 2009
I called a Lee rimming spectacle last night. Duhhhh. Duhhh. Brother, can you spare a dime?
Psychoriasis

Hong Kong

#7 Apr 23, 2009
Too bad Turk didn't give him much opportunity in the late minutes of Game 2...
AMAC

Winston Salem, NC

#8 Apr 23, 2009
I personally think we dump Hedo (who takes SOOOO many horrendous shots) and we sign Lee to a long-term deal. He's got all the chops to be a GREAT starter in this league. I think he could average 20 ppg if he was more assertive and felt his role was to score. As the article says, he just doesn't like taking bad shots - doesn't like forcing them. I love his hustle. I love his defensive intensity. I love his willingness to do whatever is asked of him with an earnest and humble heart. We NEED to resign him to a long-term deal. He and Nelson are our backcourt of the future.
I Called This Loss Folks

Casselberry, FL

#9 Apr 23, 2009
Tomorrow night Lee will score no more than 11 points.

You heard it here first folks.

Rashard and Turk will combine to score 19 points.

The Magic as a team will only score 87 points folks.

Iguodala and Miller will both have huge games.

This will ultimately end in a rather easy win for the Sixers.

Austin

Gainesville, FL

#10 Apr 24, 2009
For once, the Magic finally made a great draft pick! Let's see... this decade, and this is only counting guys we've kept, I can think of 2 others off the top of my head, and both, Dwight & Mike Miller, were top 5 picks. Glad the team finally made a good late 1st round pick.
Aron

Sanford, FL

#11 Apr 24, 2009
Dude, I can't wait until next year. Lee is going to get better and better. With Jameer next to his side to feed Lee, he is going to average at least 15 ppg, if not more. We could move Hedo back to the bench to run the second unit and put Battie back in the starting 5. Rafer and Hedo coming off the bench along with Pietrus and whom ever we pick up, since we know Marcin is leaving.

Anyway, lets hope Lee continues to play like the stud he is.
Ant

United States

#12 Apr 24, 2009
I Called This Loss Folks wrote:
Tomorrow night Lee will score no more than 11 points.
Rashard and Turk will combine to score 19 points.
The Magic as a team will only score 87 points folks.
Iguodala and Miller will both have huge games.
This will ultimately end in a rather easy win for the Sixers.
You sir, are an asshat. Wasn't it you who "predicted" a game two loss? Go fall on a knife.
George

Orlando, FL

#13 Apr 24, 2009
I am one who agrees that the Magic should S/T Hedo/Gortat for Boozer.

PG.Nelson
SG.Lee
SF.Lewis
PF.Boozer
C. Howard

Nice!
Briannn

Orlando, FL

#14 Apr 24, 2009
A first round draft pick is not a late-round draft pick. This isn't the NFL and a 6th round pick coming out of nowhere. I understand that it is a little more rare in hte NBA for late first picks to pan out, but it certainly is nothing unheard of. Just unheard of for the Magic.
LMAO

AOL

#15 Apr 24, 2009
CLee should be the starting PG for years to come but thats not going to happen.
Unless the Magic can get rid of some uncalled for Huge contracts by the end of next year Lee will be gone to the highest bidder after next season.

I said it since the draft... this is a ball player that has worked his tail off all his life and it's a credit to him to have that college degree and to have overcome the hardships he faced.

Jameer Nelson is not big league point guard despite the stupid allstar pick fiasco. The Magic wont ever be a strong Finals contender with Nelson.

What you all are watching is the new Chauncy Billups in CLee. He can do it all. He is strong, smart and can score when needed. The kid was born to be a NBA PG, not a two guard. I say Otis wont agree and Otis wont have the money to keep him at the end of next year without dumping some big time contracts.

Lees agent can set the bar for him in one year and he will.
Good luck and good fortune to a solid pro from Hilltopper Heaven!
:)
Aron

Sanford, FL

#16 Apr 24, 2009
George wrote:
I am one who agrees that the Magic should S/T Hedo/Gortat for Boozer.
PG.Nelson
SG.Lee
SF.Lewis
PF.Boozer
C. Howard
Nice!
We've all called for Boozer to come here and play, but we are forgetting about Detroit that is going to be wwwaaaayyy under the cap next year. They may try and sign Boozer over us and have the actually cap room to do so. We may be able to get Milsap though.
Turk Rashard in trouble

Palm Coast, FL

#17 Apr 24, 2009
Is Brian retarded????......what kind of post is this.....Magic never really trust there Rookies unless (well first of all magic never picks any good rookies).........I can give sooo many examples of late first round rookies making a difference...i just don't wanna go through the pain of looking them up........Magic never really gives a chance to budding rookies.....cuz apparently Turk and Rashard even with going 4-14...gets the last shot

“If you say it, back it up”

Since: Jan 08

Ocoee, FL

#18 Apr 24, 2009
Jon wrote:
Lee has been great. I have an idea for next season. Try and sign both Turk and Gortat, then trade them to Utah for Boozer. That would make the magic the team to beat for many seasons to come. Utah would get 2 solid talents, and the magic would get the piece they are missing for a title.
Boozer doesn't shoot the 3. That is how this team is built. When your 4 can shoot the 3, the opposing team can't use it's 4 to double team our 5.:-)

“If you say it, back it up”

Since: Jan 08

Ocoee, FL

#19 Apr 24, 2009
Magic by 20....
ADD

Carrollton, TX

#20 Apr 24, 2009
Lee is starting to be one of my favorite players on the Magic squad. He and Howard play harder than the rest from what I've seen, and he always seems to know when to go to the basket or shoot. Great player and person.
Aron

Sanford, FL

#21 Apr 24, 2009
LMAO wrote:
CLee should be the starting PG for years to come but thats not going to happen.
Unless the Magic can get rid of some uncalled for Huge contracts by the end of next year Lee will be gone to the highest bidder after next season.
I said it since the draft... this is a ball player that has worked his tail off all his life and it's a credit to him to have that college degree and to have overcome the hardships he faced.
Jameer Nelson is not big league point guard despite the stupid allstar pick fiasco. The Magic wont ever be a strong Finals contender with Nelson.
What you all are watching is the new Chauncy Billups in CLee. He can do it all. He is strong, smart and can score when needed. The kid was born to be a NBA PG, not a two guard. I say Otis wont agree and Otis wont have the money to keep him at the end of next year without dumping some big time contracts.
Lees agent can set the bar for him in one year and he will.
Good luck and good fortune to a solid pro from Hilltopper Heaven!
:)
Hey dumb dumb, Lee is signed through 2012. You forget he was a 1st pick this year and first round picks usually get 3-4 year deals?

http://hoopshype.com/salaries/orlando.htm

Look at the link above. It may help some of you others as well.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Keith Bogans Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Chicago Bulls Rumors: Richard Hamilton to Chica... (Dec '11) Dec '11 Vance Kelly 1
News Shannon Brown and 10 SG's Who Could Help the Ch... (Jul '11) Jul '11 bill 1
News Golden State Warriors vs. Chicago Bulls (Nov '10) Nov '10 Reybuenabal 1
News Bulls loose Boozer for up to 8 weeks (Oct '10) Oct '10 SilverSoftcat319 1
News NBA free-agent shopping list: Will Magic go for... (Jun '09) Jul '09 OriginalSixx 77
News With Courtney Lee injured, J.J. Redick is ready... (May '09) May '09 Judge Philip Banks 46
News Orlando Magic notes: Dwight Howard accidentally... (Apr '09) Apr '09 Aron 3
More from around the web