Wade on his play: 'I think this is the best I've ever been'

Full story: South Florida Sun-Sentinel

Dwyane Wade leads the NBA in scoring average for the first time in his career. Yet it is everything in addition to the points that has Wade playing at what he considers his highest level yet.
Comments
1 - 9 of 9 Comments Last updated Dec 6, 2008
Not Sure

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2008

This is a very fun team to watch; hope they stay healthy and continue to grow and hopefully have a nice playoff run this season. Kudos to everyone from management to players.
dennis

Fort Lauderdale, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2008

no question. right now, He is the game's best player. Lebron is no.2 with Kobe at no. 3 but better then 06. I'm not ready to say that yet. But it's still early. He outshined all the other stars in the Olympics. And it has carried over in the season. But it's still early. From July of 08 till the present, He has clearly been the best player in the world. Even though he's much less heralded, because of the public's love affair with the other 2
KSB

Greece

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2008

dennis wrote:
no question. right now, He is the game's best player. Lebron is no.2 with Kobe at no. 3 but better then 06. I'm not ready to say that yet. But it's still early. He outshined all the other stars in the Olympics. And it has carried over in the season. But it's still early. From July of 08 till the present, He has clearly been the best player in the world. Even though he's much less heralded, because of the public's love affair with the other 2
Totally agree! If he stays on his current pace, there is no reason for me to think why we wouldnt have our first league MVP in franchise history. He is on, or near the top, of almost every statistical category, and is doing it with less than most other superstars have.
heatastic

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2008

Like I said after the Pacer game - he's the MVP. NOBODY can do what he does. His natural quickness and reaction time within a nano second sets him apart. There's really been NOBODY quite like DWade.
Sam

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2008

Wade is definitely playing lights out. Who knows how long he'll be able to carry this team though. They are vastly undersized and the team is completely different when he is not on the floor. I actually wish we would have drafted Mayo instead of Beasley. Mayo just makes more sense for this team. He will be another star in this league.
dennis

Fort Lauderdale, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2008

I have to remind everyone. Wade "did" make a play for Mayo last summer, but the Heat went another way. I vividly recall a rookie Charles Barkely however.As well as a rookie Elton Brand, and A rookie Scottie Pippen.None of these players hit the ground running; but took time to develope. as opposed to guys like Magic, Bird,Jordan, and Tim Duncan. Beasley is still a "work in progress". Our assesments may change come April or this time next year. He, and the team, seems to flourish in this 6th man role however. I'm excited. We have two rookies,who should only improve, that have injected a spark back in the Franchise. I'm just going to sit back and watch this thing play out before I start pounding the table... Let's go Heat!
mcl

Clermont, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2008

Getting off the subject for a bit, the Magic are looking to add a pg, we need a center. Trade Banks ($4.6 mill) and D. Cook ($1.5 mill,) for Tony Battie, then we could sign Marbury for the min plus we could throw in another player and try to get them to give us JJ Reddick.

Our Line up (and East. conf champs)

pg: Marbury/Chalmers(doesn't matter who starts)Quinny

sg: Wade/reddick
sf: Marion/ Diawara(J. Jones when healthy)
pf: Haslem/Beasley
C : T. Battie/Anthony/Zo

can we get vangundy to agree to this trade?

Since: Dec 08

Auburn, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2008

dennis wrote:
He didnt outshine all the other stars in the olympics...Kobe and Lebron outshined him, he just had a few highlight reel plays, and the only reason he is putting up these numbers is because Kobe and Lebron arent even playing in the 4th quarters anymore...when kobe and lebron had to play last year and 06 they both put up even better numbers then what wade is doing now
MIA HooLigan

Miami, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2008

the fed wrote:
<quoted text>
He didnt outshine all the other stars in the olympics...Kobe and Lebron outshined him, he just had a few highlight reel plays, and the only reason he is putting up these numbers is because Kobe and Lebron arent even playing in the 4th quarters anymore...when kobe and lebron had to play last year and 06 they both put up even better numbers then what wade is doing now
Kobe outshined who in the Olympics? What are you smoking, bra. Kobe didnt do anything the entire olympics. He had ONE good game and the rest he just sat and barely got noticed. Lebron was just forcing everything. While wade was on the bench and still managed to get a higher PPG then those two. Sense you bringing up 06, yeah something else happend that year. Heat Champions and Wade got his ring, Where's Lebrons?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Joel Anthony Discussions

Search the Joel Anthony Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Ask Ira: Is Haslem an answer for Heat rebounding? (Feb '13) Feb '13 kingjones38 1
Ask Ira: Is there room for another big man in H... (Sep '12) Sep '12 Ginobili 3
Former UMass Minuteman Marcus Camby interested ... (Jul '12) Jul '12 Ginobili 2
Miami Heat Get the Easy Route (May '11) May '11 The Heatles 15
Bring on Boston: Wade scores 26 and Heat win 1s... (Apr '11) Apr '11 MarkL5 2
Miami Heat's LeBron James still fond of facing ... (Dec '10) Dec '10 walleye 1
Heat need a rally to beat CSKA Moscow, 96-85 (Oct '10) Oct '10 World of Basketball 1
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••