Mourning tears knee tendon, could be ...

Mourning tears knee tendon, could be sidelined three months

There are 25 comments on the South Florida Sun-Sentinel story from Dec 19, 2007, titled Mourning tears knee tendon, could be sidelined three months. In it, South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that:

Heat center Alonzo Mourning left Wednesday's game against the Atlantic Hawks in the first quarter with a torn patella tendon in his right knee.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Heat

New York, NY

#22 Dec 20, 2007
Game 6 of the NBA Finals sealed what Zo really is...... To me that performance will live on for ever. Zo.... your still a beast, the biggest heart I have ever seen in Pro Sports, and if that was your last game..... you had a heck, I MEAN a heck of a career, you dont have a reason to hang your head just like Magic told you!!! So Thank you for the awesome job, awesome determination, will, heart you bought every night to the court. GAME 6 WILL LIVE FOREVER!
laker fan

Edmonton, Canada

#23 Dec 20, 2007
shaq was pissed off at the refs because now he has to work overtime with zo out for the rest of the season....damn their goes his meal ticket, now you will see riley and shaq up on each other again but this time it could be much worse.....zo was the real glue to this team not wade. zo is a true champion for what he has endured not only in his nba life but in the real world like most of us...he has carried this team through thick and thin, and tho i am not heat fan who cannot be marvelled by his character. his last nba game was played with magic administering the eulogy....good luck zo!
OH NO NOT THAT

Orlando, FL

#24 Dec 20, 2007
Alonzo Mourning should have been the first number retired in the history of the Heat.

There is no way Michael Jordan's number should be hanging from the rafters of the AAA.
Bamberg

N├╝rnberg, Germany

#25 Dec 20, 2007
So hard to see Zo goin down like this, makin me really sad, i love him as a basketball player and a person, he brought a lot of emotions into the game and he was always playin 100% every night again and again, thanks for the good memories!U are a good example how a lot of these athlets should be!
Brooklyn Dave

Sharon, CT

#26 Dec 20, 2007
As a Knick Fan, I hated and loved Zo.
He always and I mean ALWAYS gave 200% every game.
He made Ewing look mortal and at the height of the Heat - Knick rivalry Zo was the HEART and SOUL of the Miami Heat. Alonzo showed the true depth of his heart after the kidney problems by making a Herculean effort to come back to the NBA and I have been his fan ever since.
What a warrior.
Seeing him win the championship and the way he played in that 6th game.
I want to say, please come back if you can Zo. Play the game you love as long as you can.
One of the truly great ballers in the history of the NBA.
Thanks for the memories Zo.

BD

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Josh Smith Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News NBA Free Agency: What's Next For Miller + Rondo... (Jul '13) Aug '13 johnny 2
News NBA Trade Rumors: Boston Celtics Offering Jeff ... (Feb '13) Feb '13 tools 1
News NBA Rumors: Los Angeles Lakers looking to trade... (Aug '12) Sep '12 Ginobili 56
News NBA Rumors: Hawks deal Josh Smith to Lakers for... (Jul '12) Jul '12 jimmy 7
News NBA Rumors: Josh Smith Linked to Los Angeles La... (Jun '12) Jul '12 Ginobili 3
News Magic After Josh Smith (Jun '12) Jun '12 Dan 1
News NBA Trade Rumors: Will Josh Smith Be a LA Laker... (May '11) Jun '11 MarkL5 6
More from around the web