Pacers need to slow opponents' scoring

Pacers need to slow opponents' scoring

There are 14 comments on the The Indianapolis Star story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Pacers need to slow opponents' scoring. In it, The Indianapolis Star reports that:

The question isn't whether the Indiana Pacers can score enough points to win. Their offense often flows like water, rinsing away the grimier elements of their play.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Indianapolis Star.

Jeremy Johnson

Douglasville, GA

#1 Jan 23, 2008
I wonder if Harrison is going to mow down some bong hits to celebrate his activation? I also wonder how much he will get overpaid on the free agent market this offseason?
Pacer Love

Indianapolis, IN

#2 Jan 23, 2008
Jeremy Johnson wrote:
I wonder if Harrison is going to mow down some bong hits to celebrate his activation? I also wonder how much he will get overpaid on the free agent market this offseason?
Nice one...did you come up with that on your own??

The Pacers are on the verge of playing really good basketball and are looking to make a solid 2nd half run!! Keep up the good work!!!
gopacers

Dayton, OH

#3 Jan 23, 2008
Pacer Love wrote:
<quoted text>
The Pacers are on the verge of playing really good basketball and are looking to make a solid 2nd half run!! Keep up the good work!!!
I would rather them have a bad second half of the season, potentially recieve a lottery draft pick, and turnover a majority of the roster. Even if they do make it to the playoffs, there is no way they can play with Detroit and Boston's talent. Its a lose-lose situation if they make it to the playoffs, but a lose-win if they dont.
SWT-500

Plainfield, IN

#4 Jan 23, 2008
Jeremy Johnson wrote:
I doubt anyone will touch Harrison. Remember when Larry expressed surprise that he was still available? Got fooled again. As for the Pacers defense, are you kidding me? They must have spent 30 seconds figuring that out.
Dee

Portsmouth, VA

#5 Jan 23, 2008
Does anyone play defense in the NBA?
Old Roy

Newport, KY

#6 Jan 23, 2008
I can't even comment on this team anymore.
indyrick

United States

#7 Jan 23, 2008
SWT-500 wrote:
<quoted text>I doubt anyone will touch Harrison. Remember when Larry expressed surprise that he was still available? Got fooled again. As for the Pacers defense, are you kidding me? They must have spent 30 seconds figuring that out.
I wonder if he will play a high post ? >
Louisville Pacers

Bardstown, KY

#8 Jan 23, 2008
Here's an interesting idea - O'Neal and Tinsley to Sacramento for Brad Miller and Mike Bibby. We could certainly use Mr. Miller's toughness and defense under the boards.
Whatchu talkin bout

Indianapolis, IN

#9 Jan 23, 2008
Now THERE's an insightful headling for you. It must as simple as:
1. slow down your opponents scoring.
2. score more than your opponents.
boogie man

Indianapolis, IN

#10 Jan 23, 2008
boo!!
Gary

Dayton, OH

#11 Jan 23, 2008
gopacers wrote:
<quoted text>
I would rather them have a bad second half of the season, potentially recieve a lottery draft pick, and turnover a majority of the roster. Even if they do make it to the playoffs, there is no way they can play with Detroit and Boston's talent. Its a lose-lose situation if they make it to the playoffs, but a lose-win if they dont.
The Pacers have plenty of young talent. Playoff experience would be way more beneficial than adding a draft pick at this point.
Gary

Dayton, OH

#12 Jan 23, 2008
Old Roy wrote:
I can't even comment on this team anymore.
You just did.

Please, practice what you preach.
Gary

Dayton, OH

#13 Jan 23, 2008
O'Brien indicated he won't hesitate to play Harrison off the bench. "He gives us a low-post presence that we need."

Really? I watch/listen to every single Pacers game and I can't think of a time when Harrison did anything besides foul.

Play Ike. With consistent minutes he is silly good.
Anthony

Dartmouth, Canada

#14 Jan 23, 2008
Gary wrote:
Play Ike. With consistent minutes he is silly good.
Thnak you . Somone sees

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Josh Childress Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Suns win bidding for forward Luis Scola Jul 15,... (Jul '12) Jul '12 Ginobili 1
News Suns send Timberwolves to 14th straight loss, N... (Apr '11) Apr '11 The Wrath of Kahn 14
News Former Aggie Keys finds success in basketball o... (Jun '10) Jun '10 tony olivas 6
News All the right moves (Aug '09) Aug '09 just some 1 1
News Greek team offers 2-year deal to Knicks' Robinson (Jul '09) Jul '09 Drew Brown Bundini 22
News Stephon Marbury headed for Greece? (Jan '09) Jan '09 Tiffany 6
News nba hot shots (Nov '08) Nov '08 You SUCK 1
More from around the web