Howard Disparages National Anthem At Charity Event

Full story: NBC 5i Dallas/Fort Worth

Dallas Mavericks forward Josh Howard has once again caught the spotlight for his off-the-court behavior.
Comments
221 - 239 of 239 Comments Last updated Sep 23, 2008
First Prev
of 12
Next Last
Susan G

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2008

Well, Susan, just like old Josh, you're welcome to find a better place that more suitably matches your interests. Isn't that what this whole thread is about anyway? If you don't like rock 'n roll, don't buy Rolling Stones records. Same thing applies to where you live.

Pancho what exactly do yo do to show how much you love this country?
I would be willing to bet that you couldnt hold a candle to what I have been doing/

if this nation is left to people like yourself we would become a very mediore nation.

And your entire post was nonsense.
Bobby

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2008

Ah, I was one of those suburban kids who was caught cheating, and binge drinking. Not using drugs...not till college. So, yes, I agree. What I will say is, school starts at home. And absolutely, there are kids who try their asses off in places, that most only have bad dreams about. But come on, you can't say, and this runs across the board, that most kids in America don't really give a shit about school. Everyone's gonna be an actor, or professional athlete, or some ego driven profession, that frankly happens one in a million. And it's more prevalent in inner city schools. Problem is,we as a country, put more of an emphasis on sports and games , than school.The time wasted on ball fields, and courts is a friggen travesty. Sports are great, when one isn't delusional, or putting everything into one basket. I also, was one of those kids. I'
I'm getting way off base, but yes, some points I agree, others, not so much.
Susan G

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2008

to find a better place that more suitably matches your interests. Isn't that what this whole thread is about anyway?

I think it would be so much better for this nation if you left. How about china so your home could be placed where the goods you decorate it with do not have so far to travel.
Susan G

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2008

]Again, I can't speak for everyone else, and i'm not questioning his patriotism nor am I wearing an Uncle Sam costume. Nor have I ever. My problem stems with the double standard.

in many ways I do agree with you. I think Michael Richardson was unfairly raked over the coals for his remarks. I think his remarks where made in the heat of anger and for no other reason. We are all capable of saying things we do not mean when we are emotional.

And yes, I did read the posters thoughts on how our soldiers have everything they need. He is very misinformed.

He was misinformed about a lot of stuff. Or should I say still is.

I mail packages for our soldiers, we put aside Memorial day, Flag Day and Veterans Day for what they were for. I dont spend these days shopping. I am more then willing to pick up protest signs and protest outside the ofc of our local politicians and was outraged over the treatment of our wounded soldiers at Walter Reed hospital.
There is a huge need for more to get involved.
Susan G

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2008

What I will say is, school starts at home.

I agree with a lot of stuff your saying.

And absolutely, there are kids who try their asses off in places, that most only have bad dreams about. But come on, you can't say, and this runs across the board, that most kids in America don't really give a **** about school.

actually many of the kids today and that includes the upper to middle class tend to have their sights set on being models and playing sports. As to the kids in the inner city they for the most part do not parents around enough. That isnt their fault they are still kids.
Ask the kids in any school what they can recite the top ten hit list or bill of rights, that pretty much crosses all class lines.
Ask how many of them can tell you the jingles of popular commericals of their favorite food outlets and then ask them who the first 5 presidents of this nation were and then ask them what their own blood type is.

And it's more prevalent in inner city schools. Problem is,we as a country,

this is where I disagree with you, being a model or cheerleader seems to be big amongst most girls, no matter the schools.

I also, was one of those kids. I'

:) well at least that is something :)
Susan G

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2008

Bobby

Hey I am off to bed, it is getting close to my bedtime and the dogs need to go out and the dishwasher started.

See ya tomorrow.
Bobby

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2008

I admire you. People TALK about doing these things you have done, but don't get around to it. I'm one of them. Hey, I'll admit it.

And ask some of the kids how safe the Humvees they're rolling around in. It's despicable. Walter Reed. Beyond. It goes on and on. And you've made very valid points about talking patriotism and BEING a patriot.

Gotta disagree with Michael Richardson though. I think ol Mike went over the line. Like, way over the line. lol
Bobby

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2008

My dogs needto go out, and it's past my bedtime. Two 100 lb labs, in a 1 bedroom apt in NYC. I bet much different than you.

Nite
Panchos Sister

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2008

Susan G wrote:
to find a better place that more suitably matches your interests. Isn't that what this whole thread is about anyway?
I think it would be so much better for this nation if you left. How about china so your home could be placed where the goods you decorate it with do not have so far to travel.
If you're going to insult people, you should stick with the script. I am not the one complaining about all the racism and how bad it is to live here. You seem to automatically assume that no one besides you is patriotic and that everyone else supplies their homes with cheap crap from China (you've repeated that more than once). I merely stated what the majority of people on this thread have said, "Love it or leave it". Where DOES that hostility come from?
Ron Knott

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2008

America has been good to Howard. If he does not appreciate the freedom and our song of freedom he should move to another country. Cuban should speak out aganist Howard. He too has made mega bucks in this country. Stand up for what is right Cuban.
Tired of Black Pride

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2008

truth hurts wrote:
I dont blame him,blacks were in chains when this
b.s.was made up.What ever happened to freedom of speech?If blacks were treated as equals they wouldnt feel this way.
If blacks acted like equals, instead of like victims, expecting handouts, maybe they'd be treated like equals. Instead, the vast majority of them are a huge drain a society - they hurt each other FAR more than any other race does. Daddies fathering babies with so many mom's, not taking care of them, gangs running around killing each other, drugs steeped so much in their culture it's impossible to imagine it without... Blacks have no one to blame these days but themselves.

