It's a matter of time, patience for M...

It's a matter of time, patience for McRoberts

There are 71 comments on the The Indianapolis Star story from Feb 9, 2008, titled It's a matter of time, patience for McRoberts. In it, The Indianapolis Star reports that:

Eight days ago, Josh McRoberts was languishing in Idaho, a humbled 20-year-old rookie trying to accept a demotion to the NBA Development League.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Indianapolis Star.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Goober

Borden, IN

#1 Feb 9, 2008
Dissatisfied playing center at 6'10"? What did he expect? At least he wasted what could have been a decent college career for a short stint in the NBA. I hope he has a seat cushion. He'll need it.
Ron

AOL

#2 Feb 9, 2008
Over rated, over hyped kid that will fall into the same Jay Edwards trap.
Madman

Granger, IN

#3 Feb 9, 2008
At least he has a stint in the NBA. He can always go back to school with the money he earns, you won't always be young and full of dreams. Why squash this kid's dream. Why take it personal what he is doing. You need a life outside Mayberry there Goob.
Cut Him Some Slack

United States

#4 Feb 9, 2008
My kid met him at Noblesville sectionals a few years ago and is going to the Pacer game just to see him. It doesn't matter if he plays tonight or never. He went to one of the best colleges, played ball and got drafted...doesn't matter what pick. He could start as a SF on many other teams in the NBA.
Bob

Carmel, IN

#5 Feb 9, 2008
Cut Him Some Slack wrote:
He could start as a SF on many other teams in the NBA.
In you opinion, of course.

Duke is doing a whole lot better with him this year. I doubt Coach K is missing him much.
undisputed truth

Cincinnati, OH

#6 Feb 9, 2008
Ron wrote:
Over rated, over hyped kid that will fall into the same Jay Edwards trap.
Drugs were the undoing of Jay Edwards.
trout

Kokomo, IN

#7 Feb 9, 2008
Tell you what Josh, if you're dissatisfied with your treatment at the hands of the NBA, why don't you refuse to go to the all-star game? That's always worked in the past...
Jerry

Kokomo, IN

#8 Feb 9, 2008
undisputed truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Drugs were the undoing of Jay Edwards.
Drugs AND terrible advice from those close to him.
Good

Brandon, FL

#9 Feb 9, 2008
never won at any level
never won a conferance
naver won a sectionl
never beat Noblesville
never lead in rebounding
never led in scoring
never played in all stars
was terrible at duke
lost to the worst team Broad Ripple Junior year
the term over rated cant be use enough!
pfft

Indianapolis, IN

#10 Feb 9, 2008
he so sucks!
pfft

Indianapolis, IN

#11 Feb 9, 2008
Cut Him Some Slack wrote:
My kid met him at Noblesville sectionals a few years ago and is going to the Pacer game just to see him. It doesn't matter if he plays tonight or never. He went to one of the best colleges, played ball and got drafted...doesn't matter what pick. He could start as a SF on many other teams in the NBA.
only to show horrible skills and get his handed to him. just shows the nba will take any these days. he is HORRIBLE!
screechnik

United States

#12 Feb 9, 2008
Good wrote:
never won at any level
never won a conferance
naver won a sectionl
never beat Noblesville
never lead in rebounding
never led in scoring
never played in all stars
was terrible at duke
lost to the worst team Broad Ripple Junior year
the term over rated cant be use enough!
It's good to see that your all of your posts consistently suck. Consistency is the true meaning of excellence. Most of what you say is factually wrong, and your opinions are totally unsubstantiated. I hate it when people try to justify their opinions with such twisted crap. Just say you don't like McRoberts or IU or whoever and leave it at that. Your reasoning is flawed and ignorant.
Steve From Area 51

United States

#13 Feb 9, 2008
To be fair, I do not know Josh McRoberts. But from a fan's prospective, he always seemed to be the quintesential spoiled, arrogant kid from Carmel. Yea, that probably isn't fair to say, but many high school basketball fans I've talked to, say the same thing.

Hopefully the time spent at Idaho taught him a lesson. He's a heck of a player, no doubt. But his work ethic needed a "tune-up", and his ego needed a "comeupance".

It's fortunate that the Trailblazers are no longer the "Jailblazers" that two other Hoosier stars (Zach Randolph & Bonzi Wells) started out with.. Maybe McRoberts, under a more structured system, can build a better NBA resume' than those two.
S-Track

Euclid, OH

#14 Feb 9, 2008
Like him or not, he is a hoosier kid. Why not root for him to succeed. I love seeing kids you watched in high school make it to the highest level. He is living the dream of every kid that played ball in this state. Good for him, I hope he gets nothing but better. How cool would it be to see Josh and Greg in the same line up next year.
undisputed truth

Cincinnati, OH

#15 Feb 9, 2008
Jerry wrote:
<quoted text>
Ol' Jay wasn't the sharpest tack in the box.

