Miami Heat turnaround

Miami Heat turnaround

There are 20 comments on the South Florida Sun-Sentinel story from Apr 14, 2009, titled Miami Heat turnaround. In it, South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that:

Miami - Rare is the NBA team that rallies around a cry of "We're number five!" Then again, so is what the Heat accomplished with its historic revival from last season's league-worst 15-67 finish.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

Schlepie

Boca Raton, FL

#1 Apr 14, 2009
Great job fellas, can't wait till Tuesday?!!
czar of the watercooler

Warsaw, IN

#2 Apr 14, 2009
i think quinnie sparked the surge.

w/o him patting people on the butt, Nothing would have happened.
Slim

United States

#3 Apr 14, 2009
Heat are average. Come on, they battled a 76er team with Iguadala and 11 scrubs for the 5th spot.

In the West, they would be behind Shaq and the Suns with a strong hold on the 10th seed.

They went from worst to average.

Not impressed.
pugtv

Canoga Park, CA

#4 Apr 14, 2009
Self delusion.

Last year was a D-League team. One can't compare the two.

We're an average team. Let's get over ourselves.
mydrick taylor

Miami, FL

#5 Apr 14, 2009
im speechless if this man dwayne wade does not when MVP the the league is obsurd
westernfin

Sunnyside, WA

#6 Apr 14, 2009
Rather " Dolphinesk" I would say !

One heck of a job by all involved.
Defender

United States

#7 Apr 14, 2009
insipid dimwit

Delray Beach, FL

#8 Apr 14, 2009
i am NOT impressed by one guy on an average team scoring all these points because no one else can. people who claim he's an MVP? LOL! he's like 6th or 7th on the list.
Surfin Beagle

Asia/Pacific Region

#9 Apr 14, 2009
So many loosers in one rip. I love this team, I always did. I love the fact that the heat are in a better seat than the bulls. I was in China for the olympics, and watched Wade. He was THE reason we won. I'f you don't know that then you probably like Cleveland or LA. We are in. now lets se what a series can do, we have youth, we have history now, and most of all we have WADE.
Heatastic

New York, NY

#10 Apr 14, 2009
Didn't take me long to see with the Olympics and about 4 games into this season with a home game vs the Pacers - that DWade was my MVP. Real simple folks - take DWade, Kobe, and LeBron off their teams. Lakers and Cavs most likely would still make the playoffs - the Heat wouldn't. Next question.
Fish Fan

Miami, FL

#11 Apr 14, 2009
insipid dimwit wrote:
i am NOT impressed by one guy on an average team scoring all these points because no one else can. people who claim he's an MVP? LOL! he's like 6th or 7th on the list.
6th or 7th? Your insane. D-Wade has single handedly brought the Heat from worst in the league to a 5 seed, while leading the league in points, and being better in almost every other statistical category than the other MVP contenders. Lakers were in the Finals last year. The Cavs were a strong playoff team. Take Kobe or LeBron off those teams and they could still get in. Take Wade off the Heat and we're in last place again for sure.
juanp

Boca Raton, FL

#12 Apr 14, 2009
Slim wrote:
Heat are average. Come on, they battled a 76er team with Iguadala and 11 scrubs for the 5th spot.
In the West, they would be behind Shaq and the Suns with a strong hold on the 10th seed.
They went from worst to average.
Not impressed.
Hey Genius,
They beat the Suns twice.
insipid dimwit

Delray Beach, FL

#13 Apr 14, 2009
Fish Fan wrote:
<quoted text>
6th or 7th? Your insane. D-Wade has single handedly brought the Heat from worst in the league to a 5 seed, while leading the league in points, and being better in almost every other statistical category than the other MVP contenders. Lakers were in the Finals last year. The Cavs were a strong playoff team. Take Kobe or LeBron off those teams and they could still get in. Take Wade off the Heat and we're in last place again for sure.
1. Lebron

2. Kobe

3. Paul

4. Howard

5. I'm sure there's someone who fits here.

6. Wade
Slim

United States

#14 Apr 14, 2009
"Hey Genius,
They beat the Suns twice."