My ancestors - white - were also probably in chains at some point - whether as slaves in England, or father back to Rome - or yet another culture - yet somehow I don't feel the need to use that as an excuse to behave poorly.
Bud

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2008

Yes the man is entitled to freedom of speak, however if he has no more respect for this country and our national anthem, get rid of him. Why should the good people of the United States of America have to put up with this type of statement being allowed by a pro ball player. Cuban should fire him and the US should ship him out.

Does anyone remember the book "Man Without a Country" That would be a great thing to happen to this guy.
Susan G

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2008

[
If you're going to insult people, you should stick with the script.

If your going to continue to post with me then you need to point out details. Who has been insulted. The phoney patriots who talk but do not walk. I would be willing to bet that your one of those. IS it insulting to point out that most of you who are screaming at Howard are less patriotic then your rantings?

Your post, your entire post is pointless and has no depth.
You can leave me country and go somewhere that allows and encourage laziness.

I am not the one complaining about all the racism and how bad it is to live here.

no dear but you are the one screaming about someone else's definition about who is patriotic but not giving anything of yourself.
And the racism on this board reeks.

You seem to automatically assume that no one besides you is patriotic and that everyone else supplies their homes with cheap crap from China (you've repeated that more than once).

And your point would be what? You dont have a point do you?
The points I made were legit.
patriotism is something you not something you talk about.

I merely stated what the majority of people on this thread have said, "Love it or leave it".

And most of the people on this board would have supported the flat earth concept or gotten on the titanic.
Using the majority concept to validate an idea or mindset has always had holes in it.

Where DOES that hostility come from.

The hostility is coming from the majority you so proudly hail from.
Nice job of missing those points. your not all that bright which is exactly the type of people that the KKK prey on.
Just where to you folks buy your white hoods and sheets from?
Susan G

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2008

Bud Yes the man is entitled to freedom of speak, however if he has no more respect for this country and our national anthem, get rid of him. Why should the good people of the United States of America have to put up with this type of statement being allowed by a pro ball player. Cuban should fire him and the US should ship him out.

Bud what exactly makes you a good American?
Stealth

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2008

Susan G wrote:
Bud Yes the man is entitled to freedom of speak, however if he has no more respect for this country and our national anthem, get rid of him. Why should the good people of the United States of America have to put up with this type of statement being allowed by a pro ball player. Cuban should fire him and the US should ship him out.
Bud what exactly makes you a good American?
I fought in three military campaigns so all of us can have the right to "bicker" AND AGREE! I am no hero... I just did what I felt needed to be done for the good of this nation that I love. I say cut Josh (if for nothing else) BECAUSE HE'S OVERPAID & CAN'T PLAY... and Mark Cuban CAN'T LEAD!
Susan G

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2008

I fought in three military campaigns so all of us can have the right to "bicker" AND AGREE! I am no hero... I just did what I felt needed to be done for the good of this nation that I love.

What was the point of fighting for those freedoms if you refuse to give them?
Susan G

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2008

I say cut Josh (if for nothing else) BECAUSE HE'S OVERPAID & CAN'T PLAY... and Mark Cuban CAN'T LEAD

those would be good reasons, i also am opposed to paying atheletes and ALL entertainers more then we pay those who actually do the real work to keep this nation free and safe.

I dont go to movies of those I disagree with or watch their television shows, I also do not buy music from artist I disagree with and that includes many many country music artist who produce too much music that encourages over consumption of booze.

I read a lot of good books.
heavy hoof

Mckinney, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2008

Does anyone else agree that Susan G is very passionate about her beliefs? But wound just a bit too tight.
Susan G

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2008

]Does anyone else agree that Susan G is very passionate about her beliefs? But wound just a bit too tight.

In light of any real substance to post you prefer to wallow in your own self doubt.
Maybe a day with Dr. Phil could help you.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 12
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Josh Howard Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
NBA Rumors: Why the New York Knicks Should Sign... (Sep '12) Sep '12 BUSTER GILES 2
Saunders, Wizards are going camping (Mar '11) Mar '11 larry brown 1
Fans vent anger as Wizards lose (Feb '11) Feb '11 d-licker 1
Thornton remains uncertain of what role he'll b... (Oct '10) Oct '10 andre 1
Timberwolves win third straight as late run top... (Feb '10) Feb '10 t puppies biggest... 6
Portland 114, Dallas 112: Miller scores 52 to l... (Feb '10) Feb '10 Wade 2
Jason Terry's 3-pointers help Mavericks to pres... (Oct '09) Oct '09 markusik 1

Search the Josh Howard Forum:
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••