Lakers run away from Suns

Lakers run away from Suns

There are 10 comments on the Inland Valley Daily Bulletin story from Nov 13, 2009, titled Lakers run away from Suns. In it, Inland Valley Daily Bulletin reports that:

So, if there really are no big games in November, as Hall of Fame coach Phil Jackson suggested the other day, then exactly what was Thursday night's contest between the Lakers and the Phoenix Suns at Staples Center? Well, for starters, it was a compelling matchup of two of the best teams in the NBA that turned one-sided quickly in the third ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Inland Valley Daily Bulletin.

SAW

Upland, CA

#1 Nov 13, 2009
I couldn't watch this game. All those squeaky shoes were too much of a distraction.
SAW

Diamond Bar, CA

#2 Nov 13, 2009
I loved the game, but I did not make the comments in Post #1. The imposter is being reported to Topix.
Krishawn

Frostburg, MD

#3 Nov 23, 2009
This was a ref's game all the way. too many ad calls against the Suns and not any on the Lakers. Lakers have too much favoritism out there.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Water Boy

Fullerton, CA

#4 Nov 23, 2009
Krishawn wrote:
This was a ref's game all the way. too many ad calls against the Suns and not any on the Lakers. Lakers have too much favoritism out there.
Here we go LOL....You forgot to say "their shoelaces were untied" & "The sun was in their eyes"....

But just the same, if you are truly convinced of this favoritism business, it probably wouldnt be 2 smart on your part to continue watching the NBA holding on to this knowledge. Right?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Nov 09

Greensboro, NC

#5 Nov 23, 2009
Water Boy wrote:
<quoted text>
Here we go LOL....You forgot to say "their shoelaces were untied" & "The sun was in their eyes"....
But just the same, if you are truly convinced of this favoritism business, it probably wouldnt be 2 smart on your part to continue watching the NBA holding on to this knowledge. Right?
yea Kobe sucks the refs pee-pee too much before games. Refs treat Kobe like he's a child or one of their wives.
he get calls, and refs let him go when he commits fouls.
have you guys noticed how the media tried justify kobe 20 point (around 30% FG) games by saying that he injured his groin?
sad...media and refs want him to be MJ's level by bullshitting and calling faggy calls, respectively, to increase NBA's ratings
Sammy

Hamilton, Canada

#6 Nov 23, 2009
Bronnie4MVP wrote:
<quoted text>
yea Kobe sucks the refs pee-pee too much before games. Refs treat Kobe like he's a child or one of their wives.
have you guys noticed how the media tried justify kobe 20 point (around 30% FG) games by saying that he injured his groin?
sad...media and refs want him to be MJ's level by bullshitting and calling faggy calls, respectively, to increase NBA's ratings
Yet you still watch Kobe. Sounds hypocrital to me.
Water Boy

Fullerton, CA

#7 Nov 24, 2009
Bronnie4MVP wrote:
<quoted text>
That doesnt make sense. MJ got MORE calls than Kobe EVER has He also be-friended those Refs and spoke to them, Joking around or as you said "sucking the refs pee pee" prior to each game.

Magic Johnson once said while taking a picture with Larry Bird and Michael Jordan, that he didn't want to stand too close to Mike because it was a foul...they all laughed but there was some truth behind that "joke" which is why it was bought up.

I remember when MJ said "It doesnt help you any to have beef with the refs" <smile>

What do you think he meant by that?

Look, Superstars are going to get calls, nothing new there, but for you to attempt to bring Kobe down and use MJ as a comparison in this matter is a joke.

Checkpoint Charlie

Del Mar, CA

#8 Nov 24, 2009
Bronnie4MVP wrote:
<quoted text>
I think if you look at the games, Kobe DOESN'T get calls that are obvious...That being said, he should shrug it off and play instead of looking like a crybaby. I'm a Kobe and Lakers fan, just reporting what I see.
Turkische

Anaheim, CA

#9 Nov 24, 2009
lakers best clob ever 15 champion no joke

Since: Nov 09

Greensboro, NC

#10 Nov 26, 2009
Water Boy wrote:
<quoted text>
That doesnt make sense. MJ got MORE calls than Kobe EVER has He also be-friended those Refs and spoke to them, Joking around or as you said "sucking the refs pee pee" prior to each game.
Magic Johnson once said while taking a picture with Larry Bird and Michael Jordan, that he didn't want to stand too close to Mike because it was a foul...they all laughed but there was some truth behind that "joke" which is why it was bought up.
I remember when MJ said "It doesnt help you any to have beef with the refs" <smile>
What do you think he meant by that?
Look, Superstars are going to get calls, nothing new there, but for you to attempt to bring Kobe down and use MJ as a comparison in this matter is a joke.
Do you remember the Houston and the Denver series last year? Kobe clearly had a cheap foul on Artest (the one where Artest confronted kobe) and the refs didn't do jack
against denver, remember when Kobe lowered his shoulder and rammed against JR? JR fell down on the ground and Denver had to call a timeout, but the refs still didn't see it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Josh Powell Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Hawksa Forward Josh Powell Gets Arrested (Mar '11) Mar '11 Ho Lee Schitt 1
News Atlanta Hawks able to contain Minnesota Timberw... (Nov '10) Nov '10 jmndodge 1
News Happy homecoming for Barnes (Jul '10) Aug '10 GKC 15
News NBA Free Agency 2010: The Word in Laker Land Is... (Jul '10) Jul '10 nap-pay 1
News Lakers' Josh Powell close to signing with the A... (Jul '10) Jul '10 HAWK8 1
News NBA Needs a Dream Team To Defeat the Lakers (Jul '10) Jul '10 know all see all 1
News Injury to Lakers' Bynum leads to lineup shuffle (Mar '10) Jun '10 LakerFan 8
More from around the web