The Heat would still would be behind the Suns in the West.

The Mavs beat the Heat twice this season and they are barely gonna make it as the 8 seed in the West.
kenny

Auburn, WA

#15 Apr 14, 2009
Heatastic wrote:
Didn't take me long to see with the Olympics and about 4 games into this season with a home game vs the Pacers - that DWade was my MVP. Real simple folks - take DWade, Kobe, and LeBron off their teams. Lakers and Cavs most likely would still make the playoffs - the Heat wouldn't. Next question.
okay, but the point isnt to make it to the playoffs, its to win the title...and which of the three teams doesnt have a chance? the heat...its not how bad your team would be without a player, its how good that player can make a team, lebron has the cavs at 67 wins...NOBODY could take this current cavs team any higher than lebron, and that is the point.
kenny

Auburn, WA

#16 Apr 14, 2009
Fish Fan wrote:
<quoted text>
the cavs went 0-9 without lebron last year, he had a better statistical season than d wade is having this year, and his team won more games...if he didnt win the MVP last year, than no way d wade wins it this year.
Slim

United States

#17 Apr 14, 2009
Enough with the D Wade talk of MVP.

Kobe had better stats with less talent around him with the same record in a tougher conference, just a couple of years ago. He got no consideration.

He did this with Luke Walton, Kwame Brown, and Smush Parker as starters!

Sorry Wade, you'll have to do alot more.

Then again it is popularity vote, and he is the NBA poster boy.
heatastic

AOL

#18 Apr 14, 2009
Hey Kenny up in WA - where the hell is that? Bummed your team went to OK? No - you're missing the complete point. Go back and read it more slowly. DWade does what NOBODY else in the league can do. By your standards - Wade already has a championship - LeBron not yet. Your incessant whining about the Heat is borderline retarded. You're officially on IGNORE.
kenny

Auburn, WA

#19 Apr 14, 2009
heatastic wrote:
Hey Kenny up in WA - where the hell is that? Bummed your team went to OK? No - you're missing the complete point. Go back and read it more slowly. DWade does what NOBODY else in the league can do. By your standards - Wade already has a championship - LeBron not yet. Your incessant whining about the Heat is borderline retarded. You're officially on IGNORE.
where is seattle washington? how about the smartest city in the country 3 years running...how about 40+ years of basketball history, and yes i am upset about the sonics leaving, but i am an all around bball fan, so i still love the nba...and what does he do that nobody else can?
kenny

Auburn, WA

#20 Apr 14, 2009
usually if a player REALLY deserves MVP, he will get at least a 1/3 of first place votes, like last year when it was real close between paul and kobe...but this year, its probably gonna be 75 15 and 10...75% 1st place votes for lebron, 15% first place votes for kobe, and 10% firstplace votes for wade...his team is better than given credit for...wade may make his teams record better, but unlike lebron, he DOESNT MAKE HIS TEAMMATES BETTER!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Joel Anthony Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Ask Ira: Is Haslem an answer for Heat rebounding? (Feb '13) Feb '13 kingjones38 1
News Ask Ira: Is there room for another big man in H... (Sep '12) Sep '12 Ginobili 3
News Former UMass Minuteman Marcus Camby interested ... (Jul '12) Jul '12 Ginobili 2
News Miami Heat Get the Easy Route (May '11) May '11 The Heatles 15
News Bring on Boston: Wade scores 26 and Heat win 1s... (Apr '11) Apr '11 MarkL5 2
News Miami Heat's LeBron James still fond of facing ... (Dec '10) Dec '10 walleye 1
News Heat need a rally to beat CSKA Moscow, 96-85 (Oct '10) Oct '10 World of Basketball 1
More from around the web