Former Laker Farmar says signing with the Nets was an easy decision

Full story: Daily Breeze 22
Leaving home and the two-time defending champion Lakers for the NBA's worst team was a rather easy decision for Jordan Farmar. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Thank you

Oxnard, CA

#1 Jul 15, 2010
Effing sellout! Good riddance! I will boo the heck out of you whenever you come back to LA! Farmar will definitely regret this decision. It's not about playing more, it's all about the money for him.
Moving On

United States

#2 Jul 15, 2010
Good for him he was a fine person with the lakers and he will be with the nets.
Wilmington Born

Las Vegas, NV

#4 Jul 15, 2010
Now, that's a smart move on his part. Not only will he start, but, the 3 million will get him 8 million in his forth year. With Blake, and Fisher signing, it was time for him to branch-out. I wish him the best, and will always be a fan of his.
Joedan Who

United States

#5 Jul 15, 2010
Jordan FarmEr is a selfish hypocrite. He whined about wanting to go someplace where he could START and show of his (so called) skills, but yet all he could do is find one of the worse teams in the NBA to offer his the very same role as a back up point guard and now he claims to be happy?

Jordan take the money and invest it wisely, I dont see you getting too many contract offers after this one ends. No one is gonna want a back up on a last place team. Even the Nets will either draft a top player, or trade for one either way your gonna be out of a job.

Until then enjoy being on a losing team. Oh and just for the record, The Lakers are much better off with Steve Black then you on the team, at least he says he just wants to be on a winning team. That Jordan is what you call an UNspefish TEAM player.
ray

Los Angeles, CA

#7 Jul 15, 2010
He wanted the money and he got it. He'll find out it is no fun getting your butt kicked night in and night out.
tcredondo

Torrance, CA

#8 Jul 15, 2010
To all Farmar haters--u r nuts! Sellout?? Ridiculous, cause the Lakers didnt want him.And thats the stupid but lucky Lakers--Steve Blake?? LOSER. And D Fisher?? 36 going on 70, after 100 years in the league he still hasnt developed a right hand.
Kelli

United States

#9 Jul 15, 2010
Anyone who criticizes a player for leaving a team has no effing clue.

For us it's entertainment. For players it's their career. For owners it's a business.

Have any of you critics ever left a job? Did that make you a sell out?

The average IQ of sports fans must about 30.
Brian

Plymouth, PA

#11 Jul 15, 2010
Lets see, the Lakers let Farmar hit the free agency market and then they signed Steve Blake. There isn't a spot left for Farmar anymore. The Lakers clearly improved their guard position with an excellent 3 pointer and he does have more experience than Farmar too.

Yes Jordan Farmar said he wants to play, but why not get some cash while he's young. Maybe he'll get more playing time than some of you jealous haters think?

Think about how many of you haters have switched jobs to make an extra $1 or $2 an hour.
Brian

Plymouth, PA

#12 Jul 15, 2010
Kelli wrote:
Anyone who criticizes a player for leaving a team has no effing clue.
For us it's entertainment. For players it's their career. For owners it's a business.
Have any of you critics ever left a job? Did that make you a sell out?
The average IQ of sports fans must about 30.
Well said!
Chili Con-Carne

Torrance, CA

#13 Jul 15, 2010
goodbye snarkey
Saxonics

Houston, TX

#14 Jul 16, 2010
Its simple, your on the bench, another player or two come in and your deeper on the bench. A team, ANY TEAM wants YOU. They make you an offer and give you a 3 year deal. You accept and move back up the bench. OK, its the nets. He's there and we're not. Guess i'm speaking from experience. Offered a Scholarship in football to a few Pac 10 schools. USC was a top 3 (poll) in the nation with returning starters for a good 3 years. Go with them and sit my whole career with Championships and rings or go to another Pac 10 school and START. Hmmmmmmm, c'mon folks, who the heck wants to sit on the darn sidelines for 4 years. I went in and started for Oregon for 3 years. OK, i guess i sound bitter, but anybody who has ever been an athlete can or should understand Farmars situation. On the other hand,if he sits for the 3 years, disregard this and even i will say he was an idiot....lol.

