Worked a year for this day; Wade says Hawks will pay

Full story: South Florida Sun-Sentinel

Late Friday evening, inside AmericanAirlines Arena, streams of happy people were celebrating the step to Game 7 when Dwyane Wade emerged from the Heat locker room.
Comments
1 - 20 of 33 Comments Last updated May 3, 2009
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Hyperdude

United States

#1 May 3, 2009
Things haven't changed Wade is still getting beat up only with different players. 2007 they put him in a wheelchair as i predicted.
The need at least one player that can take over a game and differ some attention away from Wade or his future will be short.
"these athletic supporters" need to pull thier bootstraps up and reek havoc in game 7. Will or can they do it? You'll see who the winners and losers are in game 7.
Even though Haslem has been a great team guy they need to replace him for a bigger more talented guy. He's a liability as an offensive player. O'neal stepped up his game but atlanta has countered his success with a defense in game 5.
With O'neal out wade again will be the focus and unless a couple of miami teamates get hot as to draw the defense away from wade they will lose game 7.
B-boys

Seoul, Korea

#2 May 3, 2009
I love this little guy's determination, focus, and resolve. He has that burning hunger for championship. He is much like Jordan in that regard, and the way he can back up his determination with the finishing shot. That is the difference between a loser and a winner and also the difference between Wade and Beasley at this point. And that is the reason why Beasley on the wrong side of Wade. it is frustrating for Wade to try to instill that into a happy go lucky rookie. You can say that Beasley's fun-loving attitude can lighten up the heavy atmosphere. But, that's not Wade. Wade wants the team to be totally focus on the task at hand. The last game, Beasley finally showed some of that. Hopefully, that will be the turning point for him. Is he going to be another Jermaine Oneal, Tracy Mcgrady, Ricky Davis, Steve Nash, tStouddemire, the kind of guys that gets good numbers, but doesn't have to resolve to take the team to anywhere in the playoffs and never have? Or is he going to be the next great forward like Bird, Mchale, Rasheed Wallace who had the resolve and focus to get it done in the playoffs. On a side note, the team was much better without the 23 million dollar center who gets 1 or 2 rebounds on a bad night and 5 or 6 rebounds on a good night and have trouble getting back on defense. The team was much better defensively with Joel Anthony at center and Marion at small forward. Since that trade, the Heat has two holes, center and small forward. Before the trade, they had a little hole at center on offense. But, Anthony and Magiore are much better combo than Oneal for this particular team. Wade is the BIW.
B-boys

Seoul, Korea

#3 May 3, 2009
Hyperdude wrote:
Things haven't changed Wade is still getting beat up only with different players. 2007 they put him in a wheelchair as i predicted.
The need at least one player that can take over a game and differ some attention away from Wade or his future will be short.
"these athletic supporters" need to pull thier bootstraps up and reek havoc in game 7. Will or can they do it? You'll see who the winners and losers are in game 7.
Even though Haslem has been a great team guy they need to replace him for a bigger more talented guy. He's a liability as an offensive player. O'neal stepped up his game but atlanta has countered his success with a defense in game 5.
With O'neal out wade again will be the focus and unless a couple of miami teamates get hot as to draw the defense away from wade they will lose game 7.
It is true that Heat is stocked with small and non-athletic guys (possibly the worst in the league). However, hawks are not good enough to beat Wade. If there is one guy that can beat a team in a last few minutes, it's Wade. Heat just has to keep it close.
History Repeats Itself

Pompano Beach, FL

#4 May 3, 2009
B-boys wrote:
<quoted text>
It is true that Heat is stocked with small and non-athletic guys (possibly the worst in the league). However, hawks are not good enough to beat Wade. If there is one guy that can beat a team in a last few minutes, it's Wade. Heat just has to keep it close.
Keep it close?

Game 1: Lost by 26
Game 4: Lost by 10
Game 5: Lost by 15
Game 7:?
Dr Jack

Hialeah, FL

#5 May 3, 2009
Both these teams stink. I can't believe they're battling for the right to get beaten 4-0 by the Cavs. Stern should exercise the seldom used steamy butt nugget rule sending both these turds home and advancing Le'bro and the Cavs to the conference finals.
Hussian

Vero Beach, FL

#6 May 3, 2009
WHO FREAKING CARES

BASKETBALL IS A JOKEE

How does this make the front page?
People

Hollywood, FL

#7 May 3, 2009
Hussian wrote:
WHO FREAKING CARES
BASKETBALL IS A JOKEE
How does this make the front page?
Why you read it?
iiiFiiiiUiiiii

