Lack of size, abundance of turnovers ...

Lack of size, abundance of turnovers costs Heat

There are 18 comments on the South Florida Sun-Sentinel story from Nov 12, 2008, titled Lack of size, abundance of turnovers costs Heat. In it, South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that:

The Portland Trail Blazers appeared to enjoy all the attractions Wednesday at Tiny Town.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

sad

Juana Diaz, Puerto Rico

#1 Nov 12, 2008
poor wade....only player that can do anything on the heat...he's goin to get run down........take out wade miami loses every game by 40
john

Salem, OR

#2 Nov 12, 2008
Blazers are on a roll, don't feel bad - the Heat are just one of many that will fall
scottfinfan

United States

#3 Nov 13, 2008
The Heat simply have too much dead weight on the present roster. Diawara, Dorell, Blount, Joel, Banks. Livingston is not 100%, so you need to count him as not helping (at the present time). You just can't compete night in and night out with this type of no-talent roster. Just look at the Blazers, for comaprison. Look at the numbers they throw out. Aldridge, Roy, Rudy F, Rodriguez, even freakin Stevie Blake and Prizbilla would be upgrades for us. Then they hit you with Outlaw and the Frenchman (can't think of his name) for D and energy. I won't even mention Oden because he is clearly not up to NBA speed yet, but will be a monster, no doubt, at least on the defensive end. Now, that is how you build a roster. I have always been a Pat Riley fan and supporter, but when you look at what he has brought to this current team, it is clearly not getting the job done. Diawara is a freakin joke. What did he see in this guy? We are so outmatched and out manned, it is a wonder that we are 4-4. Obviously, that is 99.9% because of D. Wade. I see him wearing down by the break if they don't get him some help. And, please not Marion. I think Charles Outlaw could put up similar numbers to Marion for the Heat. And at a lot cheaper price tag.
The People of Florida

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#4 Nov 13, 2008
We simply need Magloire, Zo and McDyess in the middle
Heatastic

New York, NY

#5 Nov 13, 2008
Broken record....small ball won't work 100% of time.
Florida sucks balls

Bronx, NY

#6 Nov 13, 2008
Should have selected OJ MAYO.
juan

Santa Clara, CA

#7 Nov 13, 2008
naw man we just need another big that's all that's the most important thing right now we can't keep playing haslem at center not wit the western conference either
Go Fish

Clermont, FL

#8 Nov 13, 2008
Ha @ Tiny Town.
bill

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#9 Nov 13, 2008
Wade needs help the heat needs size tell fans that help is on the way
DaTruth

Hollywood, FL

#10 Nov 13, 2008
With all this "dead-weight", the Heat were still able to compete and almost pull out the upset if it werent fro some key shots by rudy fernandez. Wade was our offense, but he knows, even the opposing teams know that, yet he cant be stoped. The Heat is moving in the right direction, and i'm proud that this Heat team were able to keep up with a way better talented team than the Heat. This was a good game nonetheless defensively, where the Heat went on defensive lockdown for some minutes looking like a real pesky team. As the season goes along, the defense will only get better and the offense will only imporve as the rookies get more and more comfortable in the system.
miaimian

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#11 Nov 13, 2008
where is ZO?
juan

Santa Clara, CA

#12 Nov 13, 2008
we just need a good center that's all we don't really need another point guard even though it would be nice 2 upgrade but right now a big is all that's important 2 this roster

Since: Jul 08

Reynoldsburg, OH

#13 Nov 13, 2008
if MIA has a chance next year maybe they should draft hasheem thabeet
RipCitySon

West Linn, OR

#14 Nov 13, 2008
Wade: 36 points
Roy/Rudy: 47 points
Trail Blazers: So deep put her butt to sleep
Trace Man

United States

#15 Nov 13, 2008
This Blazer Team has only scratched the surface of their potential, good game by wade.
Steve

Chelsea, MA

#16 Nov 13, 2008
Wade is a MONSTER.

Good game for him, not even a great game...... damn near an average game for him because he's been that damn phenomenal the entire season (and summer as the best player on team USA)

Get this boy some help. If you got Caron Butler and Marcus Camby in here to replace Beasley and Marion then Wade would have this team competing for a championship and winning 60 games while putting up averages of 29/7/6 (+1.5blocks and 2.5 steals each game.... on 50% fg's with a 95 d-rating and 34 PER)

When healthy only Lebron is as dominant. Period!
mydrick taylor

Hollywood, FL

#17 Nov 14, 2008
this is totally correct the heat have no size in the center position they have mark blount who really needs to work on his defense but i think the heat should really play this guy because they need some size at that center position but whem jamaal magloire is healthy and ready to play then some of that talking about we have no power and size in at center position will be shut up
zarr

Philippines

#18 Nov 14, 2008
Man, Im so impressed with Dwyane Wade. he is a freakin beast! best player in the nba? Perhaps. Most exciting? Definitely, by a mile! Look at how he moves out there, I have never been excited about a player since MJ. je looks like thsoe video games in the 90's those Run 'n Gun arcade games where all they do is crossover and drive and weave thri traffic. He look slike a superhero out there. Superman is back in the building!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Joel Anthony Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Ask Ira: Is Haslem an answer for Heat rebounding? (Feb '13) Feb '13 kingjones38 1
News Ask Ira: Is there room for another big man in H... (Sep '12) Sep '12 Ginobili 3
News Former UMass Minuteman Marcus Camby interested ... (Jul '12) Jul '12 Ginobili 2
News Miami Heat Get the Easy Route (May '11) May '11 The Heatles 15
News Bring on Boston: Wade scores 26 and Heat win 1s... (Apr '11) Apr '11 MarkL5 2
News Miami Heat's LeBron James still fond of facing ... (Dec '10) Dec '10 walleye 1
News Heat need a rally to beat CSKA Moscow, 96-85 (Oct '10) Oct '10 World of Basketball 1
More from around the web