Riley irked by doomsayers

There are 12 comments on the Nov 2, 2007, South Florida Sun-Sentinel story titled Riley irked by doomsayers. In it, South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that:

Heat coach Pat Riley said what took the court in Thursday's season opener against the Pistons hardly was a finished product.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

Shaq

Makati, Philippines

#1 Nov 2, 2007
Chopped liver are the right words, they might not even win against Washington this year!
OHH

Miami, FL

#2 Nov 2, 2007
Another florida team that will have a great record this season.
kenny g

Seoul, Korea

#3 Nov 2, 2007
Why do role players need to help Shaq and Wade all the time. Those two get paid 35 milliion dollars. Put any two players in the league who get paid like that in Heat in place of Shaq and Wade, Heat have instant championship team. Even today, the other players played better than Pistons, except Shaq. Quit talking about Heat needing more help for Shaq and Wade. It's about time Shaq and Wade start helping the other 13 players. Get real. Think of any team, including San Antoni and Dallas, and take out their two best players with 35 million salary...they would be a trash. If San Anotoni has Duncan playing like Shaq and parker out...they would be horrible. Take a look at that squad without them two. There is no way to fix this thing except Shaq and Wade have to play like they get paid...because in NBA...they have hard CAP. You only have certain amount of money to spend.
LETS GO HEAT

Hialeah, FL

#4 Nov 2, 2007
How about Ricky Davis? He looked pretty good and showed the most hustle in the team.
RickyBlaque

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#5 Nov 2, 2007
I am not sure that even Dwayne Wade can save the Heat this season. Shaq is not a svelte 325 as we were led to believe. He is not chiseled like we were told and I wonder what his body fat level is. It seems Shaq is getting special treatment and his body fat level was graded on a curve.

There does't appear to be any chemistry or enthusiasm right on this team right now. I do like the Mark Blount addition as a backup power forward because he can shoot from distance. Ricky Davis at the 3 when Wade returns might actually help offensively. I think the defensive execution is terrible and the Heat should prepare for a lower playoff seed. A trip to the lottery would actually be a good thing because maybe then they can get lucky and actually draft some talent.
Communism is My Life

United States

#6 Nov 2, 2007
You were saying, Pat the Rat???Why don't you and tne Phat Lazy both get tjhe hell out of here, renounce your bogus contracts (paid for past, not present or future, performance), and give the team a real chance for success?? I thought not. Greed breeds bas karma, which always wins out in the end. 2006 is but a memory.
HeatFanPH

Philippines

#7 Nov 2, 2007
Team Sucks!!!!! Make a Deal!!! I think Guard meed a overhaul!!! it very frustrating coah only ricky davis was scoring! there no one else doing it bench is very deeper than other team wat the hell it not deeper is useless common coach sign chris webber sign chris webber!!!! sign allan houston!!!!!! try make a deal!!!!
Reality

Miami, FL

#8 Nov 2, 2007
RickyBlaque wrote:
I am not sure that even Dwayne Wade can save the Heat this season. Shaq is not a svelte 325 as we were led to believe. He is not chiseled like we were told and I wonder what his body fat level is. It seems Shaq is getting special treatment and his body fat level was graded on a curve.
There does't appear to be any chemistry or enthusiasm right on this team right now. I do like the Mark Blount addition as a backup power forward because he can shoot from distance. Ricky Davis at the 3 when Wade returns might actually help offensively. I think the defensive execution is terrible and the Heat should prepare for a lower playoff seed. A trip to the lottery would actually be a good thing because maybe then they can get lucky and actually draft some talent.
Wow you have already predicted the season through one game. Give me a break, there are 81 games left in the year. The heat will do fine and Shaq will play great this year.
Reality

Miami, FL

#9 Nov 2, 2007
Communism is My Life wrote:
You were saying, Pat the Rat???Why don't you and tne Phat Lazy both get tjhe hell out of here, renounce your bogus contracts (paid for past, not present or future, performance), and give the team a real chance for success?? I thought not. Greed breeds bas karma, which always wins out in the end. 2006 is but a memory.
Man what Karma without Shaq and Riley there would be no title.
DA DOLFAN

Miami Beach, FL

#10 Nov 2, 2007
WE SHOULD TRADE SHAQ...FOR YOUNGER PLAYERS
Babak

Westlake Village, CA

#11 Nov 3, 2007
What a shame,.. The guy gets paid millions, why won't he stay FIT??????
CAROLINA MAN

Boca Raton, FL

#12 Nov 3, 2007
DA DOLFAN wrote:
WE SHOULD TRADE SHAQ...FOR YOUNGER PLAYERS
HOW DO YOU TRADE AN OLD RUN DOWN CAR THAT DOES NOT RUN HALF THE TIME?
SHAQ IS UNTRADEABLE!!!!!!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Joel Anthony Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Ask Ira: Is Haslem an answer for Heat rebounding? (Feb '13) Feb '13 kingjones38 1
News Ask Ira: Is there room for another big man in H... (Sep '12) Sep '12 Ginobili 3
News Former UMass Minuteman Marcus Camby interested ... (Jul '12) Jul '12 Ginobili 2
News Miami Heat Get the Easy Route (May '11) May '11 The Heatles 15
News Bring on Boston: Wade scores 26 and Heat win 1s... (Apr '11) Apr '11 MarkL5 2
News Miami Heat's LeBron James still fond of facing ... (Dec '10) Dec '10 walleye 1
News Heat need a rally to beat CSKA Moscow, 96-85 (Oct '10) Oct '10 World of Basketball 1
More from around the web