Former Laker George negotiating with Mavs

There are 2 comments on the Dallas Morning News story from Jul 24, 2006, titled Former Laker George negotiating with Mavs. In it, Dallas Morning News reports that:

The Mavericks are working on details of a contract that will lock up former Los Angeles Laker Devean George.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Dallas Morning News.

Sunny Nandwani

Stanhope, NJ

#1 Jul 27, 2006
George is still a good player to have on your bench, he can defense, take care of the boards and a reliable three point shooter,like how he proved himself in the laker-sun series where he hit back to back shoots,i think the lakers should keep him for a mere 1.2 miliion
Lakers1

San Pedro, CA

#2 Jul 27, 2006
i think george is still young and has ALOT of potential. His consistency is questionable of course, his ability to stay healthy. Bench players should be visiting the DL as often as he did with the Lakers. He's fragile. But for 1.2M, it might be a good idea to keep him. Of course, he was absolutely overpriced. I think he was making like 6M/year and that was just awful.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Josh Powell Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Hawksa Forward Josh Powell Gets Arrested (Mar '11) Mar '11 Ho Lee Schitt 1
News Atlanta Hawks able to contain Minnesota Timberw... (Nov '10) Nov '10 jmndodge 1
News Happy homecoming for Barnes (Jul '10) Aug '10 GKC 15
News NBA Free Agency 2010: The Word in Laker Land Is... (Jul '10) Jul '10 nap-pay 1
News Lakers' Josh Powell close to signing with the A... (Jul '10) Jul '10 HAWK8 1
News NBA Needs a Dream Team To Defeat the Lakers (Jul '10) Jul '10 know all see all 1
News Injury to Lakers' Bynum leads to lineup shuffle (Mar '10) Jun '10 LakerFan 8
More from around the web