Mbenga's road to the NBA unlike any o...

Mbenga's road to the NBA unlike any other

There are 2 comments on the Daily Breeze story from Mar 18, 2009, titled Mbenga's road to the NBA unlike any other. In it, Daily Breeze reports that:

Kobe Bryant just calls him "Congo." Pau Gasol thinks he's funny, but isn't sure what else to think of him.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Daily Breeze.

Michael B

Rosemead, CA

#1 Mar 27, 2009
Glad to see DJ Mbenga get more playing time and be put in a position where his 7 foot body can be put to good use. He can shoot a 15 footer, he can dunk, he sets screens, and he blocks shots. Over the last few months he's had more playing time and he's now proving to be at least as good as Kwame Brown and Chris Mihm were for the Lakers.

So, even if Bynum is slow to return as the playoffs start, at least DJ Mbenga can give Gasol some rest while providing some defense for the team. He's a work in progress and the work is paying off.

Since: Apr 08

Los Angeles, California

#2 Mar 27, 2009
Not sure how much 3 minutes in 3 months provides, but I'm always glad to see Mbenga on the court because he provides great inside presence and rebounding abilities. But Powell will probably eat up Mbenga's time.

I like the part of the story about Mbenga helping out 60 kids in his native land. And, oh yes, he has a black belt. Yikes.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Josh Powell Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Hawksa Forward Josh Powell Gets Arrested (Mar '11) Mar '11 Ho Lee Schitt 1
News Atlanta Hawks able to contain Minnesota Timberw... (Nov '10) Nov '10 jmndodge 1
News Happy homecoming for Barnes (Jul '10) Aug '10 GKC 15
News NBA Free Agency 2010: The Word in Laker Land Is... (Jul '10) Jul '10 nap-pay 1
News Lakers' Josh Powell close to signing with the A... (Jul '10) Jul '10 HAWK8 1
News NBA Needs a Dream Team To Defeat the Lakers (Jul '10) Jul '10 know all see all 1
News Injury to Lakers' Bynum leads to lineup shuffle (Mar '10) Jun '10 LakerFan 8