Heat guard Cook heading to minors?

Heat guard Cook heading to minors?

There are 57 comments on the South Florida Sun-Sentinel story from Feb 24, 2008, titled Heat guard Cook heading to minors?. In it, South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that:

Apparently, Daequan Cook's time finally might be coming. Just in another time zone.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
OLD BBLR

Delray Beach, FL

#45 Feb 25, 2008
hoopster wrote:
<quoted text>
yea right, the only thing you dribble are deez nutz
You idiot, you got on the wrong site again! You should be on the Obama article. We were talking about basketball!
grade B plus

AOL

#46 Feb 25, 2008
...at trade deadline. Again, getting rid of Shaq's contract makes for a salvagable future only IF Riley can get a great draft choice plus another stud together with Marion (if he wants to stay)to surround Wade with. Wade simply cannot carry a NBA team - sorry- not possible.
BJR

Boca Raton, FL

#47 Feb 25, 2008
15 for 66 wrote:
according to BJR, our best outside shooter is 15 for his last 66...that wouldn't get him playing time at ohio state..Oh thats right, he was on the bench at O-state
Thats right how many last second threes
has Jwill or Ricky hint or Dwade made this year. Your just repeating the crap that comes out of rileys ass.
Bjr

Boca Raton, FL

#48 Feb 25, 2008
I would just like to see what his stat would be if he could get as many minutes as Ricky or Jwill every night. And not have to worry about being yank from the game and banish to the bench until the next injury forces rileys hand.
Godfrey

Warner Robins, GA

#49 Feb 25, 2008
I just do not want Riley anyway near a top pick. Riley, like shaq is chasing his legacy at the expense of his players.

The bad thing is that the guy he will appoint to replace him will not do any better UNLESS he is allowed to play his own style of bball.

Macadoo a hall of fame player is relagated to keeping stats, while "lil eric" gets the nod.
amartin

Atlanta, GA

#50 Feb 25, 2008
heatup wrote:
15 for 66...wow Cook really hit the rookie wall..can't blame riley for that and don't give me that BS pressure excuse, there's pressure every night in the NBA...maybe this trip will be good for him
PAT RILEY 26 FOR 27...... GO HOME PAT.
WeikeTe

Flagtown, NJ

#51 Feb 25, 2008
I strongly suggest HEAT should be dismissed asap.
Pat Riley be fired, and go away!!!
thon

Philippines

#52 Feb 25, 2008
go on coach, just do wat u think s d best 4 d team..gudlak!!
mike

Philippines

#53 Feb 25, 2008
its a good thing to build up confidence in the d league.
just keep believing in himself.
he'll make it back.
Jared Goldstein

AOL

#54 Feb 25, 2008
D.Cook was top 10 in the rookie rankings in the first 3 months of the season. He was #5 for a few weeks. Daequan is a great young player that just needs some experience. In a few years Daeqaun can be an all-star. Riley needs to take his head out of his ass and play him again. The season is over as far as the playoffs concern, so whats the point of sending Daequan to the d-league???? It's stupid. There's no better eperience other than NBA action. The d-league will do nothing for Daequan other than show taht he can score 20 a game on the minor league level. The bottom line is Daequan Cook should be playing for the Miami Heat not the d-league.
Jay

Bowling Green, OH

#55 Feb 25, 2008
I know where minutes could become available for Cook...bench Ricky "I never learned how to pass the ball" Davis. There's probably a 99% chance he won't be there next year and he isn't even productive while he's on the floor. Every rookie goes through a slump, he just has to play through it. If Riley believes in people getting demoted in times when they are struggling, then maybe HE should be demoted to assistant coach, or water boy.
daequan

Pompano Beach, FL

#56 Feb 25, 2008
Cook wrote:
Riley should be sent down to the "D" league.
HAHAHAHA - that's awesome!
THE REALITY

Pompano Beach, FL

#57 Feb 26, 2008
PAT RILEY SUCKS!

BE THANKFUL VAN GUNDY!

GOOD THINGS COME TO THOSE WHO WAIT OR ARE OSRTACIZED.
hoopster

United States

#58 Feb 26, 2008
OLD BBLR wrote:
<quoted text>
You idiot, you got on the wrong site again! You should be on the Obama article. We were talking about basketball!
Obama???yo mama..old turdburgler
15 for 66

United States

#59 Feb 26, 2008
BJR wrote:
<quoted text>
Thats right how many last second threes
has Jwill or Ricky hint or Dwade made this year. Your just repeating the crap that comes out of rileys ass.
Riley is a Hall of Fame coach...WHO ARE YOU???thats right nobody, just another hater idiot on a blog that thinks he knows more than a HOF coach
Jeff

Columbus, OH

#60 Feb 26, 2008
Riley is a jackass-
country boy

Milan, TN

#61 Feb 27, 2008
Okay so Cook goes to D-League, right? But Heat still is losing games,why? Let's start with poor defense, no team play, old players,a head coach who is stuck in L.A mentally, oh yea no Shaq. But there's still a problem Coach has of playing young players (check his record).When a team is losing a player tends not to be at his best, ask Wade and Shaq.When a team is winning everyone is on top of his game, ask Wade or Shaq. This team problem when they moved out players that brought energy and points to the game. The one guy who is hurt by Coach not thought out moves is Shawn marion who should had went to a western team. Miami is hurting from the head office down to it's players,and I don't mean Cook. Cook is a rookie and will have good days and bad days from learning pro basketball. Coach is a proven Coach with a great track record who should know by now the pro basketball in's and out's. Everyone on that team need to do a self assessment of how they can bring it every night. Do you play Cook more, I don't know. Is Cook ready for NBA,yes.Do Cook need a Coach that can coach his abilities,yes and that would be a coach like Phil Jackson who seem to let his players and teams play through their down strectes. My granny would say, "don't blame the meal for being bad, blame the cook." No pun intented! We must blame Coach for Cook's play and the Heats slide this season.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Joel Anthony Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Ask Ira: Is Haslem an answer for Heat rebounding? (Feb '13) Feb '13 kingjones38 1
News Ask Ira: Is there room for another big man in H... (Sep '12) Sep '12 Ginobili 3
News Former UMass Minuteman Marcus Camby interested ... (Jul '12) Jul '12 Ginobili 2
News Miami Heat Get the Easy Route (May '11) May '11 The Heatles 15
News Bring on Boston: Wade scores 26 and Heat win 1s... (Apr '11) Apr '11 MarkL5 2
News Miami Heat's LeBron James still fond of facing ... (Dec '10) Dec '10 walleye 1
News Heat need a rally to beat CSKA Moscow, 96-85 (Oct '10) Oct '10 World of Basketball 1
More from around the web