Since: Jul 08

Location hidden

#15 Jul 16, 2010
PV Dude wrote:
"The only way to play in this league is to play"
Hmmm ... Brilliant analysis, big ears.
Typical UCLA moron.
Fight on!
Don't you mean "Cheat on?"
Sparky

Long Beach, CA

#16 Jul 16, 2010
Farmar can blab all he wants to about opportunuty, etc., but the fact that stands out is that he wasn't smart enough or talented enough to deal with the triangle offense.
Longo Bongo

Long Beach, CA

#17 Jul 16, 2010
For $4 million per year, I'd be fine with people calling me a "sellout" or any other derogatory terms.
Go Lakers

United States

#18 Jul 17, 2010
tcredondo wrote:
To all Farmar haters--u r nuts! Sellout?? Ridiculous, cause the Lakers didnt want him.And thats the stupid but lucky Lakers--Steve Blake?? LOSER. And D Fisher?? 36 going on 70, after 100 years in the league he still hasnt developed a right hand.
Derek Fisher has 5 NBA championship rings and next year he will probably have one more. How many other point guards in NBA history can say that?

The Lakers picking up Blake was a great move. FarmEr was unhappy and wanted to leave, so the Lakers went out and got a BETTER player who is just happy to be on a winning team no matter his role. This will make the Lakers a stronger team having a TEAM PLAYER like Blake on it.

The only part of team jordan farmEr took pride in was the M and E (ME) part of TEAM.

Go Lakers!
Andre Bryant

New Haven, CT

#19 Jul 20, 2010
Farmar played sluggish the last 2 seasons for a reason..... He gonna go hard at flake, i meant blake!! Watch

South Milwaukee, WI

#21 Jul 30, 2010
tcredondo wrote:
36 going on 70, after 100 years in the league he still hasnt developed a right hand.
LOL!!! you're right... but he's holding all championship rings on that UNdeveloped right hand... lol... and laughing all the way to the bank. cuz i am sure you dont have a million dollar contract of any kind...

South Milwaukee, WI

#22 Jul 30, 2010
Longo Bongo wrote:
For $4 million per year, I'd be fine with people calling me a "sellout" or any other derogatory terms.
no amount of money is worth losing who I am.
kevin

Tustin, CA

#23 Aug 8, 2010
I hear ya, Jordan should go and prove to his old team, and the league he is a true capable starter in the NBA. As for those who give him a hard time, he already did that to himself, champs to goats. I would love to see him flourish and make something out of that bottom feeding team, no better story than the home town guy becoming a hero out of town. But....I would have NEVER left the Lakers! He now gets to spend winter in Jersy....oh is he in for a big surprise.
Laker Fan

United States

#24 Aug 9, 2010
Glad he is gone... We have an even stronger team without him...

Interesting how Brown just signed for less money and with content with his role! Now that is a team attitude!

Good luck being a second stringer for the worse team in the NBA! You prove players like you are only about the money!

GO LAKERS!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jordan Farmar Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Purim spoof: Jewish NBA player "Completely not ... (Feb '12) Feb '12 five_david 1
Nets Downed By Nuggets (Jan '12) Jan '12 dem 1
Nets Guard Jordan Farmar Eager To Play In Israel (Aug '11) Aug '11 bugaloo 1
It's official: Kardashian and Humphries wed (Aug '11) Aug '11 joe 1
NBA Trade Rumors: Do New Jersey Nets Have the P... (Jul '11) Jul '11 Arvis Lincoln 2
Nets 107, Timberwolves 105: Nets get 21 assists... (Apr '11) Apr '11 fracas 5
Nets beat Raptors 116-103 in Europe's 1st NBA game (Mar '11) Mar '11 College Hoops Fan... 2

Jordan Farmar People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE