Howard Disparages National Anthem At Charity Event

Dallas Mavericks forward Josh Howard has once again caught the spotlight for his off-the-court behavior. Full Story
First Prev
of 12
Next Last
Grandmother

Dallas, TX

#1 Sep 17, 2008
First, this man is a role model for so many children. Second, he should respect everything done in this country that has made him rich. I don't care if he is black, brown, white, green or yellow with red polka dots, he should respect the flag. SO, now we have another wonderful player that makes tons of money that hates the United States that stays on with the Mavericks only because it makes them money. No matter how he feels. . .he should be fired.

“Politics are corrupt”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#2 Sep 17, 2008
we will probably not hear about it, but the owner Mark Cuban will take some action, we will how ever hear when the NBA gives him some type of discipline, and they will
Furious in Frisco

United States

#3 Sep 17, 2008
If Howard dislikes the US so much, we will take our Millions of Dollars back and pull him off the team so he can sit some other country and get high all day.
Dodo3636

Lewisville, TX

#4 Sep 17, 2008
I didn't vote yes or no, because this IS America, the land of free speech. That being said, he should be ashamed of himself and his mama should smack him. He's living in the free-est country in the world and making a gajillion dollars to play a game, and he should be kissing the ground. My sister says they should bury him in a hole.
Bob

Napa, CA

#5 Sep 17, 2008
Fire him immediately.
Susan G

United States

#6 Sep 17, 2008
You cannot force someone to be proud, it has to be inspired.
Granny B

Dallas, TX

#7 Sep 17, 2008
While I strongly disagree with Howard's comments, last I heard, it's still a free country and we still have free speach. His comments, however distasteful, were not made for general distribution. It's the press that's doing that. It amazes me that people who have been so fortunate in the US, still play the victim and the race card at every opportunity.
Susan G

United States

#8 Sep 17, 2008
Grandmother with all due respect you have no idea what Josh's life has been nor is it up to you to decide how and when a person feels pride in anything even his own country.
So instead of roasting Josh Howard why dont we find out why he feels as he does.
Paul

Fort Worth, TX

#10 Sep 17, 2008
Humph! Not surprising I'm afraid. Many people, of various creed, color and profession enjoy the fruits of living or working here in the good ol' US of A.

Respect and humility, things that indicate someone of TRULY good character, are things that seem harder and harder to find these days.

But, he's famous, a minority (so am I), and 'liked' by sports fans (I suppose) so it won't REALLY matter. As long as he is good entertainment and a money maker for SOME team SOMEWHERE - he won't be held accountable - at least not much.

Many people (black, white, red, pick a color) have sacrificed, suffered, bled and died for the freedoms that we enjoy here and now.

Free speech has been hard-fought and hard-won. Well, as long as you don't bring up "Jesus" - any other religion or belief system is fine, just not the one that the bedrock and foundations of this great country was built on.

Go figure.
paula

Garland, TX

#11 Sep 17, 2008
JOSH HOWARD is very rude and should not
be a dallas maverick wedont need that kind.
Richard379

United States

#12 Sep 17, 2008
Marvelous. And guys like this get paid to play on professional sports teams in this country? What do you want to bet that the Mavericks won't fire him? After all, winning basketball games is more important than patiotism, isn't it?

JMO, but I won't patronize any business or sports team that is or employs workers who are openly anti-American. Over the top, you say? My priorities are this Nation first; sports second. I think that about covers it.
From Europe

Lewisville, TX

#13 Sep 17, 2008
Some id.... wants Howard to play in Europe...He is to good for them.
Incident with Anthem. Leave Josh alone. He is good guy. Let him be. Or watch him play basketball if you like that game. And - Enjoy it.
Everything else is just a politics...
P Towers

United States

#14 Sep 17, 2008
He's black ok,send him back to Africa.
Motorcyclesanta

Justin, TX

#15 Sep 17, 2008
He called himself the N word himsilf. He should be arrested for treason and deported.
Howard needs to be traded

Southlake, TX

#16 Sep 17, 2008
He is not a quality person or player. We can win without him.
Toilet Fruit

Irving, TX

#17 Sep 17, 2008
Get rid of this arrogant, disrespectful piece of $%&#.
darla parker

New York, NY

#19 Sep 17, 2008
If he hates this country send him to Iraq. He should not be allowed to play with the Mavericks. Let someone else take his place. We (both black and white) have fought for this country so his spoiled butt can play basketball. Get Rid of HIm.
Pat

Arlington, TX

#20 Sep 17, 2008
If Mr Howard doesn't like this country, he should leave! He makes me SICK!
Honore

Dallas, TX

#21 Sep 17, 2008
Cubin remarks "...what you think you said on camera is never what people will hear when it shows up on YouTube or TV." Sorry Mark, we hear just fine. We hear you as well and you dismissive slap on the wrist. How sad.
Martin

Dallas, TX

#22 Sep 17, 2008
Sounds like it's time to trade Josh Howard!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 12
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Josh Howard Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
NBA Rumors: Why the New York Knicks Should Sign... (Sep '12) Sep '12 BUSTER GILES 2
Saunders, Wizards are going camping (Mar '11) Mar '11 larry brown 1
Fans vent anger as Wizards lose (Feb '11) Feb '11 d-licker 1
Thornton remains uncertain of what role he'll b... (Oct '10) Oct '10 andre 1
Timberwolves win third straight as late run top... (Feb '10) Feb '10 t puppies biggest... 6
Portland 114, Dallas 112: Miller scores 52 to l... (Feb '10) Feb '10 Wade 2
Jason Terry's 3-pointers help Mavericks to pres... (Oct '09) Oct '09 markusik 1
More from around the web