Josh Howard Arrested On Drag Racing C...

Josh Howard Arrested On Drag Racing Charges

There are 7 comments on the NBC 5i Dallas/Fort Worth story from Aug 1, 2008, titled Josh Howard Arrested On Drag Racing Charges. In it, NBC 5i Dallas/Fort Worth reports that:

Dallas Mavericks guard Josh Howard was arrested and charged Thursday after a Winston-Salem police officer said he spotted him drag racing at 94 mph with another vehicle on Silas Creek Parkway near Highway 421, ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC 5i Dallas/Fort Worth.

David

United States

#1 Aug 1, 2008
Please understand this reckless incident is NOT drag racing, this is street racing. Drag racing occurs on race tracks under controlled conditions where safety is the priority. Drag racing events and participants are sponsored by large corporations such as General Motors, Mopar, Oakley, Budweiser, Coca Cola, Rite Aid Pharmacies, Catapiller, DHL Freight, UPS etc etc ... this dangerous activity of street racing should not be confused with drag racing ... and perhaps Mr Howard should take a lesson from former NBA stars Larry Nance and Tom Hammonds and take his need for speed to the strip and race in the NHRA Professional drag racing series ...
Wow

Irving, TX

#2 Aug 1, 2008
Welcome to Dallas Sports figures...

i guess the Mavericks are joining the Cowboys...
DCL

Grapevine, TX

#3 Aug 1, 2008
Question why was the sports figure arrested and not the other,(Lexus) driver(s)? I have no problem with the sports figure but lets get real and enforce the laws equally. I also agree Street Racing IS NOT Drag Racing. Oh wait it was the end of the month and the locals hadn't made their quota yet. Probably out-of-state plates and they checked out the sports figure's car and knew who he was arresting ahead of time? Ya Think? I know NO police department will admit to having quotas but it sure is funny how the ticket counts goes up at the end of the month. Hummm very strange.
John

Anna, TX

#6 Aug 1, 2008
The Devil takes the hindmost.
Taco maker

Fort Worth, TX

#10 Aug 2, 2008
Taco Eater wrote:
whoever wrote this story is not well educated. Drag Racing is a professional endeavor and has many safety rules and regulations. Street Racing is what this criminal was doing. Street Racing is a crime and causes death. I guess Mark Cuban and the Dallas Mavericks support the possible killing of innocent people by their players who earn too much money that they are unable to cope and deal with. The solution is to pay them minimum wage and keep them struggling. The payoff for professional sports should not be all the pot you can smoke and all the fast cars you want to kill people.
very well put
tuck

Arlington, TX

#11 Aug 2, 2008
I am sure that at one time or another we all have been guilty of excessive speed on public streets and should not be so quick to judge or condemn some one else,especially if you wasnt even there to know the complete story.the news media always put their own spin on stories to try and make it interesting.It is always the people who aren't sucessful in life to hate on some one who is.Do me a favor and shut the hell up!!
BLUE

Dallas, TX

#15 Aug 3, 2008
What the heck. I go that fast when I am late for work. Thats stupid.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Josh Howard Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News NBA Rumors: Why the New York Knicks Should Sign... (Sep '12) Sep '12 BUSTER GILES 2
News Saunders, Wizards are going camping (Mar '11) Mar '11 larry brown 1
News Fans vent anger as Wizards lose (Feb '11) Feb '11 d-licker 1
News Thornton remains uncertain of what role he'll b... (Oct '10) Oct '10 andre 1
News Timberwolves win third straight as late run top... (Feb '10) Feb '10 t puppies biggest... 6
News Portland 114, Dallas 112: Miller scores 52 to l... (Feb '10) Feb '10 Wade 2
News Jason Terry's 3-pointers help Mavericks to pres... (Oct '09) Oct '09 markusik 1
More from around the web