Injuries make Wade a spectator agains...

Injuries make Wade a spectator against Mavs

There are 34 comments on the South Florida Sun-Sentinel story from Jan 4, 2008, titled Injuries make Wade a spectator against Mavs. In it, South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that:

The Heat's injury situation deteriorated from bad to unmanageable when All-Star guard Dwyane Wade sat out against the Dallas Mavericks late Friday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
heatfaninsocal

Burbank, CA

#1 Jan 4, 2008
I thought we played pretty good tonight! Considering we
didn't have Dwade!
socalheatfan

Whittier, CA

#2 Jan 4, 2008
I thought they played a great game, with a lot of heart. It looked like they were even enjoying what they were doing, and I haven't seen much of that this season.
RICKY DAVIS

Puerto Rico

#3 Jan 4, 2008
how many games will ricky davis cost the heat this year...people only look at his numbers...he always makes mistakes off the ball, horrible defender, no handles, dribbles with his head down....he does alot of littlel things horribly---in orlando took a 3 pointer..when we were up with 20 seconds left int he shot clock---no basketball iq...and today misses an easy layup to win the game...because he lacks a left hand...
Franco

AOL

#4 Jan 5, 2008
Soon Riley will have put D-Wade out of commission by overusing him to make up for the rest of the team.

Said this a long time ago too........

Wait and see..........
mca3

United States

#5 Jan 5, 2008
I DON'T UNDERSTAND RILEY,,BLOUNT WAS A HOT SHOOTER AND RILEY LEAVES HIM ON THE BENCH FOR HE LAST 9 MINS OF THE GAME FOR LUKE JACKSON AND ALEX JOHNSON,,IT SEEMS RILEY WANTS TO LOSE?
Dr K

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#6 Jan 5, 2008
Somebody tell Davis they're supposed to play hard every night....maybe we're on to something here....and it was only a matter of time til Dwayne got hurt. THESE GUYS ARE FREAKIN PATHETIC!!@!!
Sherlock Holmes

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#7 Jan 5, 2008
mca3 wrote:
I DON'T UNDERSTAND RILEY,,BLOUNT WAS A HOT SHOOTER AND RILEY LEAVES HIM ON THE BENCH FOR HE LAST 9 MINS OF THE GAME FOR LUKE JACKSON AND ALEX JOHNSON,,IT SEEMS RILEY WANTS TO LOSE?
THERE's THE ANSWER; RILEY's TAKIN A DUMP!!!!
Mr Schrute

United States

#8 Jan 5, 2008
I'm not even going to pretend I know much about B-ball I actually could care less about it most of the time but Riley may be looking for that lottery pick to try and save this sinking ship of a franchise and his rep. He can't afford to sign free agents with Shaq's huge contract on the books and nobody wants to trade for anyone on this shite team either.
Suffering Miami Fan

Hollywood, FL

#9 Jan 5, 2008
Sherlock Holmes wrote:
<quoted text>
THERE's THE ANSWER; RILEY's TAKIN A DUMP!!!!
Why are people shocked by this?
If we can agree on the following items:
1. We need new blood of Wade quality.
2. We have NO SHOT at a title this year.
3. Wade quality players are only in the lottery.
4. The Heat have NEVER gotten a break in the lottery, so they have to be REALLY bad to get a decent pick.
5. Pat Riley is a smart GM that can think long term and does not need to pump up his win totals to keep his job.
and
6. San Antonio showed the way to a dynasty by tanking the season to get Duncan the next year.

Then why WOULD Riley try to win a meaningless game against the Mavs (who STILL have the whiningest fans and owner in the league) when a loss keeps us below the Knicks.

Go Riley! Get those losses and get us a stud in the lottery to make up for the loss of Mourning.
xccxc

West Palm Beach, FL

#10 Jan 5, 2008
cvcvc
nba analyst

Mansfield, OH

#11 Jan 5, 2008
Suffering Miami Fan wrote:
<quoted text>Why are people shocked by this?
If we can agree on the following items:
1. We need new blood of Wade quality.
2. We have NO SHOT at a title this year.
3. Wade quality players are only in the lottery.
4. The Heat have NEVER gotten a break in the lottery, so they have to be REALLY bad to get a decent pick.
5. Pat Riley is a smart GM that can think long term and does not need to pump up his win totals to keep his job.
and
6. San Antonio showed the way to a dynasty by tanking the season to get Duncan the next year.
Then why WOULD Riley try to win a meaningless game against the Mavs (who STILL have the whiningest fans and owner in the league) when a loss keeps us below the Knicks.
Go Riley! Get those losses and get us a stud in the lottery to make up for the loss of Mourning.
Yeah, that's a theory. But who is the ace in the lottery? If you look at the prospects, there are no franchise players coming out. None.
xccxc

