KRIKORIAN: Phil is terse; L.A. win is taut

Full story: Long Beach Press-Telegram

Just can't wait to hear his cockily curt replies. 4:46: After Ramona Shelburne asks a couple of questions and after Phil Jackson gives his usually terse replies, no one else decides to interrogate the Lakers' smug coach, who gets up and ambles out of shortest press conference of NBA season.
Comments
1 - 9 of 9 Comments Last updated May 21, 2009
Rambling Doug

Chino Hills, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
May 20, 2009
 
Doug, How about some game insight. We can watch SportsCenter and get the play by play. Borrrrrrring.
Gary Pierce

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
May 20, 2009
 
Once again we get these boring time line coloums. Show a little effort Doug. 8:50 bryant is fouled hits two free throws ,wow fascinating!
Gary Pierce

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
May 20, 2009
 
I saw spike lee sitting court side cheering on the Lakers, thats weird, i always thought old Spike was a knick fan, hey spike you don't get to cheer for the lakers, we don't want you on the laker wagon, Go away! Let me guess,you also like the pats,red wings,yankees,red sox,celtics,who ever is winning at the time. Pick a team and stay with that team!
Water Boy

Stanton, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
May 20, 2009
 
Gary Pierce wrote:
I saw spike lee sitting court side cheering on the Lakers, thats weird, i always thought old Spike was a knick fan, hey spike you don't get to cheer for the lakers, we don't want you on the laker wagon, Go away! Let me guess,you also like the pats,red wings,yankees,red sox,celtics,who ever is winning at the time. Pick a team and stay with that team!
He cheered jordan on as well even nick named him Money. All the while being a knick Fan. Besides, hes a millionaire with 1 of 4 teams to watch in the playoffs.None of which are his Beloved Knicks. May as well as watch it Live no?

Its no surprise that not only Spike would root for him but the knicks as well. Just like when the knick Fans chanted MVP,MVP for Kobe in MSG. They want kobe in NY, they wanted MJ and now Lebron....and why wouldnt you?
Gary Pierce

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
May 20, 2009
 

Judged:

1

Water Boy wrote:
<quoted text>
He cheered jordan on as well even nick named him Money. All the while being a knick Fan. Besides, hes a millionaire with 1 of 4 teams to watch in the playoffs.None of which are his Beloved Knicks. May as well as watch it Live no?
Its no surprise that not only Spike would root for him but the knicks as well. Just like when the knick Fans chanted MVP,MVP for Kobe in MSG. They want kobe in NY, they wanted MJ and now Lebron....and why wouldnt you?
I was born in L.A county,so in 1966 i chose to cheer for the lakers, Dodgers , Rams, Kings in 1967, so my point is pick a team and stick with it. so no i don't agree with you!
Bill Walton

Thousand Oaks, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
May 20, 2009
 
Gary Pierce wrote:
<quoted text>
I was born in L.A county,so in 1966 i chose to cheer for the lakers, Dodgers , Rams, Kings in 1967, so my point is pick a team and stick with it. so no i don't agree with you!
More deep thinking from one of the great minds of our time, or at least in his mom's basement.
Water Boy

Stanton, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
May 20, 2009
 
Gary Pierce wrote:
<quoted text>
I was born in L.A county,so in 1966 i chose to cheer for the lakers, Dodgers , Rams, Kings in 1967, so my point is pick a team and stick with it. so no i don't agree with you!
Agree with me in what? Spike is not a Laker Fan.
He's simply an admirer. Jordan had many and I was one of them yet Ive been a laker Fan my entire Life. Its a chance to see a Great Player in action,arguably the best so why not? Plus, Spike did do a Piece on kobe which was recently aired on ESPN. It would have been a different story had spike sported a Laker Hat! Whoooo!

Gary Pierce

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
May 21, 2009
 
Bill Walton wrote:
<quoted text>More deep thinking from one of the great minds of our time, or at least in his mom's basement.
Thanks, Bill,er K.L.
Sammy

Toronto, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
May 21, 2009
 
Gary Pierce wrote:
<quoted text>
I was born in L.A county,so in 1966 i chose to cheer for the lakers, Dodgers , Rams, Kings in 1967, so my point is pick a team and stick with it. so no i don't agree with you!
You mean you wern't a California golden seal fan. Those white skates were hilarious.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Josh Powell Discussions

Search the Josh Powell Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Hawksa Forward Josh Powell Gets Arrested (Mar '11) Mar '11 Ho Lee Schitt 1
Atlanta Hawks able to contain Minnesota Timberw... (Nov '10) Nov '10 jmndodge 1
Happy homecoming for Barnes (Jul '10) Aug '10 GKC 15
NBA Free Agency 2010: The Word in Laker Land Is... (Jul '10) Jul '10 nap-pay 1
Lakers' Josh Powell close to signing with the A... (Jul '10) Jul '10 HAWK8 1
NBA Needs a Dream Team To Defeat the Lakers (Jul '10) Jul '10 know all see all 1
Injury to Lakers' Bynum leads to lineup shuffle (Mar '10) Jun '10 LakerFan 8
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••