Injuries make Wade a spectator against Mavs

Full story: South Florida Sun-Sentinel

The Heat's injury situation deteriorated from bad to unmanageable when All-Star guard Dwyane Wade sat out against the Dallas Mavericks late Friday.
Comments
21 - 34 of 34 Comments Last updated Jan 16, 2008
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
DirskGirl

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Jan 5, 2008
 
The fact is simple..8 -25..Shaq even said he doesnt care about getting a WIN because he's a "star" He can't get it done and he knows it. Wheelchair Wade, is the biggest baby ever!(which is sad cause he has so much talent) they sat out becuase they didn't want to be embarrassed. Thus, Wade and Shaq sit out and say" We lost but it was because we were"injured" ...yeah right! Also, Wade and Shaq didn't even cheer on their teammates! As far as the players that did suit up...they worked hard and never gave up..played a great game..Shaq and Wade should take notes and stop crying,"oh my pinky!" "oh Im fat but breaking records so screw the team!" Heat fans must be fed up. Either way it was a good game..Heat played well(kuddos to them) but the Mavs played better..(heat hasnt won a game in dallas in reg season since 2002)
Britt
ps players get hurt all the time..The MVP, Dirk Nowitzki had his teeth knocked out and went right back into the game..Nash had a broken nose and bleeding all over the place, he couldn't get back on that court fast enough..and didnt need to be carried off court. Maybe D and shaq need to get some backbone?

“Go Mavs”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22
Jan 5, 2008
 
screen nametypo correction> The fact is simple..8 -25..Shaq even said he doesnt care about getting a WIN because he's a "star" He can't get it done and he knows it. Wheelchair Wade, is the biggest baby ever!(which is sad cause he has so much talent) they sat out becuase they didn't want to be embarrassed. Thus, Wade and Shaq sit out and say" We lost but it was because we were"injured" ...yeah right! Also, Wade and Shaq didn't even cheer on their teammates! As far as the players that did suit up...they worked hard and never gave up..played a great game..Shaq and Wade should take notes and stop crying,"oh my pinky!" "oh Im fat but breaking records so screw the team!" Heat fans must be fed up. Either way it was a good game..Heat played well(kuddos to them) but the Mavs played better..(heat hasnt won a game in dallas in reg season since 2002)
Britt
ps players get hurt all the time..The MVP, Dirk Nowitzki had his teeth knocked out and went right back into the game..Nash had a broken nose and bleeding all over the place, he couldn't get back on that court fast enough..and didnt need to be carried off court. Maybe D and shaq need to get some backbone?
Communism is my Life

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#23
Jan 5, 2008
 
Exactly!!!!
Out of state Florida Fan wrote:
The King and Prince all decked up in their expensive suits and jewlery watching their peon team mates playing their hearts out. Ricky Davis was right when asked how they were playing so well together. We are passing the ball around and playing hard. I wish they won so Shaq and Wade could get off their ego trip. Too much money given to those two guys.
No_Heart_Mavs

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#24
Jan 5, 2008
 
MVP. The incredible shrinking Dirk. The 2 biggest choke jobs in NBA history in consecutive seasons. A superstar 7' German who doesn't want the ball, and has no inside game.From last year as your Backbone boy choke through another playoff:
"I got to take what they give me and they don't really give me a lot," said Nowitzki, who is averaging 20 points and has yet to score more than 23. "So I've got to make other stuff happen -- help out on defense more; hit the glass harder, as hard as I can, get some extra possessions; if I have a shot, try to knock it down and if I don't, move the ball and let someone else make a shot." Here is Dirk's line from the final close out game:
"Dirk Nowitzki struggled, shooting 2-of-13 from the field, finishing with eight points and 10 rebounds."

You have the guts to use NoWinSKI and backbone in the same sentence? Maybe the Heat suck now, havent't won in Dallas reg season since '02, but we still got a trophy on your court. Wheel Chair Wade has more heart than your whole soft ass team, except for Stackhouse. How's it feel to root for a team that no matter how many games you win in the regular season, no matter how well Dirk is playing, is going to have a choker tag because the only constant from this team is yakking against less talented opponents. You lecture on backbone and use Dirk as an example of toughness. HAHAHAHAHAH. The German Vagina-HAHAHAHAHAHA
Miami

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#25
Jan 5, 2008
 
DirskGirl wrote:
screen nametypo correction> The fact is simple..8 -25..Shaq even said he doesnt care about getting a WIN because he's a "star" He can't get it done and he knows it. Wheelchair Wade, is the biggest baby ever!(which is sad cause he has so much talent) they sat out becuase they didn't want to be embarrassed. Thus, Wade and Shaq sit out and say" We lost but it was because we were"injured" ...yeah right! Also, Wade and Shaq didn't even cheer on their teammates! As far as the players that did suit up...they worked hard and never gave up..played a great game..Shaq and Wade should take notes and stop crying,"oh my pinky!" "oh Im fat but breaking records so screw the team!" Heat fans must be fed up. Either way it was a good game..Heat played well(kuddos to them) but the Mavs played better..(heat hasnt won a game in dallas in reg season since 2002)
Britt
ps players get hurt all the time..The MVP, Dirk Nowitzki had his teeth knocked out and went right back into the game..Nash had a broken nose and bleeding all over the place, he couldn't get back on that court fast enough..and didnt need to be carried off court. Maybe D and shaq need to get some backbone?
First of all you are a NUT!!! And Second of all if Wade or Shaq would have played in the game you WOULD have lost. You guys barely got a win with a bunch of second and third string Heat players out on the court. Eddie Jones (a former Heat player) five three pointers was the reason that the Mavs were able to make it over the top. And third of all, what is it with you country hicks from Texas always hating on D-Wade? He needed some rest. I am proud to say that the Miami Heat is not in the Slave Trade. If you would have been watching any of the past Heat games, you would have seen him holding on to his shoulder a lot. You don't have to have an elementary education to know that it is hurting him. It has also been reported that he has now started to drag his surgery repaired leg. What in the H*ll do you want from this guy? Oh, and DirK's MVP is a joke!!
shek

Hollywood, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#26
Jan 5, 2008
 
curious to hear what u guys have to say about this...say the heat hits the lottery and gets the second pick...do u go with the best point guard to come out of the draft in god knows how long in derrick rose...OR do u go with a future partnership of wade and roy hibbert who is 7'2 and when he learns to play defense could be the coming of a zo and shaq put together......personally im split on these 2 guys because of what they can do for us....rose would be the now point guard buy hibbert could contend howard for best center in the league
Doc

Makati, Philippines

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#27
Jan 5, 2008
 
No need for any sentiments and suggestions guys, your team is done. Wait for next year. Give the crown to the big three!!!
Dade-County

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#28
Jan 6, 2008
 
Doc wrote:
No need for any sentiments and suggestions guys, your team is done. Wait for next year. Give the crown to the big three!!!
Shaq and JWill need crowns. However, I knew that D-Wade was not going to be himself. With his arm and leg under the knife, wanting him to come back and be his old self right away was a dream.
JAGS

Fort Lauderdale, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#29
Jan 6, 2008
 
Miami wrote:
<quoted text>
First of all you are a NUT!!! And Second of all if Wade or Shaq would have played in the game you WOULD have lost. You guys barely got a win with a bunch of second and third string Heat players out on the court. Eddie Jones (a former Heat player) five three pointers was the reason that the Mavs were able to make it over the top. And third of all, what is it with you country hicks from Texas always hating on D-Wade? He needed some rest. I am proud to say that the Miami Heat is not in the Slave Trade. If you would have been watching any of the past Heat games, you would have seen him holding on to his shoulder a lot. You don't have to have an elementary education to know that it is hurting him. It has also been reported that he has now started to drag his surgery repaired leg. What in the H*ll do you want from this guy? Oh, and DirK's MVP is a joke!!
if dirks mvp is a joke what is Wade's MVP... oh wait he has never won that award for being the best player the ENTIRE SEASON.

GO MAGIC
shek

Hollywood, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#30
Jan 7, 2008
 
JAGS wrote:
<quoted text>
if dirks mvp is a joke what is Wade's MVP... oh wait he has never won that award for being the best player the ENTIRE SEASON.
GO MAGIC
yah he got the better mvp out of the 2.....and btw Wade is better then any player the magic has
JAGS

Fort Lauderdale, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#31
Jan 7, 2008
 
shek wrote:
<quoted text>
yah he got the better mvp out of the 2.....and btw Wade is better then any player the magic has
yeah thats why the Magic are begging to give dwight howard for dwayne wade?

lol
lol

do you even know what the NBA is?

since 1990 you either have Jordan or a big man

add the titles up 6 for jordan the other 17 go to teams with big men(spurs lakers heat rockets)

the only exception is the pistons and the exception always makes the rule

LOL@ Dwayne Wade over Dwight Howard.

