Antoine Walker: Heat conditioning issue "got blown out of propo...

Former Heat forward Antoine Walker addressed the media for the first time since his Wednesday trade, when he was introduced Friday as the newest member of the Timberwolves at a practice session in Minneapolis. Full Story
Heat Fan in Dallas

Irving, TX

#1 Oct 26, 2007
First!
Heat Fan of the Year

AOL

#2 Oct 26, 2007
Good luck there chubby..
Laurence Leavy

AOL

#3 Oct 26, 2007
Riley/Walker conversation went something like this....

Antoine, I have some great news for you and some not so great news....

whatever you say Coach, you know I'm a dedicated team player.

OK, the great news for you is you no longer have to worry about your weight, you no longer have to worry about your conditioning, you no longer have to worry about having Shaq and D-Wade getting all the offensive plays, you no longer have to worry about playing time and playing behind Udonis and you no longer have to worry about my wrath when you run down the court and throw up and immediate air-ball with 20 seconds left on the shot clock, nor when you come back from South Beach at 7 am with a 11pm curfew the night before.

WOW Coach, that is GREAT! I am so grateful that you appreciate me, and have had so much patience with me. You are the best.

I thought you would be happy about all of that.
That's great Coach, but what is the bad news you were talking about???
I have shipped your lazy, stupid ass to the frozen tundra in Minnesota, where in December, January and February you can go chase hibernating polar bears rather than the hot drunk chicks on South Beach, you can use your 20 pounds of excess weight to support your fat hibernating ass on the BENCH in Minnesota, where they are on a youth movement, you will get minimal playing minutes, be unable to kick in any of the bonus conditions in your contract and will soon be selling your championship ring on eBay. And to make you really happy, I wanted to remind you that the best steak in town is at Sizzler, not Prime 112, the best seafood in town is at Red Lobster, and not The Forge, the local liquor licenses end at 2 am, a night out on the town with the boys is bowling with a Bud Light, not Crystal Champagne, and dancing is country line dancing, not with naked strippers at Solid Gold, the women are always bundled up in warm clothes to avoid the frigid cold, and average in size like fat, pregnant walrus. Enjoy Minnesota. Goodbye and Good Luck.
Ron

West Palm Beach, FL

#6 Oct 26, 2007
Honestly, he's always been a professional regardless of his shape. Look how he answered the questions regarding the Heat and Coach Riley.
godfrey

Warner Robins, GA

#7 Oct 26, 2007
Thanks walker for being professional
Football Fan

Jefferson, MA

#8 Oct 26, 2007
Bye--bye....
HeatFan4Life

Hollywood, FL

#9 Oct 26, 2007
Boy did Walker take the scripted "high road" with that one...
Cashed out and left

Cincinnati, OH

#10 Oct 26, 2007
Ron wrote:
Honestly, he's always been a professional regardless of his shape. Look how he answered the questions regarding the Heat and Coach Riley.
Yep...I agree
Jose

United States

#11 Oct 26, 2007
Heat Fan of the Year wrote:
Good luck there chubby..
Very nice observaton. We need some clean fun once in a while and you did it.
More Heat

Kingston, Jamaica

#12 Oct 26, 2007
As much as I wanted Walker gone; I have to give him his due. Without his contribution we would never have won a championship.Thank god he decided to play his best basketball during that run.All the other times, however, he made you pull out your hair with his poor play.I wish him well and hope he learns to make lay ups and cuts the three pointer from his game unless the clock is under three seconds.
Ira-sucks

Plympton, MA

#13 Oct 26, 2007
He should have told the truth. %%%%tards like Ira make this place a horrible place to play
Ira-sucks

Plympton, MA

#14 Oct 26, 2007
When is Miami going to introduce the franchise ruin-er brothers.lol
No wonder so many people hate the NBA.
KazHoshay

Kew Gardens, NY

#15 Oct 27, 2007
Walker showed he is a class guy, he may not be all that you want in a player, but he shows that he is much classier than those who chose to be crictical of his every move.
I wish him well.

“Wasilla Moose Chick for Sale”

Since: Aug 07

Definitely Not Wasilla

#16 Oct 27, 2007
The fat tippy toer was absolutely ridiculous boucing balls off his legs, chest and head, out of bounds and an absolute playground style the likes of which, I am sure, Riley has been probably wanting to unload for a long time. A long time ago was an OK player, particularly in college, but in the pros you can find guys like him (that dribble the ball into the lane and lose it or throw a blindfolded brick) a dime a dozen.

The Heat already have their mega fat man, their baby poochie koochie Shaq who only plays during the playoffs and one of the few player, perhaps the only one, lazy enough and miscalculating enough, that he thinks his free throw problems are not a problem.

“I'm 4 Pac Meaning I'm for Pac”

Since: Apr 07

Ft. Lauderdale, FL

#17 Oct 29, 2007
Fair Hooker wrote:
The fat tippy toer was absolutely ridiculous boucing balls off his legs, chest and head, out of bounds and an absolute playground style the likes of which, I am sure, Riley has been probably wanting to unload for a long time. A long time ago was an OK player, particularly in college, but in the pros you can find guys like him (that dribble the ball into the lane and lose it or throw a blindfolded brick) a dime a dozen.
The Heat already have their mega fat man, their baby poochie koochie Shaq who only plays during the playoffs and one of the few player, perhaps the only one, lazy enough and miscalculating enough, that he thinks his free throw problems are not a problem.
I ain't never met a hooker who was fair. Stop lying...

“I'm 4 Pac Meaning I'm for Pac”

Since: Apr 07

Ft. Lauderdale, FL

#18 Oct 29, 2007
Antoine Walker will be an all-star this season. I gurantee it. His toes are stronger then ever. He can tippy toe higher and with alot more grace than he did in '06. Riles is going to regret this move. I gurantee that as well..

“Wasilla Moose Chick for Sale”

Since: Aug 07

Definitely Not Wasilla

#19 Oct 30, 2007
4 Pac wrote:
<quoted text>I ain't never met a hooker who was fair. Stop lying...
Your picture looks like a cross between Osama and Kobe Bryant.
Why don't you stop flirting and make a fair and honest woman out of me!
I hope Antoine makes something of himself better than what he was doing here and that would prove my theory that Riles gets little out of your average NBA player unless he has a couple of mega stars who control everything. Having two fat babies like that in one team (Shaq & Antoine) slowing down the game to half court sumo wrestling is a bit too much.

Unless Wade comes back as a superman this could be a real bad team.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Juwan Howard Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Allen now 1 round away from a Miami ring (Jun '13) Jun '13 Jp Greener Tucson... 1
Heat head to Indy for Game 6, looking for clincher (May '13) Jun '13 Ginobili 4
New Heat style wouldn't shock Wade (Aug '12) Aug '12 Ginobili 1
Chalmers, cramping and close-outs ... it's NBA ... (Jun '12) Jun '12 Go Blue 9
Juwan Howard nude (Nov '11) Nov '11 Gerda 1
Juwan Howard Jr. moves from WMU to Detroit Mercy (Oct '11) Oct '11 I hate Terre Haute 1
Charley Walters: Coach Leslie Frazier admits Vi... (Apr '11) Apr '11 ffrank 68

Juwan Howard People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE