O'Brien setting tone for players' beh...

O'Brien setting tone for players' behavior

There are 17 comments on the The Indianapolis Star story from Oct 7, 2007, titled O'Brien setting tone for players' behavior. In it, The Indianapolis Star reports that:

One of the first things the Indiana Pacers noticed about their new coach was his aggressive, straight-forward demeanor.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Indianapolis Star.

southside

Bloomington, IN

#1 Oct 8, 2007
Sounds good. O'Brien will have an impact.
Hoos

Indianapolis, IN

#2 Oct 8, 2007
I bet they suck again this year...
ironic

Indianapolis, IN

#4 Oct 8, 2007
Hoos wrote:
Oh Shutup.
mirror

Erlanger, KY

#5 Oct 8, 2007
If you as an organization are going to ask us, the fans, to foot the bill and build you one of the nicest arenas on the planet, and then you're going to ask us to spend a $100 per ticket to get into the arena that we built with our tax dollars, and then ask us to spend $20 for some popcorn and cokes... well we have the right to ask you for something, too. Stop making us look foolish with your silly ass behavior. Somebody in that organization has to step up and hold the team to a higher standard of conduct -- evidently making everybody personally responsible for their own conduct is not working. Mel, Herb, Donnie, Larry??? Anybody?
Honest Abe

Monon, IN

#6 Oct 8, 2007
Hoos wrote:
You have a fifty percent chance of being right.You had the same odds in 1861.
Jason W

Roanoke, IN

#7 Oct 8, 2007
Sounds encouraging so far. Sounds like coach is a standup guy who just expects these guys to be serious about their jobs and show up everyday and put in the work to get better and better. I can appreciate that and I think alot of Pacers fans will to. I dont think we have the most talented team, but as long as they play with heart and enthusiasm we could make enough noise to get to the playoffs. Give em a chance Pacer fans, it would go a long way for the team if we show them that we are still behind them and we are giving them another chance to win us over. I think they know that we have'nt been happy with them.
NEW TEAM....NEW YEAR....BE POSITIVE!!!!....GO PACERS!!!!
Dirk Diggler

United States

#8 Oct 8, 2007
But does O'Brien have a cure for those pesky sinus infections that kept Tinsley out of so many games last year? While he's at it, does he have some ointment for that rash that the probation department's ankle bracelet will cause during practice and games?
Will O'Brien be a good enough sports psychologist to reverse all that emotional damage that mean old Carlisle did to Tinsley by expecting him to adhere to a system instead of just going out and balling every night?
Tune in, sports fans, for the next exciting episode of "As the Pacers Turn" and find out.
so what

Indianapolis, IN

#9 Oct 8, 2007
blah blah blah blah blah blah.
Sounds like the highest paid baby sitter in Indy. If anyone needs a good laugh go to the Golden State web-site and see our own Mr.Jackson...aka titty bar gun slinger. He was just appointed team captain. Now there is a good indication of the product that the NBA has become.
so what

Indianapolis, IN

#10 Oct 8, 2007
Just Dave wrote:
It's a little sad and ironic that a story about an NBA coach who requires his players to behave professionally is considered newsworthy. Refreshing for the Pacers maybe, but it should go without saying that guys have to show up for practice on time and be prepared to do their jobs, especially at their level of compensation.
with any luck the entire franchise will be suspended by December and we won't have to put of with the NBA.
why

Unionville, IN

#11 Oct 8, 2007
so what wrote:
blah blah blah blah blah blah.
Sounds like the highest paid baby sitter in Indy. If anyone needs a good laugh go to the Golden State web-site and see our own Mr.Jackson...aka titty bar gun slinger. He was just appointed team captain. Now there is a good indication of the product that the NBA has become.
if you hate them so much why did you take the time to read this and comment on it
back in

United States

#12 Oct 8, 2007
Wast of time ..........get out and exercise
forget these over paid prima-donna s
Are you kidding

Indianapolis, IN

#13 Oct 8, 2007
Until Larry "Legend" and the Pacers start recruiting TEAM players who aren't thugs...guys who want to play the game and would appreciate playing in the NBA...guys more interested in winning than in accumulating Escalades and bling...what's the point? The Pacers are as shameful as the Colts are an organization of which to be proud. This Gary Varvel cartoon said it all last season: http://blogs.indystar.com/varvelblog/02092007...
so what

Indianapolis, IN

#14 Oct 8, 2007
why wrote:
<quoted text>
if you hate them so much why did you take the time to read this and comment on it
So this is just a cheer leading blog....? Sorry little girl.Don't get your pom poms in a twist. Yeah raaaah go pacers...you guys are so awesome! I hope all our kids grow up to be just as good a citizens as you guys! Is that better?
lone pacer fan

Indianapolis, IN

#15 Oct 8, 2007
Hoos wrote:
...and your team will be better? Oh wait, you don't have a team! hahahaa!
U Will See

Arlington Heights, IL

#17 Oct 8, 2007
Hoos wrote:
Of course they will suck; O'Brien will lose all of his hair by December...
Played Out

United States

#18 Oct 9, 2007
Look at the bright side , it can't get much worse than it's been the last three years .
Adam

Bloomington, IN

#19 Oct 9, 2007
so what wrote:
<quoted text>So this is just a cheer leading blog....? Sorry little girl.Don't get your pom poms in a twist. Yeah raaaah go pacers...you guys are so awesome! I hope all our kids grow up to be just as good a citizens as you guys! Is that better?
Well if you want this to be a blog for an intellectual debate, at least one side has to know what the hell they're talking about. So far all the Pacer bashers I've seen have roughly zero insight on the subject. It's hard to debate something you know absolutely nothing about.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kareem Rush Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pacers catch break, cash in (Mar '08) Mar '08 McChubbin 70
News Marion's lift short-lived (Feb '08) Feb '08 jochet 15
News Knicks can't hold off Pacers in 103-100 loss (Feb '08) Feb '08 Pablo 3
News Big trouble awaits a slumping team (Feb '08) Feb '08 Sealionindy 49
News Home games are welcome but offer no assurances (Jan '08) Feb '08 Boston Celtics 28
News Pacers rally from 17-point deficit to beat Warr... (Jan '08) Jan '08 AVHS Dad 25
News Pacers lose forward Jermaine O'Neal for minimum... (Jan '08) Jan '08 Trying to hang in... 24
More from around the web