North Webster, IN

#8 May 3, 2009
i'm glad this gets the front page treatment that it deserves.
there is nothing more important than this story. nothing.
if someone thinks the pig flu is important, that just shows they don't have their priorities straight.
genie-us

North Miami Beach, FL

#9 May 3, 2009
B-boys u r right about when we had the 2 centers before JO we just lacked some offense there, but remember that Spo screwed it up (as usual) by still playing Haslem some at C. also the trade was good because we got a "poor man's Marion" in Moon (too bad he got hurt)and marion wasn't fitting that well, so we didn't give up a lot there. most importantly, we got a 1st draft choice, a $4m exception, and dumped Banks. we will see the benefits of those next year.
genie-us

North Miami Beach, FL

#10 May 3, 2009
Dr. Jack i disagree. the Hawks have no shot at the Cavs, but the Heat do. and they have one guy who can guard LeBron as well as anyone can, if Spo would only open his eyes and see him: Dorell Wright. the Heat played pretty well v Cavs this year.they can win 2 games. no way the Cavs blow us out in 4 if Dorell guards LeBron.
B-boys

Seoul, Korea

#11 May 3, 2009
genie-us wrote:
B-boys u r right about when we had the 2 centers before JO we just lacked some offense there, but remember that Spo screwed it up (as usual) by still playing Haslem some at C. also the trade was good because we got a "poor man's Marion" in Moon (too bad he got hurt)and marion wasn't fitting that well, so we didn't give up a lot there.
most importantly, we got a 1st draft choice, a $4m exception, and dumped Banks. we will see the benefits of those next year.
Marion wasn't putting up 20/10 but he was still good for 15 and 10 which is much better than JO and was a monster on defense also...the offense and the defense clicked a lot better with marion than JO. And the money saved on Banks isn't even 20 % of what Oneal will make next year. The only thing we gained was the draft pick, but that came at a heavy cost.
Stripbar Joe

Hollywood, FL

#12 May 3, 2009
Good for Wade but are his teammates going to show up? This has been the worst playoff series in any sport that I have ever seen.
Joe

AOL

#13 May 3, 2009
and now your playing like dogsh**t dwyane. why is each team blown out by 25 points every other game? at least make it entertaining. its crazy how each team goes from making every basket they shoot to missing every basket they shoot.
Ted

Pompano Beach, FL

#14 May 3, 2009
has anyone noticed that as s beating we are getting?
naugle

West Palm Beach, FL

#15 May 3, 2009
tought talk is only that, down by 13 at the half
Biff

Hialeah, FL

#16 May 3, 2009
Miami's playing this one to perfection. Horrible team play, sorry defense and no threat to win, move on and face the Cavs. Way to go ladies.

Since: Apr 09

Newport News, VA

#17 May 3, 2009
History Repeats Itself wrote:
<quoted text>
Keep it close?
Game 1: Lost by 26
Game 4: Lost by 10
Game 5: Lost by 15
Game 7:?
win by 2
kenny dolfancane

United States

#18 May 3, 2009
Chalmers was timid when it came to Game 7. too much reliance on Wade. Need to get a true center. Also someone with some offensive firepower to help rookies and Wade. Keep Haslem!
Indy

United States

#19 May 3, 2009
I love the Heat so much, but wow - they looked out of it today. It was disappointing to say the least.

Maybe they should have thrown a jersey on Zo (he was there)- he probably could have done better. I miss him.

The Heat were very good to my son on his birthday a couple of years ago, and for that I will always be grateful.
DrJ

Miami, FL

#20 May 3, 2009
In game 7, Heat had few decent open looks at the 3 pt line while Hawks had time to square up and knock em down.
Thats what happen when Jones, Beasley, Cook, and sometimes Wade get beat off the dribble.
Meanwhile, Wade the driver never kicked it out to safety valve options-Jones & Cook at Wade's vacancy pt.
Next year, need Bosh to turn things around.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Josh Smith Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
NBA Free Agency: What's Next For Miller + Rondo... (Jul '13) Aug '13 johnny 2
NBA Trade Rumors: Boston Celtics Offering Jeff ... (Feb '13) Feb '13 tools 1
NBA Rumors: Los Angeles Lakers looking to trade... (Aug '12) Sep '12 Ginobili 56
NBA Rumors: Hawks deal Josh Smith to Lakers for... (Jul '12) Jul '12 jimmy 7
NBA Rumors: Josh Smith Linked to Los Angeles La... (Jun '12) Jul '12 Ginobili 3
Magic After Josh Smith (Jun '12) Jun '12 Dan 1
NBA Trade Rumors: Will Josh Smith Be a LA Laker... (May '11) Jun '11 MarkL5 6
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Josh Smith People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••