Bird confident Pacers mixing up a winner

Bird confident Pacers mixing up a winner

There are 38 comments on the The Indianapolis Star story from Sep 29, 2007, titled Bird confident Pacers mixing up a winner. In it, The Indianapolis Star reports that:

"Chemistry" was the word Larry Bird threw around Conseco Fieldhouse on Friday. Ask the Indiana Pacers president what the key to success is this season, and he said chemistry.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Indianapolis Star.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
madison

Carmel, IN

#28 Sep 29, 2007
What planet is the Pacer front office living on? There's no analyst of the game who would rate us better than we were this time year-ago. On top of that, we have another court case problem. And, that doesn't count the pending judicial issues some of our star players brought with them from last season. Then, there's Quis' knee. It's still not healed (and never will be). Ugh!
Still Laughing

Hutto, TX

#29 Sep 29, 2007
Ok this years buzz word is chemistry,hmmm and wasnt last years "Its up to us", well that went well. Larry we arent drinking your Koolaid anymore, this franchise has been a complete disaster ever since you came aboard. Please do all of us live long fans a favor and quit.
jake

Ooltewah, TN

#30 Sep 29, 2007
Fire Bird.
Susan Chen

AOL

#31 Sep 29, 2007
I don't know what your manager's smokin, Hall of Fame or not... We're so-oo happy to unload the two losers, Dunleavy and Murphy, didn't know there were suckers that will take them. Yes, you guessed right, I'm a very lucky and happy Warrior fan!
PLAYA

Indianapolis, IN

#32 Sep 29, 2007
When will this lie end?
Michael Cooper

United States

#33 Sep 29, 2007
PLAYA wrote:
When will this lie end?
Monday, if Willams shows up!
New Spin Needed

Louisville, KY

#35 Sep 29, 2007
Bird has underestimated the Pacer fan's intelligence, patience and understanding of the game with his answer!

Hey-he must know he is going to need to put a positive spin on this team to sell some tickets-but just "chemistry" is not enough..nor just the Offense and Defense.

In my opinion he needs a more thought out and complete answer so he does not get crucified in the future!

I have faith in Larry but statement needs more thought put into it ; )
Thats Not Rebuilding

Chicago, IL

#36 Sep 29, 2007
Don of Indy wrote:
Shawn Marion has asked for a trade. Does this sound anywhere near or even remotely like a opportunity to improve the team? O'Neal to Phoenix for Marion and Banks. Then look to SHIP Tinsley. If Granger and Dunleavy don't come around by mid season.....ship them both together for No. 1 draft picks. Foster and Murphy might get you Bynum!? Thats what you call rebuilding!!!
I really like Shawn Marion as a player, but I don't think trading for him would be a good idea. First off, you have to question his intelligence. He is in the PERFECT situation for him. He was born to run and gun with Steve Nash in the funnest system in the NBA and he wants to be traded? His ego has to be astronomical. Secondly, he is a player that relies almost exclusively on athleticism and he turns 30 this year. Sounds like his best years are probably behind him. JO wouldn't have minded being traded because he wanted to go to a team that would definitely be a contender, Marion wants to be traded so he could be the man on a team, regardless of the record.
If Granger and Dunleavy "don't come around"? Granger is still young and has shown flashes. Dunleavy doesn't have a lot of value right now. Regardless, getting draft picks doesn't always work out. I would rather have a couple proven NBA contributors than chance it on draft picks
Larry Bird is right, we aren't rebuilding and I don't think we need to. We're still a younger team, but we have the veterans that can and WILL lead this team to the playoffs. All you people who think we'll be a cellar dweller and be lucky to win 20 games are the crazy ones. We have talent, we're healthy now, we're as deep as ever and we seem to have the right coach in place. I'm actually excited for this Pacers season and I know I'm in the minority, but that's cool. I just hope everyone on this board is man enough to admit they were wrong when we get this thing turned around this year.
Adam

Bloomington, IN

#37 Oct 1, 2007
Jay wrote:
Whatshisname can't even show up for his trial ? That's a heck of a way to kick off a season. You couldn't pay me to go down to a Pacers game.
Good. If you don't even know enough to remember the players' names then they don't need you and your bandwagon friends.
Larry Legend

