Instant gratification? Pacers call it free agency

Full story: The Indianapolis Star

The NBA draft came and went Thursday with only a minute sound coming from the Indiana Pacers.
Comments
1 - 20 of 68 Comments Last updated Jul 5, 2007
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Brad
#1 Jun 30, 2007
Larry, you and every basketball fan in this city know that not one season ticket will be sold until Tinsley is gone.
hmmmmmm

Indianapolis, IN

#2 Jun 30, 2007
Give Tinsley a chance under the new coach...Everyone knows about the off the court issues, but we all make mistakes. I only care about how he plays on the court, and he was sucessful when he was in a more up-tempo style under Isiah Thomas. If O'Brien can get him to play the right way, good...if not, THEN get rid of him.

“SMOKERS, DRINKERS, OBESE UNITE”

Since: Jun 07

INDIANA

#3 Jun 30, 2007
I SAY WE GET RID OF THE PACERS AND SEE IF ANOTHER TEAM WANT TO COME HERE! A TEAM THAT WON'T GO GETTO! SORRY IT HAD TO BE SAID! SHOOT ME BUT WE ARE KNOWN FOR OUR HOSPITALITY BUT WITH THE PACERS WE LOOK LIKE GOONS RIGHT NOW!
IU Guy 68

Columbus, IN

#4 Jun 30, 2007
Grab Kapono, he was a sharp shooter last season. Grab Rush only if he is really cheap. The problem with Kapono is that he is yet another SF, which we already have plenty of. I wonder how much playing time Shawn Williams will actually see this season. Rumors I've seen have the Nets sending us Jefferson, Krystic and Marcus Williams for JO and a filler. I don't know how I feel about it.
Brad
#5 Jun 30, 2007
Tinsley is good only when he wants to be. How can you have a point guard that is not dedicated to winning every night he is on the court?
kenny

United States

#6 Jun 30, 2007
Tinsley has not played with near the passion he showed in his rookie year. I guess being a thug was more important to him!
DaddyBanks

Chicago, IL

#7 Jun 30, 2007
If you ask me.. I would like to see thew Team stay in tact for O'Brien. Look.. Carisle had one good season.. HIS FIRST and thats it! Give this team a shot with a new coach.

But I wouldnt pull the trigger on the Nets trade. Jefferson is a SO SO and Nerad Kristic is one of the best Bottle Boys out there. So NO. I dont like the Lakers Trade either. I dont want a player who doesnt want to play for the Pacers .. that hurts the team

Brevin Knight has to be looked at from Charlotte. The 31-year-old Knight averaged 9.1 points and 6.6 assists per game last season, but was limited to 45 games. Charlotte was Knight's seventh team since being Cleveland's first round pick in 1997. He is a very solid PG

I would like to see Austin Chrosere come back for way less money! He wasnt that bad for the pacers and was solid when giving playing time. He is a Unrestricted Free Agent.

Others I like to see in a pacers uniform, Jalen Rose, Morris Peterson, Earl Boykins, Jason Kapono, James Posey, Smush Parker, Micheal Pietrus, DALE DAVIS!, Steve Blake, Matt Carroll, and possibly Maybe a loooooooooooooooooong Shot Gerald Wallce that dude is a BEAST
jjax

United States

#8 Jun 30, 2007
the sooner you crack heads understand tha tinsley's a moronic punk and will never be anything else. Minimal talent, zero brains (dumber than a box of rocks) & way too much a gangsta for anyone's good. oneil is a primadona who at 7' can't (or won't) go underneath and bang. that will not change. & larry legand is just a good ol boy hick that couldn't manage his way out of a paper sack. larry's a joke, the teams a joke and you folks that are hoping this team, as it is, can pull any type of a decent season out next season ( the next few years for that matter) are living in a dream world.

oh & daddybanks......what the heck are you starting a senior league for the Pacers to play in with that line up you're talking about?
irishslider

Stone Mountain, GA

#9 Jun 30, 2007
Here's a novel idea to improve the Pacers. Fire Larry Bird and hire Jerry West!
Ironic

Martinsville, IN

#10 Jun 30, 2007
Brad wrote:
Larry, you and every basketball fan in this city know that not one season ticket will be sold until Tinsley is gone.
"not one season ticket will be sold"

WRONG
time is now

San Francisco, CA

#11 Jun 30, 2007
the walshes need to sell the team to someone who cares and has some spunk.they have no desire, never at any games since reggie left,if this happen to my company heads would spin,accountabilty would assure,and getting a new team dedicated to getting the job done. we need a no nonsence owner and coaches who can deliver a winning team. until then saddle up pacers fans a long ride awaits you
INDYSTAR

Indianapolis, IN

#12 Jun 30, 2007
NBA is dead - Lowest ratings ever - Until next season and ratings will be even lower.
Ted

AOL

#13 Jun 30, 2007
(I once was a season ticket...)
Pacers management, for once do something that makes sense to win.
Do whatever it takes to get free agent, Mo Williams, as your starting point guard, and Smush Parker as a back up. Get rid of Tinsely and Troy Murphy to make it happen.

Evansville IN
Your clock is wrong

Jeffersonville, IN

#14 Jun 30, 2007
I'm pretty sure that the Simon family own the Pacers...
Hoosier Sammy

Evansville, IN

#15 Jun 30, 2007
The more Larry talks the more his stupid shows. Larry is stupid and you can't fix stupid.

Larry's new book will be out soon "From Legend to Loser" I'd wait for paper back though I hear it stinks too.

Boycott Simon Malls and Retail Centers and you will see change quick. Indiana stop being the Simons' personal cash cow.
Blake

Indianapolis, IN

#16 Jun 30, 2007
Steve Blake and/or Earl Boykins would be a HUGE upgrade from what we have now. Morris Peterson would be a great sign--can we afford him? Posey played pretty well for the Heat last year: he can shoot and run the floor.
Trying to hang in there

Evansville, IN

#17 Jun 30, 2007
Keep Tinsley this year and see how he is away from Carlisle. He played well most of last year. Plus he will be almost impossible to trade right now. Of the free agents I like Steve Blake.
Coach Hep Got Me

South Vienna, OH

#18 Jun 30, 2007
I'd rather have an Arena Football League team again than the Pacers
Randy

Winslow, IN

#21 Jun 30, 2007
I let my season tickets lapse and will not buy anymore until Tinsley and O'Neal are gone. Carlyle was in that equation but thank god he is gone.
Robb in CLT

Fort Mill, SC

#22 Jun 30, 2007
Bobcats just cut Brevin Knight...good replacement for Tinsley. Can pick him up on the cheap and save $$ and likely get better performance. A great leader who will be missed in Charlotte.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kareem Rush Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pacers catch break, cash in (Mar '08) Mar '08 McChubbin 70
Marion's lift short-lived (Feb '08) Feb '08 jochet 15
Knicks can't hold off Pacers in 103-100 loss (Feb '08) Feb '08 Pablo 3
Big trouble awaits a slumping team (Feb '08) Feb '08 Sealionindy 49
Home games are welcome but offer no assurances (Jan '08) Feb '08 Boston Celtics 28
Pacers rally from 17-point deficit to beat Warr... (Jan '08) Jan '08 AVHS Dad 25
Pacers lose forward Jermaine O'Neal for minimum... (Jan '08) Jan '08 Trying to hang in... 24
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Kareem Rush People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••