and If the Magic do not have a player better than D Wade how come Heat are garbage and Magic are not

you stupid silly bandwagon heat fan from 2005
shek

Hollywood, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#32
Jan 15, 2008
 
JAGS wrote:
<quoted text>
yeah thats why the Magic are begging to give dwight howard for dwayne wade?
lol
lol
do you even know what the NBA is?
since 1990 you either have Jordan or a big man
add the titles up 6 for jordan the other 17 go to teams with big men(spurs lakers heat rockets)
the only exception is the pistons and the exception always makes the rule
LOL@ Dwayne Wade over Dwight Howard.
and If the Magic do not have a player better than D Wade how come Heat are garbage and Magic are not
you stupid silly bandwagon heat fan from 2005
k lets go back to the time of jordan because u must have been one or two to understand without scottie he would not ever have won a title...AND to call Howard a better player than wade because of a teams record is very dumb considering the role players which obviously means nothing to you play a big role hence ROLE PLAYERs which again the heat done have except starpower which to u seems more important and injuries....Magic will not win a championship until they get a star guard a take control of the name type player and if wade was up for trades ud be surprised who they would give for him....season ticket hold since the inaugural season don't believe me i dont care because you are obviously a bandwagon for not backing ur team up during their time of need which has been what 8-10 years before
WEALTHY

Fort Lauderdale, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#33
Jan 16, 2008
 
shek wrote:
<quoted text>
k lets go back to the time of jordan because u must have been one or two to understand without scottie he would not ever have won a title...AND to call Howard a better player than wade because of a teams record is very dumb considering the role players which obviously means nothing to you play a big role hence ROLE PLAYERs which again the heat done have except starpower which to u seems more important and injuries....Magic will not win a championship until they get a star guard a take control of the name type player and if wade was up for trades ud be surprised who they would give for him....season ticket hold since the inaugural season don't believe me i dont care because you are obviously a bandwagon for not backing ur team up during their time of need which has been what 8-10 years before
WORD BROTHER!!!
I AM A MAGIC FAN.

UNTIL LAST YEAR 2007, THAT THE MAGIC HAD NOT MATTERED IN 12 YEARS.

12 MOTHEFOCKING YEARS.

ALTHOUGH YOUR SCOTTIE PIPPEN STATEMENT WAS QUITE STUPID.

JORDAN NEVER ONCE HAD A DOMINANT CENTER.

CAN YOU IMAGINE IF JORDAN HAD PLAYED ON THE SAME TEAM AS SHAQ?

MY POINT WAS UNLESS YOU HAVE A DOMINANT BIG MAN, YOU HAVE TO HAVE JORDAN.

AND CASE IN POINT

HOW MANY TITLES KOBE WIN SINCE SHAQ LEFT?
shek

Hollywood, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#34
Jan 16, 2008
 
WEALTHY wrote:
<quoted text>
WORD BROTHER!!!
I AM A MAGIC FAN.
UNTIL LAST YEAR 2007, THAT THE MAGIC HAD NOT MATTERED IN 12 YEARS.
12 MOTHEFOCKING YEARS.
ALTHOUGH YOUR SCOTTIE PIPPEN STATEMENT WAS QUITE STUPID.
JORDAN NEVER ONCE HAD A DOMINANT CENTER.
CAN YOU IMAGINE IF JORDAN HAD PLAYED ON THE SAME TEAM AS SHAQ?
MY POINT WAS UNLESS YOU HAVE A DOMINANT BIG MAN, YOU HAVE TO HAVE JORDAN.
AND CASE IN POINT
HOW MANY TITLES KOBE WIN SINCE SHAQ LEFT?
Pippen statement stupid....next time you ever speak to anyone with knowledge about basketball because you yourself nothing ask anyone who Jordan respected the most out of all...who helped him the most and ANYONE WHO KNOWS ANYTHING will say its Pippen Jordan himself said it. You can have a big man but when again as i said before you dont have a closer it really is quite useless to have one.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Josh Howard Discussions

Search the Josh Howard Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
NBA Rumors: Why the New York Knicks Should Sign... (Sep '12) Sep '12 BUSTER GILES 2
Saunders, Wizards are going camping (Mar '11) Mar '11 larry brown 1
Fans vent anger as Wizards lose (Feb '11) Feb '11 d-licker 1
Thornton remains uncertain of what role he'll b... (Oct '10) Oct '10 andre 1
Timberwolves win third straight as late run top... (Feb '10) Feb '10 t puppies biggest fan 6
Portland 114, Dallas 112: Miller scores 52 to l... (Feb '10) Feb '10 Wade 2
Jason Terry's 3-pointers help Mavericks to pres... (Oct '09) Oct '09 markusik 1
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••