John Salmons and Brad Miller adjusting quickly to Chicago Bulls

John Salmons smiled at the question: Describe Brad Miller 's game. After a long pause - and another smile - Salmons drew out the syllable in the first word of his answer for emphasis: "Very deceptive." Asked to return the assignment, Miller didn't hesitate one bit. Full Story
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Mr Belvedere

Lincolnshire, IL

#1 Mar 19, 2009
"I've never been the type of scorer who takes a lot of shots because my shots need to come within the context of the offense for me to succeed," Salmons said. "I try not to force shots."

Clip and Save, Ben Gordon. These are words you need to have carved on your forehead. Please no more attempted one-on-one dribble drives, and quick contested shots.

As for Deng vs. Salmons, to me there is no debate. Salmons is the better fit for this offense than Deng. KC said it in his mailbag and I completely agree. Deng is a system player, like most former Dukies, who can't create his own shot, or handle the ball all too well. Salmons can do those things, and hit from long range.

And let's be honest here, Deng will test his injury and decide to have surgery. He only agreed to "Active Rest" because he didn't want to come off looking like a total nob. And he still wants to play for GB over the summer, despite everyone saying it's not a good idea. So he's gonna be injured again next season guaranteed. I have no doubt he will be a good NBA player once consistently healthy, and within the right offensive system, but I don't see it happening on the Bulls, and Pax needs to see if there's a taker for him in the offseason.
Brian

Carol Stream, IL

#2 Mar 19, 2009
u mean like a Grant Hill type player ?

This is a @@@ NO NADA ZONE @@@
Jim

Skokie, IL

#3 Mar 19, 2009
I love the Bulls. Miller and Solmans have been just Great! D. Rose has played well for his firet year. The city should be proud of how well they have done. I also hope we pick-up another big time player. Tim Thomas was a good pick-up.
Tony T Bone

Lincoln, IL

#4 Mar 19, 2009
Brian wrote:
u mean like a Grant Hill type player ?
This is a @@@ NO NADA ZONE @@@
Every site or zone should be.What a worthless waste of space this pud takes up on our planet.
ATLDre

Atlanta, GA

#5 Mar 19, 2009
Mr Belvedere wrote:
"I've never been the type of scorer who takes a lot of shots because my shots need to come within the context of the offense for me to succeed," Salmons said. "I try not to force shots."
Clip and Save, Ben Gordon. These are words you need to have carved on your forehead. Please no more attempted one-on-one dribble drives, and quick contested shots.
As for Deng vs. Salmons, to me there is no debate. Salmons is the better fit for this offense than Deng. KC said it in his mailbag and I completely agree. Deng is a system player, like most former Dukies, who can't create his own shot, or handle the ball all too well. Salmons can do those things, and hit from long range.
And let's be honest here, Deng will test his injury and decide to have surgery. He only agreed to "Active Rest" because he didn't want to come off looking like a total nob. And he still wants to play for GB over the summer, despite everyone saying it's not a good idea. So he's gonna be injured again next season guaranteed. I have no doubt he will be a good NBA player once consistently healthy, and within the right offensive system, but I don't see it happening on the Bulls, and Pax needs to see if there's a taker for him in the offseason.
What Gordon have you been watching?? He is playing defense, not forcing shots and deferring to the hot player. Why don't you and Scott Skiles move on? In the actual games you would see Salmons has forced more shot than Bg since his arrival but why let the facts get inthe way of two year old bias.?
Shorewood

Shorewood, IL

#6 Mar 19, 2009
Heck of a trade Pax made to get these guys. Guess maybe we ought to keep Pax around a while longer.

Nice going, Pax.[And, VDN, too.]
Stretch

Oak Park, IL

#7 Mar 20, 2009
ATLDre wrote:
<quoted text>
What Gordon have you been watching?? He is playing defense, not forcing shots and deferring to the hot player. Why don't you and Scott Skiles move on? In the actual games you would see Salmons has forced more shot than Bg since his arrival but why let the facts get inthe way of two year old bias.?
Gordon does NOT play d. But he is a true scorer and should be resigned. The bulls do need to find a taker for Deng and keep rose gordon salmons tthomas noah. but does resigned tthom gordon and salmons keep us out of bosh/amare next year?
ProfessorGAC

Morris, IL

#8 Mar 20, 2009
ATLDre wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Dre,
I think you might be confusing finally be willing to try playing defense, and actually playing it.

Ben is still a poor defender. He still can't anticipate a screen, still doesn't fight through one very well, is slow on switches on picks, and is late to passing lanes when his guy doesn't have the ball.

