Mourning tears knee tendon, could be sidelined three months

Heat center Alonzo Mourning left Wednesday's game against the Atlantic Hawks in the first quarter with a torn patella tendon in his right knee. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
The UGLY TRUTH

United States

#1 Dec 19, 2007
Zo, Thanks for the good memories.
Pete

Downingtown, PA

#2 Dec 19, 2007
What a blow! Very sad to see Zo's career end this way. I would love to see him in a prominent role w/in the organization. Love you, Zo! Thanks for lining up for battle every night, going all out & always handling yourself w/ class & dignity. You were a warrior & a credit to your profession. You will be missed. I hope to see #33 up in those rafters someday soon.
Go Gators

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#3 Dec 19, 2007
If Shaq only played w/ Zo's heart!
Harry

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#4 Dec 19, 2007
Dear Zo,

It pained me greatly to see you on the floor in pain. I wish you a speedy recovery and I sincerely hope to see you again with the team. Best regards to you and your family.
kenny g

Seoul, Korea

#5 Dec 19, 2007
One of the greatest players in the history of this game...and certainly one of the best individual and a warrior that NBA has seen. Don't be too sad about it. Your career was rich and full...and overflowing. it was a blast to see you play...every moment of it. You would be welcomed if you wanted to extend your career..but it would be just as great to see you pursue your excellece in other areas of your life as well. Take care. Mourning! We salute you!!!
dennis

Tustin, CA

#6 Dec 19, 2007
at least u got ur ring, zo! there lots of nba greats who retired without getting a ring! now wait for ur jersey to be raised in aa!
dennis

Tustin, CA

#7 Dec 19, 2007
shaq is lazy now coz he has 4 rings already. he doesnt have to prove himself. hes just playing to complete his 100m contract
Hec

Boynton Beach, FL

#8 Dec 19, 2007
Much love and best of luck to Zo, if he decides to return to basketball or not. He's done so, so much for South Florida.
deadendangel

Chicago, IL

#9 Dec 19, 2007
Alonzo, you are the greatest! So sorry to see you in pain. My best wishes to you and your family. Know that you are in my thoughts and congratulations on a wonderful career.
Leo Las Vegas NV

Las Vegas, NV

#10 Dec 19, 2007
I meet Alonzo at the Mandalay Bay hotel in Las Vegas over the summer. He is truly a great guy and I loved watching his intensity on the floor. But just like every good story it has to come to an end. So I want to thank you Zo for you did for Miami.
williams46

Calamba, Philippines

#12 Dec 19, 2007
This could be a blessing for him, sparing his body from further punishment. We love you Zo. I wish you the best of luck. Goodbye.
PghNative

United States

#13 Dec 19, 2007
Go Gators wrote:
If Shaq only played w/ Zo's heart!
How True!
Thanks Zo!
Your Aesome!
Best of luck to you.
orlandoheater

United States

#14 Dec 19, 2007
Zo;
Thanks for the heart and hustle, courage. You are Miami Heat basketball. Keep your faith in God and continue to be a positive role model for the young Afro-American youth of MIA.
Your Brother in
The Lord!!!
JTL

United States

#15 Dec 19, 2007
Thanks for the memories ZO, we will miss you!!
todd

Pompano Beach, FL

#16 Dec 19, 2007
Mourning is a warrior - it's a shame to see his carrer end like this. At least he got his ring.
Alonzo - you are The Man. Thank you for your time spent on this team and all you do for this community.
d klump 305

United States

#17 Dec 19, 2007
HEAT-NATION REPORT/ GOD BLESS ALONZO MOURNING: a roll model, a apex predater, a man among boys, the person that brought me a intrest in the game that has now turned into a love for the sport. i resenated with his competitive play and im a better person becouse he was a example of never quit resolve
Matt

Fairport, NY

#18 Dec 20, 2007
Zo's knee doesn't hurt as much as the though of having Earl Barron as our backup center.
RickyBlaque

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#19 Dec 20, 2007
I was impressed by the way Magic Johnson still comes out to support Pat Riley and the Heat. He is a genuine person. He really showed concern for Zo. Magic and the Lakers in general always had a great relationship with the Heat. Riley still has his former Laker assistant coach, Randy Pfund at his side and Bob Macadoo was a great reserve on the Showtime Lakers. It's really a shame in my opinion that a lot of Heat fans have such animosity toward the Lakers because of Shaq. I think he will be a ship pasing in the night while Zo will always epitomize the Heat's legacy in the NBA. I fear that we have have seen the last of Alonzo Mourning in a Heat uniform. For that I am truly sad.
love ya man

New York, NY

#20 Dec 20, 2007
Zo...you are the one and only Mr Heat and always will be.
laker fan

Edmonton, Canada

#21 Dec 20, 2007
shaq was pissed off at the refs because now he has to work overtime with zo out for the rest of the season....damn their goes his meal ticket, now you will see riley and shaq up on each other again but this time it could be much worse.....zo was the real glue to this team not wade.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Josh Smith Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
NBA Free Agency: What's Next For Miller + Rondo... (Jul '13) Aug '13 johnny 2
NBA Trade Rumors: Boston Celtics Offering Jeff ... (Feb '13) Feb '13 tools 1
NBA Rumors: Los Angeles Lakers looking to trade... (Aug '12) Sep '12 Ginobili 56
NBA Rumors: Hawks deal Josh Smith to Lakers for... (Jul '12) Jul '12 jimmy 7
NBA Rumors: Josh Smith Linked to Los Angeles La... (Jun '12) Jul '12 Ginobili 3
Magic After Josh Smith (Jun '12) Jun '12 Dan 1
NBA Trade Rumors: Will Josh Smith Be a LA Laker... (May '11) Jun '11 MarkL5 6

Josh Smith People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE