Riley's trade stokes the Heat

Full story: South Florida Sun-Sentinel

Less than 24 hours after an 0-7 conclusion to its preseason offered no answer about his team's perimeter void, coach Pat Riley reached into the Heat's past for a solution.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 15 of15
Seriously WTF

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2007

this is a stupid trade, although getting rid of garbage Walker was a good thing, these players aren't much better. We still need a backup power foward and a point gaurd which still hasn't been addressed. Shaq is not getting any younger.
stinky

Hialeah, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2007

Seriously WTF wrote:
this is a stupid trade, although getting rid of garbage Walker was a good thing, these players aren't much better. We still need a backup power foward and a point gaurd which still hasn't been addressed. Shaq is not getting any younger.
Another fool has spoken.
Tom Breeze

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2007

We are moving in the right direction.

Now we must look for a full time point guard.

Riley knows what he is doing, last year was not a good experience for the team.
BIG4YA

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2007

Seriously WTF & Hyperdude are idiots. getting rid of walker, a 3 string C, & a sickly PF for a starting SF that can get you 16p 4r & 4a per game and a backup center that has been a starter to replace Zo is robberyof the Heat part. You guys need to go follow soccer or something because you sure don't know basketball!
Briyando

Farmington, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2007

Hyperdude wrote:
Garbage in garbage out!
Wake up and trade or dump that lazyfatassinjurypronefreethrow missinSHAQ
The team still SUCKS!
All this transition is a smoke sreen.
Boston got "REAL" players, Top Notch,not schleps! I'd have some hope if we got one of those players,or Bibby,Artest,somebody that's a difference player for cryin out loud!
nobody needs to know what you think, man. i guess you're better of posting your opinions at the Boston Globe. link below, i'm sure everyone there shares the same vision as you do.
to quote the movie, Hot Fuzz "bug off!"

www.boston.com/news/globe/
Seminoleviking

Twinsburg, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2007

Great trade by Riley, Walker needed to go, getting Davis in a contract year is a great move.
heatup

Hialeah, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2007

hey hyperdude...get rid of shaq, I think you poop a little too close to the tent if you know what i mean..dummy..those guys in boston have ONE ring between all of them and its on a former heat player(posey) you jerkoff. with this trade, this offseason we got rid of 2-one demensional players and 1-fatass and got a defender=(posey) shooter=(kapono) and ballhandling playmaker=(walker)all in one player=(Davis)..not to mention we have 3 starting caliber centers now..wake me up, cause it feels like a dream.
jojh

Makati, Philippines

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2007

why not chris webber his still serviceble and can score more than pj brown
J Cole

San Josť, Costa Rica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2007

Riley is a freakin genius. Blount has never been as aggresive as he needs to be as a center around the basket. With Shaq and Zo we wont need him to be. We put him in the backup PF position to take up space on defence and utilize his mid-range shot on offence. Riley has added 2 nice pieces to the puzzle. I admit, I was worried we lost too much ground this offseason, but this instantly makes us contenders again!
DaBook

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2007

Let's see if the Boston moves results in a championship. Riles brought one here. End of story.
Marlo

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2007

the onle thing i get upset with Riley about is the fact probably in three years wayne simien may become a superstar and we are going to be saying to ourselves " not again"
dribbler

Old Lyme, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2007

this trade is gooooooood news for HEAT!
with UD/Blount PF position is shored up..when we need UD's skills..UD..when
we need height/scoring there..MB...
Ricky can play the 3 and the 2...he has
his downside, but a lot more upside.
none of the 3 we gave up could help us
now..whatever their past contributions.
I LOVE THIS TRADE!!!!(and I'm not a Riley fan most of the time)
Magic

Lincolnshire, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2007

Riley is freaking amazing.....Walker was a ghost....Doleac was decent but pure bench guy....
Just to make this happen is amazing, let alone actually them being here...
Davis is wild and crazy....but can play...Under Shaq/Riley.....Anything can happpen. I'm wondering when they are going to pull a 3 way for artest. I have a feeling its a matter of time.
HEATalltheway

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2007

Perfect trade, blount is a perfect compliment to shaq because he has a great mid range jump shot now im just waiting for 3 team trade so that we get artest.
ira-sucks

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2007

Still waiting for all the opinions but not a single member of the two faced Heat media will post the facts.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 15 of15
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Juwan Howard Discussions

Search the Juwan Howard Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Allen now 1 round away from a Miami ring (Jun '13) Jun '13 Jp Greener Tucson Arizona 1
Heat head to Indy for Game 6, looking for clincher (May '13) Jun '13 Ginobili 4
New Heat style wouldn't shock Wade (Aug '12) Aug '12 Ginobili 1
Chalmers, cramping and close-outs ... it's NBA ... (Jun '12) Jun '12 Go Blue 9
Juwan Howard nude (Nov '11) Nov '11 Gerda 1
Juwan Howard Jr. moves from WMU to Detroit Mercy (Oct '11) Oct '11 I hate Terre Haute 1
Charley Walters: Coach Leslie Frazier admits Vi... (Apr '11) Apr '11 ffrank 68
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••