MAVERICKS 99, KNICKS 89: Getting uglier all the time

Full story: Newsday 36
Isiah Thomas stood on the sideline - that in itself was more than he did in the previous two games - and while his team was being pummeled on the court, he was taking a beating from the fans. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Frank

Jersey City, NJ

#21 Dec 11, 2007
venom wrote:
<quoted text>last year they had 10 more wins than the previous year under LB with essentially the same team plus time for the rookies that LB wouldn't play like Lee, Frye and Nate.....
I don't just mean as a coach, since 2003, how much better are they?
Bob Collier

Albertson, NY

#22 Dec 11, 2007
If we're lucky, Marbury will never come back and Thomas will go with him. What a pair of losers!!
Fed Up

Cedar Knolls, NJ

#23 Dec 11, 2007
Here's how MSG describes Isiah on its website:

"Thomas’ prolific career has been defined by success at every level as both player and executive" (YEAH, RIGHT. HOW ABOUT FAILURE AT EVERY EXECUTIVE LEVEL, UNLESS OF COURSE "SUCCESS" MEANT BRINGING THE CIRCUS BACK TO THE GARDEN, HE'S DONE A WONDERFUL JOB AT THAT)

"His impact upon the Knicks has been swift and dramatic" (IT SURE HAS)

Thomas’ patience and ability to stick to his long-term plan, rebuilding the organization through a balance of youth, athleticism and experience, have re-energized the franchise (REALLY? THE ONLY THING LONG TERM ABOUT HIS PLAN IS THE FANS' SUFFERING)

Taking on the added role of head coach, he brings a singular philosophy - both short- and long-term - for returning the Knicks to elite status.(SO WHEN EXACTLY DOES HE PLAN TO IMPLEMENT THIS PHILOSOPHY BECAUSE WE SURE HAVEN'T SEEN IT YET)
KIKS

Hicksville, NY

#24 Dec 11, 2007
kNICKS RULE. I LOVE MONKEYS
Mex

Orlando, FL

#26 Dec 11, 2007
venom wrote:
<quoted text>Actually his drafts (Frye, Lee, Nate, Ariza) have been pretty good. It's the FA signings like JJ and Jefferies and trades for guys like Steve Francis that have been bad. But this is what I mean by fans that are just loud, obnoxious and have no clue other than 'we don't like Isiah and want every one to know it'. Kids are better seen and not heard...
You're in denial. Lay off Zeke's Kool Aid. He'll deservedly be fired before the year is out. And players who whine about NY pressure don't belong in NY.
Mex

Orlando, FL

#27 Dec 11, 2007
Isiah's spinning his wheels. He's made like thirty trades since he's been here and the club is no better off than it was during the Layden years. Venom, you want to bet they go plus ten again and win 43 games this year? Didn't think so.
kelly Tripucka

Flushing, NY

#28 Dec 11, 2007
Send him to join al Queda. That bunch would implode in 6 months with Isiah Thomas on board
Mr Anthony

Hayward, CA

#29 Dec 11, 2007
The Nolan Family Sukcs.... PERIOD....

“A 1998 Mazda Millenia”

Since: Nov 07

Solon,OH

#30 Dec 11, 2007
Knicks blow.
bwood

United States

#31 Dec 11, 2007
If the fans want Dolan to get rid of Isiah, they need to not go to a few games and let them play to an empty garden to get his attention
thogy

New York, NY

#32 Dec 11, 2007
the only other person more out of touch with reality than Isiah Thomas is George Bush.

And both have a small amount of people (also livng in a fantasy land) who think each are doing a hell of job)
penelope a smithers

Albany, NY

#33 Dec 11, 2007
The Knicks need a head coach with a very high moral character as well as basketball savvy just to get back their own fan base [read revenue stream here] before they can even dream of winning a championship.This Anucha Sanders nonsense has cost them far more than 11.5mil.But leadership starts at the top and with Dolan jr. running the show don't bet it will happen soon.Sad............
Billy Hazelton

Albany, NY

#34 Dec 11, 2007
How about Barack Obama as head coach ? Is Oprah a Knicks fan?
Larry

Buffalo, NY

#35 Dec 11, 2007
Thomas sucks. Enough said.
Mario

Springfield, NJ

#36 Dec 11, 2007
Memo to Isiah:
Get some wins and have the Knicks play like a team instead of a bunch of "me" players , maybe the Garden Crowd can get behind you.
Fed Up

Cedar Knolls, NJ

#37 Dec 11, 2007
thogy wrote:
the only other person more out of touch with reality than Isiah Thomas is George Bush.
And both have a small amount of people (also livng in a fantasy land) who think each are doing a hell of job)
Isiah not out of touch with reality so much as being the master of excuses. He surrounds himself with yes-men, makes mistake after mistake, but finds ways to not take responsibility. Notice the statements he makes that start of with "I know in my heart". Last two were that he know "in his heart" that he was innocent of the sexual harassment charges and Knicks would have made the playoffs but for the injuries. Both were lies. Fortunately for him, he works for an idiot.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Josh Howard Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
NBA Rumors: Why the New York Knicks Should Sign... (Sep '12) Sep '12 BUSTER GILES 2
Saunders, Wizards are going camping (Mar '11) Mar '11 larry brown 1
Fans vent anger as Wizards lose (Feb '11) Feb '11 d-licker 1
Thornton remains uncertain of what role he'll b... (Oct '10) Oct '10 andre 1
Timberwolves win third straight as late run top... (Feb '10) Feb '10 t puppies biggest... 6
Portland 114, Dallas 112: Miller scores 52 to l... (Feb '10) Feb '10 Wade 2
Jason Terry's 3-pointers help Mavericks to pres... (Oct '09) Oct '09 markusik 1
More from around the web