Erlanger, KY

#38 Oct 1, 2007
Chemistry... as in a meth lab.
colts recievers

Chicago, IL

#39 Oct 1, 2007
hey bandwagon fans,
the pacers are not goin to be good??? then go jump on another teams wagon who is projected to win it all and leave the bloggin to actual fans who like the pacers regardless of wins or losses. U guys are jokes if the pacers come out winning those people talkin trash will jump on the pacers fan club and act like they have always been there. If u dont like the Pacers now then dont come back when they start to win this season
Bill France

Erlanger, KY

#40 Oct 1, 2007
colts recievers wrote:
hey bandwagon fans,
the pacers are not goin to be good??? then go jump on another teams wagon who is projected to win it all and leave the bloggin to actual fans who like the pacers regardless of wins or losses. U guys are jokes if the pacers come out winning those people talkin trash will jump on the pacers fan club and act like they have always been there. If u dont like the Pacers now then dont come back when they start to win this season
HA! Thanks for the lecture Forest Gump. You must be smoking the same stuff Shawn Williams is. The Pacers aren't going to win this season or any time soon. That outhouse needs a good cleaning first.
sb champs

Chicago, IL

#41 Oct 1, 2007
Hey Bill France funny forest gump reference not really sure what that means but nice try. Maybe they should clean that outhouse first?????what are u talkin about. Do u even know anything about basketball? im not smokin anything I think that the pacers will win more games than last year. I am a fan and I will always be optimistic at the beginning of the season.
Get Down with Sartre

Milford, CT

#42 Oct 1, 2007
Simply not having Carlisle as a coach is a good first step. Carlisle was an overly controlling micromanager who burned out his teams every year.
Bill France

Erlanger, KY

#43 Oct 2, 2007
sb champs wrote:
Hey Bill France funny forest gump reference not really sure what that means but nice try. Maybe they should clean that outhouse first?????what are u talkin about. Do u even know anything about basketball? im not smokin anything I think that the pacers will win more games than last year. I am a fan and I will always be optimistic at the beginning of the season.
You're optomistic about the Pacers and you're asking me if I know anything about basketball? Keep smokin' brother, it'll ease your pain.
Imperial Lizard

Indianapolis, IN

#44 Oct 2, 2007
Absolutely Amazing. Paid millions to play a game, and all these bums can think about is strip joints, smoking dope and otherwise breaking the law. No license? Expired Plates? Not showing up in court? Illegal possession of firearms? The Pacers are losers, and the only chemistry is in the drugs they buy and use. What an inspiration to children????? No wonder kids are being killed almost every night. Good Job Pacers. Thanks to you, the Klan doesn't have to work so hard to eliminate black kids, they do it themselves.
disallusionedpac erfan

Saint Louis, MO

#45 Oct 2, 2007
Im notsure whos drinking Birds Koolaid but it sure isnt me. Adding role players is not the way out of this mess. Yes chemisrty is importent, but so is having talented players. What were missing and we have missed it for a while now is that one or two guys that can create their own shot. Jermaine is not and will never be that player. I think this team could compete perhaps in the European leaguea, the nbdl, and the WNBA.
Chilin

Duncan, OK

#46 Oct 2, 2007
Bird must be smoking the same weed Williams and his boys were smoking when the got caught...The Pacers will be the laughing stock of the NBA,not just the East..

I will not attend a game as long as Bird is there...He's a joke and so are the Pacers...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kareem Rush Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pacers catch break, cash in (Mar '08) Mar '08 McChubbin 70
News Marion's lift short-lived (Feb '08) Feb '08 jochet 15
News Knicks can't hold off Pacers in 103-100 loss (Feb '08) Feb '08 Pablo 3
News Big trouble awaits a slumping team (Feb '08) Feb '08 Sealionindy 49
News Home games are welcome but offer no assurances (Jan '08) Feb '08 Boston Celtics 28
News Pacers rally from 17-point deficit to beat Warr... (Jan '08) Jan '08 AVHS Dad 25
News Pacers lose forward Jermaine O'Neal for minimum... (Jan '08) Jan '08 Trying to hang in... 24
More from around the web