Wade rises to challenge

This wasn't about squaring off with Shaq for the first time since last season's trade. Full Story
florida native

Miami, FL

#1 Nov 29, 2008
i watched the whole game on espn last night and it was great to see wade back to the way he was playing before the knee injury as well as how he and shaq greeted each other last night. let their friendship mbe ok off of the court but whenplaying against each other friendship is set aside. i also think wade playing in the olympics has helped him to get back into nba shape. it was a great game to watch ans d wad was something to watch out on the court.
Heatastic

AOL

#2 Nov 29, 2008
Wade was heatastic! Spo made the right move moving UD back to his natural position. Hopefully between Anthony and Maglorie in the middle it'll provide a better balance until perhaps the next big deal hits. The small ball concept can still be used as a change of pace when necessary during the flow of the game. Beasley needs to hit the weight room and put on about 15-20 lbs of muscle for next year. He'll turn out great with this team by 2010.
dduck

Pompano Beach, FL

#3 Nov 29, 2008
Great game Wade was awesome and the Defense was much better with Joel in the game.

The Beasley whiners are out in full force after this one. the man has to earn it; that will make him great.

This team can make the playoffs and if Beasley develops we will be very tough by the end of the year.
Frank

United States

#4 Nov 29, 2008
According to Windbag (Ira,) this was not a good win, because "their best player" was not running. They only had dime-a-dozen players like Shaq, Stoudamire, Barbosa and Diaw pitted against our potential Hall of Famers, like Anthony, Magloire, Diawara and Cook.

The NBA should not allow this disparity.

What hurts the most is that once I thought that Ira was the best beat writer that I have come across.

I must have been high.
juanp

United States

#5 Nov 29, 2008
Get a life!
Frank wrote:
According to Windbag (Ira,) this was not a good win, because "their best player" was not running. They only had dime-a-dozen players like Shaq, Stoudamire, Barbosa and Diaw pitted against our potential Hall of Famers, like Anthony, Magloire, Diawara and Cook.
The NBA should not allow this disparity.
What hurts the most is that once I thought that Ira was the best beat writer that I have come across.
I must have been high.
Steve

Melrose, MA

#6 Nov 29, 2008
hopefully this starting lineup change is permanent, it gives us a chance to win, no more being outsized.... and it makes our bench stronger.

Beasley and Cook are explosive off the bench and could be very important for us....... this move could allow Chalmers to be more of a creator too secondary to Wade, and will really get Marion going, he could average close to 20ppg from here on out with Wade having figured out how to play with him and Joel subbing for Beasley in the starting lineup making Matrix more of a focal point scorer.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Joel Anthony Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ask Ira: Is Haslem an answer for Heat rebounding? (Feb '13) Feb '13 kingjones38 1
Ask Ira: Is there room for another big man in H... (Sep '12) Sep '12 Ginobili 3
Former UMass Minuteman Marcus Camby interested ... (Jul '12) Jul '12 Ginobili 2
Miami Heat Get the Easy Route (May '11) May '11 The Heatles 15
Bring on Boston: Wade scores 26 and Heat win 1s... (Apr '11) Apr '11 MarkL5 2
Miami Heat's LeBron James still fond of facing ... (Dec '10) Dec '10 walleye 1
Heat need a rally to beat CSKA Moscow, 96-85 (Oct '10) Oct '10 World of Basketball 1
More from around the web