Howard Disparages National Anthem At ...

Howard Disparages National Anthem At Charity Event

There are 239 comments on the NBC 5i Dallas/Fort Worth story from Sep 17, 2008, titled Howard Disparages National Anthem At Charity Event. In it, NBC 5i Dallas/Fort Worth reports that:

Dallas Mavericks forward Josh Howard has once again caught the spotlight for his off-the-court behavior.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC 5i Dallas/Fort Worth.

Kay Collins

Dallas, TX

#23 Sep 17, 2008
Josh Howard's behavior is unacceptable, since young children imitate his action on and off the court. A very talented young man with poor morals and standards.
Sharon

United States

#25 Sep 17, 2008
The only disipline Howard deserves is to be sent packing, maybe even to another country. Dallas needs to make sure he is gone and never plays here again.
cbm

United States

#26 Sep 17, 2008
I am so sick of all these pro athletes that disrespect the national anthem. I don't care what country you are from, show respect for the country that provides you with more money than one person needs to live on.
Joe Spradlin

Flint, TX

#27 Sep 17, 2008
If Josh Howard can't support the National Anthem and the troops, many who are also BLACK, making it possible to live the life of a king then he needs to move out of the United States and move to Africa or Iran where he might be happy. He is not fit to be a member of the Mavericks or any other team in the NBA.
happy medium

Lewisville, TX

#28 Sep 17, 2008
He's a waste of air. Cuban better get rid of this idiot quick!
Melissa Orozco

Mesquite, TX

#30 Sep 17, 2008
Josh's comment makes me want to burn his Jersey along with other items I purchased for my six year old son. People like him want the freedom to do what they want while disrespecting the very country that gives him that freedom!!! He was at a charity event for goodness sake; learn some self control or get out of the business; to many young children look up to these athletes and I don't want my children to think it is okay to get high & be disrespectful. And for the record, who cares what race you are; are you not an American?!? He needs to go spend some time in the middle east; IDIOT!!!
Whitey

Dallas, TX

#31 Sep 17, 2008
Well it looks like ol' "94 in a 55mph" is at it again. Last year he "confessed" to smoking pot in the off-season. Now he is back with ever so much more. I just wish he could do his job and then go home. That's all. He will never be a statesman. He plays a young boy's game for a living.
whitechocolate

Dallas, TX

#33 Sep 17, 2008
I got one word to say "T Y P I C A L"
tara

Pleasanton, CA

#34 Sep 17, 2008
if thats the case he should be taken out of the US and off the team at the very least.
Whitey

Dallas, TX

#35 Sep 17, 2008
Grandmother wrote:
First, this man is a role model for so many children. Second, he should respect everything done in this country that has made him rich. I don't care if he is black, brown, white, green or yellow with red polka dots, he should respect the flag. SO, now we have another wonderful player that makes tons of money that hates the United States that stays on with the Mavericks only because it makes them money. No matter how he feels...he should be fired.
Pleez don't make him your role model. He certainly is not mine. He just plays a game for a living. That's all.
whitechocolate

Dallas, TX

#36 Sep 17, 2008
Susan G-

He feels the way he does because he is a thug.....period.
whitechocolate

Dallas, TX

#37 Sep 17, 2008
Josh Howard is an over payed no body. The only talent he has is playing with a ball, otherwise he is a nobody.
skimaxx

Denison, TX

#38 Sep 17, 2008
If the man doesn't like the song, let him go somewhere else where they play some rap crap instead....
Susan G

United States

#43 Sep 17, 2008
whitechocolate wrote:
Susan G-
He feels the way he does because he is a thug.....period.
Wchoc you have a very limited and childish definition of what a thug is.
Maybe it is you who really needs to move somewhere that limits freedoms. That is in fact what your suggesting for someone else.
Linda Gruben

Euless, TX

#44 Sep 17, 2008
He is a disgrace, and he need's to hear YOUR FIRED ASAP
whitechocolate

Dallas, TX

#47 Sep 17, 2008
Thug- dope smoking, national anthem trashin, rap music loving loser. Hows that??????
whitechocolate

Dallas, TX

#48 Sep 17, 2008
Susan G- if you cant see who Josh Howard is, your as lost as he is. We dont need psychology to know why he is the way he is. Its in his blood.
Old Surfer Dude

Fairforest, SC

#49 Sep 17, 2008
I have a problem with this if he does not lose his job? As a white man I am offended to the upmost, and I want to see the same punishment I have seen happen to white men for years? He disrespected white people all over this country, time to pay for his comments?

Take his career away from him
Bill G

New York, NY

#50 Sep 17, 2008
What burns me up more, is remember Don Imus. You know, the guy who got fired, had to go and apologize to the whole Rutgers women's basketball team? You remember? The man that had Jessie and Al, and everyone up in arms? You remember, right?

Watch what happens to Mr. Josh Howard. NOTHING! Because if it's someone Black making inflammatory remarks, it's o.k. But watchout if they're White. It's as if the world were coming to an end. It's getting old.
whitechocolate

Dallas, TX

#51 Sep 17, 2008
taking his b-ball away from him wont do anything. He will just end up in some worthless rap video smokin a fatty while stupid kids (and adults) buy the crap that gets put on the shelves.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Josh Howard Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News NBA Rumors: Why the New York Knicks Should Sign... (Sep '12) Sep '12 BUSTER GILES 2
News Saunders, Wizards are going camping (Mar '11) Mar '11 larry brown 1
News Fans vent anger as Wizards lose (Feb '11) Feb '11 d-licker 1
News Thornton remains uncertain of what role he'll b... (Oct '10) Oct '10 andre 1
News Timberwolves win third straight as late run top... (Feb '10) Feb '10 t puppies biggest... 6
News Portland 114, Dallas 112: Miller scores 52 to l... (Feb '10) Feb '10 Wade 2
News Jason Terry's 3-pointers help Mavericks to pres... (Oct '09) Oct '09 markusik 1
More from around the web