The difference between today and two years ago, is that at least Ben is making the effort to play some D. He's just not very good at it.
the truth is out there

Matteson, IL

#9 Mar 20, 2009
good trades for this team. Now the bulls need to go get quaterback Jay Cutler........o wait thats the bears that still suck.
BULL4EVER

Los Angeles, CA

#10 Mar 20, 2009
How bout them boys from the windy city?????I'm looking forward to seeing Boston or Cleveland in the postseason whether Chicago wins or losses because this is the windy city and this Bulls team would so much rather go gown in the postseason than in the regular season, may they give either one of those two teams a hell of a fight come postseason time.GO BULLS.
Mgray

Atlanta, GA

#11 Mar 20, 2009
What date is Paxson resigning?
Barth

United States

#12 Mar 20, 2009
ATLDre wrote:
<quoted text>
What games have YOU been watching? While I definitely think Gordon has helped us more than he's hurt us, he's still losing the ball by over-dribbling and going one on one.
Mattchew

Chicago, IL

#13 Mar 20, 2009
As much as everyone thinks Deng is expendable because of how much better Salmons is they have to think a little bit about the future of this team. Salmons is 29 years old and has one more year on his contract. He is a good player who works hard and handles the ball well. What he gives us is options should the Bulls not re sign Ben Gordon. I say let Gordon go if he thinks he is worth 10 million plus a season. He is a great scorer but too small and weak defensively for a 2 guard. I'd like to see Salmons play some 2 guard with him and Deng on the floor at times. I know he is a 3 but with his ball handling skills and decent defense he could roll with a lot of 2's in the league. Once all that money comes off the books for 2010 we can target a big man such as Chris Bosh or Amare and still have money to resign Salmons or Tyrus Thomas. Or we can make a big trade this summer for one of the marquee guys.

Since: Dec 08

Chicago, IL

#14 Mar 20, 2009
Mgray wrote:
What date is Paxson resigning?
Why do you ask this here? Because he made trades that have turned out better than just about anyone expected?
Mgray

Atlanta, GA

#15 Mar 20, 2009
caffeinater wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you ask this here? Because he made trades that have turned out better than just about anyone expected?
Paxson is a stiff. Are the Bulls competing 4 a title this year?
David

Charlotte, NC

#16 Mar 20, 2009
Deng is a non-issue. If he's healthy and ready to go, let him play back into the rotation. He hasn't really shown us anything the past 2 years.

And 10 mil for Ben Gordon is outrageous. The Bulls were the only ones willing to pony up that kind of money the past 2 years, and Ben still thinks he deserves franchise money.

Win or lose in the postseason, let's just get there. Go BULLS!!
David

Charlotte, NC

#17 Mar 20, 2009
Just how many teams are playing for a title this year in the East? Besides Boston and Cleveland, everyone else is looking up. With Rose coming in, i always thought of this year as a feeling out and re-building year. Postseason for some of our younger players would be invaluable experience.

All i'm saying is, just b/c they're not necessarily playing for a title doesn't mean that the year is a bust or a total loss.
Mgray wrote:
<quoted text>
Paxson is a stiff. Are the Bulls competing 4 a title this year?
Larry Hughes

La Puente, CA

#18 Mar 20, 2009
Yeah go Bulls!!
Rod from Tennessee

AOL

#19 Mar 20, 2009
I really don't see where Vinny has such a tough decision once Deng returns. Do you play someone just because their salary's the highest, or do you play someone because they're the better player? Seems pretty simple to me. You play Salmons, the better player, and you leave Reinsdorf and Paxson to deal with the fact they chose to overpay Deng. Del Negro's job is to put the best players on the court which gives the team the best chance to win, not to try and justify mngt.'s blunders.
charles

South Whitley, IN

#20 Mar 20, 2009
bulls should hire obama as their new mascot, since he's the biggest clown in washington.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

John Salmons Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cousins' double-double lifts Kings over Wizards (Jan '13) Jan '13 cold cat 1
Marquez knocks out Pacquiao in 6th round (Dec '12) Dec '12 Ginobili 2
Bucks get F Maggette from Warriors (Jun '10) Jun '10 J nice 3
Why Michael Redd Should Never Play for the Milw... (May '10) Jun '10 matt 2
Milwaukee Bucks: Hawks fend off elimination wit... (May '10) May '10 BILL 6
Salmons scores 22, Bucks roll over Hawks 107-89... (Apr '10) Apr '10 meow 1
Pierce scores 24, Celtics beat Bucks 105-90 in ... (Apr '10) Apr '10 Bucks fan 1

John Salmons People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE