No opponent yet for Cavaliers

No opponent yet for Cavaliers

There are 8 comments on the Akron Beacon Journal story from May 2, 2007, titled No opponent yet for Cavaliers. In it, Akron Beacon Journal reports that:

It turns out the Cavaliers will have to wait a little while before being assigned a new opponent, which is exactly the way they want it.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Akron Beacon Journal.

Temple-Man

Warren, NJ

#1 May 2, 2007
The Nets and Raptors are even more inconsistent than the Cavaliers. With a decent effort we should whack either one of these teams.
Kidd, Carter and Jefferson are all dangerous, but winning just doesn't seem to matter all that much. A comfy limo ride and a hot bubble bath await whether they win or lose.
I'd be embarrassed to have Chris Bosh as my best player. He's as timid as 10-year old girl out there. He reminds me of the kind of "star" Cleveland used to have. I'm glad those days are over. Let's beat these guys!
Josh

New Philadelphia, OH

#2 May 2, 2007
I'd rather see toronto, now that they're all banged up. They look wide-eyed and wet behind the ears, kinda like us last year. Plus their only 2 point guards are banged up.

Bosh is a REAAAL nice Forward tho. he's just a normal young player, not a polished 22 year old superstar like Lebron. We forget in Cleveland (which is mind-boggling) that there is only one Lebron James, and that we are beyond fortunate to have him.

People will remember that draft as one of the greatest ever. The whole top 5 could end up in the HOF when it's all said and done (even dark-horse Darko).

“Serenity Now!”

Since: May 07

York Township, OH

#3 May 2, 2007
I'd much rather see Toronto. I think we could dispatch them in five or six games.

With New Jersey, I see a long slugfest. We'll probably drop one of the first two at home and then win Game 3 or 4 at New Jersey. It'll come down to whoever rises to the occasion those last three games.

We saw LeBron elevate to another level in last year's playoffs and I think he'll do it again this year. I say stick Ira Newble on Vince Carter, Hughes/Snow combo on Kidd, and let LeBron try to deal with Jefferson on the other end. Z, Gooden, and Varejao should be able to outplay the Nets' bigs.

I'll take the Cavs in 7.
tra bel

Prentice, WI

#4 May 2, 2007
Can Cavs just barely win performance in Washington sweep be performed against nets? Not if Net's hot 4th quarter play in their games against Toronto is any show of the coming match. Afraid it will be 1-4 Nets Win!(better luck next year Cavs)
LeThargic -Queen- James

Avon Lake, OH

#5 May 2, 2007
Good, because I'm TIRED! I have to keep my mom in line so she doesn't get arrested again.
Josh

New Philadelphia, OH

#6 May 3, 2007
You've gotta be kidding me...are you serious? Last time the Cavs played the Nets in the regular season, they beat em by 30 and Lebron sat down with 8 mins left in the 4th quarter!!!

I have an idea...either start watching the games or DONT FLAP YOUR GUMS ON MESSAGE BOARDS. Take your pick.
Sammy

Toronto, Canada

#7 May 4, 2007
Brittle Fingers wrote:
I'd much rather see Toronto. I think we could dispatch them in five or six games.
With New Jersey, I see a long slugfest. We'll probably drop one of the first two at home and then win Game 3 or 4 at New Jersey. It'll come down to whoever rises to the occasion those last three games.
We saw LeBron elevate to another level in last year's playoffs and I think he'll do it again this year. I say stick Ira Newble on Vince Carter, Hughes/Snow combo on Kidd, and let LeBron try to deal with Jefferson on the other end. Z, Gooden, and Varejao should be able to outplay the Nets' bigs.
I'll take the Cavs in 7.
Dispatch Cavaliers. Stop talking smack.Look what happened to Dallas. Moron

“Serenity Now!”

Since: May 07

York Township, OH

#8 May 5, 2007
Sammy,

It'd be nice if you had a couple of reasons why your Raptors would beat the Cavs. I actually have some ammo to back me up.....

The Cavs won the season series between the two teams, including a win at Toronto. The Raptors have (oops, they're out now....HAD) no playoff experience, while the Cavs were tested last year. The Cavs would also have the best player in the series (LeBron) who Toronto has shown they can't guard.

Any response? Well, I doubt it, since you'll probably never check this thread anymore after the Raptors got knocked out last night.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jose Calderon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News NBA Rumors: Knicks Interested In Trading For Ja... (Aug '15) Aug '15 Fart news 2
News Should Toronto Raptors Retain Dwane Casey as He... (May '13) May '13 Javid 1
News Kyle Lowry looks good in Raptors debut (Oct '12) Jan '13 mike 2
News Five Game Win Streak Raises Questions (Jan '13) Jan '13 mike 2
News Landry Fields - Signing Analysis (Jul '12) Jul '12 eddie rodriguez 1
News Raptors disappear in much of the fourth quarter... (Mar '12) Mar '12 Scourge-of-the-windy 1
News Toronto Raptors: Is Derrick Williams Worth Trad... (May '11) Jul '11 Jate 3
More from around the web