West Palm Beach, FL

#12 Jan 5, 2008
EVERYONE ON HERE IS IGNORANT. FIRST OF ALL YOU PUT DOWN RICKY DAVIS BECAUSE HE'S BLACK. EVERYTHING IS ALWAYS RICKY BUT WHAT ABOUT THAT NONE SHOOTING WHITE BOY NAMES LUKE JACKSON WHO CANT THROW THE BALL IN THE FR E A K IN OCEAN. WHITE GIVE IT UP
Benny

Miami, FL

#13 Jan 5, 2008
The heat had 48 millions on the bench!
Playoff

New Orleans, LA

#14 Jan 5, 2008
It's a fact, Wade will continue to be overused because the heat has no one capable of playing at his intensity or skill level - Mr.$20 million $ man sits on the bench and complains of "not enough touches" and the rest of the team (Haslem excepted) isn't worth anything. Riley needs some new blood to help Wade or Wade won't make it to the end of the year in one piece.
deadendangel

Willowbrook, IL

#15 Jan 5, 2008
Hey, can we start these guys all year?? I thought the game was great. So much hustle, heart and enthusiasm. More than I've seen all year. I realize Dallas was off, but don't they always choke!?

We might have actually won if the refs had called Howard for a foul on Davis. It was clearly a foul. This was the first game I've watched all year when I thought they were really trying, and I love Dwyane Wade to death, but lately he's been slow, probably due to injuries, but I don't think his heart is in it this year...

Anyway, great game, not so great outcome, but it might put a spark in the rest of the guys, I hope so...
Out of state Florida Fan

Binghamton, NY

#16 Jan 5, 2008
The King and Prince all decked up in their expensive suits and jewlery watching their peon team mates playing their hearts out. Ricky Davis was right when asked how they were playing so well together. We are passing the ball around and playing hard. I wish they won so Shaq and Wade could get off their ego trip. Too much money given to those two guys.
JAGS

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#17 Jan 5, 2008
as a magic fan who feels for the heat this season, i would propose this trade

Adonal Foyle for Shaq

lol
BUSH MAN

Delray Beach, FL

#18 Jan 5, 2008
I have been saying that the young guys that try hard, Jump, Defend and hustle should start. Thade everyone that did not play last night and add to the young guys- or get a girl who can shoot!
Justin

Tucson, AZ

#19 Jan 5, 2008
Making a pass across the court was dumb.
Ignorant or just a flame

New York, NY

#20 Jan 5, 2008
xccxc wrote:
EVERYONE ON HERE IS IGNORANT. FIRST OF ALL YOU PUT DOWN RICKY DAVIS BECAUSE HE'S BLACK. EVERYTHING IS ALWAYS RICKY BUT WHAT ABOUT THAT NONE SHOOTING WHITE BOY NAMES LUKE JACKSON WHO CANT THROW THE BALL IN THE FR E A K IN OCEAN. WHITE GIVE IT UP
No, we put down Ricky because he's not very good and because there were some expectations that Ricky would contribute more than he does. The disparity between Ricky's performance and expectations of his performance leads to criticism. By contrast, no one expects anything from LJ. That said, LJ has played very, very poorly. It is sad that he gets more than 5 minutes.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Josh Howard Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News NBA Rumors: Why the New York Knicks Should Sign... (Sep '12) Sep '12 BUSTER GILES 2
News Saunders, Wizards are going camping (Mar '11) Mar '11 larry brown 1
News Fans vent anger as Wizards lose (Feb '11) Feb '11 d-licker 1
News Thornton remains uncertain of what role he'll b... (Oct '10) Oct '10 andre 1
News Timberwolves win third straight as late run top... (Feb '10) Feb '10 t puppies biggest... 6
News Portland 114, Dallas 112: Miller scores 52 to l... (Feb '10) Feb '10 Wade 2
News Jason Terry's 3-pointers help Mavericks to pres... (Oct '09) Oct '09 markusik 1
More from around the web