I think McRoberts just might have a bit more going on between his ears.
Carmel

Delaware, OH

#16 Feb 9, 2008
I do live in Carmel and have seen Josh play on many occations. Bad attitde and not a team player. That was his problem at Carmel and Duke. He was not a scapegoat for thier (Duke's) first round lost. He was the reason they lost. Now Duke is the best team in the Nation and what is missing from last years team......MCROBERTS. He has a lot of talent, but has no brain to go with it. Did you read the Sprots Illistrated article three weeks ago about him in the "D" league? Did you see his interview on the local CHS TV station when he was a Senior in high school as to why he was NOT selected as Mr. Basketball? What a cry baby. He was bashing Oden, Conley and Dominic James among others. Saying how great he was and they were basicly crap players. If true why did he not show it on the court with at least one sectional win. I am sure it was the coaches.... oh wait those are the same coaches that have Carmel 15-0 this year! I guess their really is no I in TEAM! Josh is just an outright spoiled baby. By the way Josh, where is your daddy? Told you to straighten up and fly right so you run to MOMMY now! Better listen to Tim as he can help you before it is to late. Too much talent to waste Josh! Best of luck and I hope you get it turned around. Take responsibility and stop blaming others... as in this article!
Carmel Student

Delaware, OH

#17 Feb 9, 2008
Mcroberts was the best player to play through carmel, but had nothing around him at the time. You cant blame him for not winning a sectional when there were better teams, led by guys like eric gordon. Carmel is kicking everyones butts this year, but its not because they have a player now that is better than mcroberts, because they dont. If mcrobs was on this years team, we'd still be 15-0, and we'd be better. He played right on par with Oden in his senior year. He was a top 10 prospect and went on to play in arguably the best college, and got drafted in the NBA. Show me a noblesville player with that resume.
SAD

Uniontown, OH

#18 Feb 9, 2008
Jerry wrote:
<quoted text>
Jay Edwards was given the choice by Knight to quit or be released after he tested positive for drugs after their NCAA trip to Denver where he played horribly. He had no choice, go pro or lose scholarship to IU and have nothing. Please know what you speak of before you post.
Herb

Carmel, IN

#19 Feb 9, 2008
Steve From Area 51 wrote:
To be fair, I do not know Josh McRoberts. But from a fan's prospective, he always seemed to be the quintesential spoiled, arrogant kid from Carmel. Yea, that probably isn't fair to say, but many high school basketball fans I've talked to, say the same thing.
Hopefully the time spent at Idaho taught him a lesson.
I watched him a little on the net while playing in the D-league and didn't see anything that would lend itself to Josh's improvement. He played just like he did when he was in high school. He's too lazy and his ego regularly gets in the way of his play. He'll be in Europe playing pretty soon which might be good if his mother enjoys France, Italy, etc.
Herb

Carmel, IN

#20 Feb 9, 2008
Carmel Student wrote:
Mcroberts was the best player to play through carmel, but had nothing around him at the time. You cant blame him for not winning a sectional when there were better teams, led by guys like eric gordon. Carmel is kicking everyones butts this year, but its not because they have a player now that is better than mcroberts, because they dont. If mcrobs was on this years team, we'd still be 15-0, and we'd be better. He played right on par with Oden in his senior year. He was a top 10 prospect and went on to play in arguably the best college, and got drafted in the NBA. Show me a noblesville player with that resume.
Obviously you weren't at Josh's last game in Noblesville when NC beat him down and his poor attitude cost Carmel the game.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Josh McRoberts Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Ike Diogu and 5 Olympic Standouts the L.A. Lake... (Aug '12) Aug '12 hammer 1
News Lakers Notebook: Williams could be Lakers' safe... (Jan '12) Jan '12 aarias 1
News Lakers receive good news (Dec '11) Dec '11 yaboi teoh 662 7
News NBA Draft 2011: Hometown Kid George Hill, Futur... (Jun '11) Jul '11 Do tell 3
News Grizzlies open pre-season with win over Pacers (Oct '10) Oct '10 johnny 4
News Pacers' Hansbrough falls behind (Oct '10) Oct '10 SilverSoftcat319 1
News Jack Given Qualifying Offer From Pacers; Daniel... (Jul '09) Jul '09 pacer fan 1
More from around the web