Home games are welcome but offer no assurances

Full story: The Indianapolis Star

The schedule finally offers some solace, but it's hardly the lone remedy for what ails the Indiana Pacers.
Comments
1 - 20 of 28 Comments Last updated Feb 1, 2008
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
PLAYA

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2008

Thank you Bird for the empty crib. The fieldhouse is to nice to only have 5k a night in it, but that how it will stay till Bird is GONE!
Bad moves

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2008

Bird has made some of the most horrible decisions possible when it comes to players. He should have gotten rid of JO and Tinsley when he could now both are injured AGAIN and not worth a wooden nickel. Bringing in a bunch of has been bench players and thinking they could compete with the big dogs. The Pacers are a joke and their management is even worse. Bird go back to Forida and play some golf you loser
Jim Mora Sr

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2008

Playoffs! You kidding me?! Playoffs! We're just trying to win a game!
Mookie

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2008

Seriously, why would the Pacers want to vie for the last Playoff spot? What's to be gained in that? The best thing that could happen to this team is to continue the trend we're on now...losing to last place teams, getting an occasional win, etc. Then, there is hope of a complete make-over of this team, and I mean, from top to bottom. If the Pacers even come close to vying for the last playoff spot, then the hype will be, "See, this team is improving! See, this team has potential, they just need to fix a few little things, and they'll be okay." All of that is ridiculous, of course, but that will be the hype.
John

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2008

As they continue to make adjustments they Pacers will improve.

They could go 17-5 at home and 8-7 on the road the rest of the way.

Will 23-12 be enough to make the playoffs?
John

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2008

Make that 25-12.
Oh yeah

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2008

Go Pistons! I can't wait to see the best team in the East (not Boston, BTW)beat up on this sad Pacers team. Go Chauncey, Go Prince, Go Sheed, Go Rip, Go Antonio McD, and all the other studs on the Pistons!
supercolts

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2008

As a Pacer fan I would like to see them keep playing Granger, Williams and Diogu. Get the players use to this system. They are not going to win a championship this year so if we lose out atleast we will get lottery pick and maybe we can dump off tinsley and Oneil and get a couple more picks. We are a work in progress.
druss

Lewisville, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2008

Everybody keeps saying to dump Tinsley and O'neal. Well that's fine, but where? Teams are not going to take in another teams "Financial Problems" (thank you Larry).....I wish it were that easy, anybody have an Easy Button?(push it)...All I can say is we are stuck and that sux...They have until the Trade Deadline, before I decide to give up and just start losing (I hate to say that), but I would rather take a few steps back to have a bright future. Lastly, this is for Larry Bird "DON'T TRADE ARE DRAFT PICK!!!!!!!"...Go Pacers!!!
mediagiant

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2008

druss wrote:
Everybody keeps saying to dump Tinsley and O'neal. Well that's fine, but where? Teams are not going to take in another teams "Financial Problems" (thank you Larry).....I wish it were that easy, anybody have an Easy Button?(push it)...All I can say is we are stuck and that sux...They have until the Trade Deadline, before I decide to give up and just start losing (I hate to say that), but I would rather take a few steps back to have a bright future. Lastly, this is for Larry Bird "DON'T TRADE ARE DRAFT PICK!!!!!!!"...Go Pacers!!!
That's "don't trade OUR draft pick!" Come on, that's elementary school grammar.
Brandon

South Bend, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2008

We need to make some major trades to get ourself in position for the draft and free agency (and we should have done this last year, really). Why slog through another season trying to get the eight seed and a date with Boston or Detroit? We have zero chance of competing for the title. We need to trade anyone with value besides a few key young players. Murphy, Rush, Harrison and Daniels should have some value to other teams and don't seem to be crucial to our future.
Toxicprof

Rome, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2008

John wrote:
As they continue to make adjustments they Pacers will improve.
They could go 17-5 at home and 8-7 on the road the rest of the way.
Will 23-12 be enough to make the playoffs?
No way they go 17-5 at home. They are almost certain to lose seven of their next ten games.
warm beer

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2008

Larry held on to JO too long like someone would do with his beer (not Larry!) Now, he's waited too long. JO is damaged whose trade value drops every minute. Prediction: at least two more bottom of the barrel years for the Pacers until any serious playoff hope is ever seen.
Rich

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2008

This team is in limbo for the next three years. It's sad how the off court problems totally ripped apart one of the best franchises in the NBA. Larry is getting a lot of blame, but I don't see how anyone could have predicted all these shootings and problems off the court. It started in Detroit with Artest and now we're just a big joke around the league. Honestly, the entire NBA is turning into a joke. Most of these guys playing today are all punks and are more interested in living the good life then buckling down and playing ball. NBA contracts put strangle holds on teams throughout the league.

The entire league needs to be restructured or the fans will stop coming.
murrayman

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2008

It is very hard to back a team that has such low-life trashy players. They have ruined the reputation of the team. Maybe some day they will clean up the team in addition to recruiting good talent.
Bill

West Baden Springs, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2008

The Pacers are a weak team even with O'Neal in the line up without him they should be playing college ball. Time to suck it up and get rid of the dead weight. Thats everyone but Foster, Granger and Dunleavy, everyone else on that team is bush league.
reality

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2008

JO should be arrested for robbery! Every dime the Pacers have paid him should be returned! Can we sue him? I mean really. Maybe I've been watching too much Judge Mathis, but there's no way he can argue that the Pacers got what they paid for.
Bill

West Baden Springs, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2008

Oh yeah wrote:
Go Pistons! I can't wait to see the best team in the East (not Boston, BTW)beat up on this sad Pacers team. Go Chauncey, Go Prince, Go Sheed, Go Rip, Go Antonio McD, and all the other studs on the Pistons!
That's another dead horse it's just a year or so behing the pacers
'
Old Roy

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2008

Home games are welcome by whom?
Tinzley

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2008

PLAYA wrote:
Thank you Bird for the empty crib. The fieldhouse is to nice to only have 5k a night in it, but that how it will stay till Bird is GONE!
How about from now on we call it "Bird's Empty Nest"?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Kareem Rush Discussions

Search the Kareem Rush Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Pacers catch break, cash in (Mar '08) Mar '08 McChubbin 70
Marion's lift short-lived (Feb '08) Feb '08 jochet 15
Knicks can't hold off Pacers in 103-100 loss (Feb '08) Feb '08 Pablo 3
Big trouble awaits a slumping team (Feb '08) Feb '08 Sealionindy 49
Pacers rally from 17-point deficit to beat Warr... (Jan '08) Jan '08 AVHS Dad 25
Pacers lose forward Jermaine O'Neal for minimum... (Jan '08) Jan '08 Trying to hang in there 24
This time, Pacers deliver with fantastic finish (Jan '08) Jan '08 Zakkwylderulz 34
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••