Miami Heat: Michael Beasley's talent ...

Miami Heat: Michael Beasley's talent comes through in game six

There are 19 comments on the South Florida Sun-Sentinel story from May 1, 2009, titled Miami Heat: Michael Beasley's talent comes through in game six. In it, South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that:

He put his fist in the air now, high in the air on a night he mattered in the way Dwyane Wade has been waiting Michael Beasley to matter this series.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

dave

Boca Raton, FL

#1 May 1, 2009
Why is this article so poorly written? Was Dave Hyde drunk when he wrote this?
LIL Spoelstra

Pompano Beach, FL

#2 May 1, 2009
Looks like the street thugs can play basketball too, you fat Azz radio voice of the Hawks! Have some cheese with that WHINE! See you ATL jerky.
john

Detroit, MI

#3 May 1, 2009
you are wrong. beasily is not the difference maker. it is whether wade shows the heart to drive to the basket and get to the line 17 times----putting the other team in foul trouble and forcing them to pack it in opening the outside for others. he has gotten to jumpshot happy. the difference he makes in the nab, the thing that sets him apart from 99% of others is his ablility to get to the rim. tell him to man up and stop cowardly settling for jumpshots... if jordan or magic had to drive to win they did it everytime. wade has to get serious.
Commentarius Maximus

Boca Raton, FL

#4 May 1, 2009
To quote the venerated fashion mogul Jacobim Mugatu: "I feel like I'm taking crazy pills!"

Is this a serious article? Has all of the media coverage of the Beasley issue over the last 6 months been some sort of twisted joke on Heat fans? Is this some sort of profound conspiracy that will only be revealed as the end of days unfolds before us?

How anyone can be surprised that Beasley played well when given 36 minutes of playing time is a riddle that the greatest minds on earth are utterly incapable of solving.
MKey

Passaic, NJ

#5 May 1, 2009
"Mike took more shots than me,'' Wade said, looking at a stat sheet, comparing his 11-of-23 shooting to Beasley's 11-of-25. "That's a first, right there."

What a dumb thing to say, Wade. First of all, if you count the FTs you took in the game, you'd see that Beasley didn't take more shots than you. Add 8 of those shots that you got fouled on and you got 31 shot attempts to Beasley's 27.
Caveman

Pompano Beach, FL

#6 May 1, 2009
This one was all Wade and Joel Anthony. Beasley stepped it up but he goes to the rim way too soft, he's a;ready had a few shots blocked to oblivion for playing around in the paint. Go hard in the Paint!!! When Wade goes in the paint the Heat win. When Oneal plays good in the paint we win. Forget this 3 point crap, leave that to Jones and Cook. Wade should not be starting off shooting 3 pointers. The formula has been discovered, now you must take it up to Atlanta and take the heart out of their chests! Who cares if we lose to the Cavs next round, we only won 15 games last year, what the hell else can you ask for?

“Beyond all comprehension”

Since: Dec 06

The Moon

#7 May 1, 2009
Keep it up Beasley . Confidence , consistency , and pace .
Go Heat !!
Tee

Miami, FL

#8 May 2, 2009
I agree with Caveman on Beasley going to the rim. The reason he doesn't get to the line more is he goes in to soft. All that said it was good that he showed up last night, he really has been MIA in this series. And can someone tell me when Cook is going to show up? If he played better they could give Wade more rest. Let's see if they can go in to the ATL and win a must win game?
Abovereality

Vero Beach, FL

#9 May 2, 2009
Tee wrote:
I agree with Caveman on Beasley going to the rim. The reason he doesn't get to the line more is he goes in to soft. All that said it was good that he showed up last night, he really has been MIA in this series. And can someone tell me when Cook is going to show up? If he played better they could give Wade more rest. Let's see if they can go in to the ATL and win a must win game?
Mr. Misinformed. Beasley had a double double in the 1st game and that's when everyone was off. His shots were off the 2nd game with limited minutes. The 3rd and 4th game, he played 8 and 11 minutes. He played decent minutes the 5th game and had 18 pts and almost had a double double. He played 36 minutes and had 22 and 15. My point is Beasley produces when he gets a decent amount of playing time. Stop being so critical of the young man. He always show up when haslem is injured or in foul trouble. That's how he got the playing time. He wouldn't have played that long if haslem wasn't in foul trouble. I do agree about what was said about wade. He needs to attack. I don't mind the jumpshots, but in the playoffs, the low post and attacking the rim has always been successful. A matter of fact, I don't really see anyone get an offensive rebound on beasley, but we do see it happen to haslem like last night. The veterans needs to step up on this team and stop blaming the young guys because no team puts a lot of responsibility on rookies in the playoffs unless they don't have a choice. Go heat and good day. Wade attack!
Abovereality

Vero Beach, FL

#10 May 2, 2009
Tee wrote:
Beasley scores 22 pts and 15 boards and you still complain. Wow! There were 2 blks on Beasley. The last 1 came from a post up play where Beasley was about to make a nice bank shot off of a beautiful spin and a help defender came from the blind side and got it. No one has any control of that. 50% of the shots he made were at the rim. Stop being 1 of the small majority who is complaining about the 20 yrs. old kid. Wade needs to continue attacking and Haslem needs to stop letting the other team get offensive rebounds. Go heat and Wade attack!
Hyperdude

Covington, LA

#11 May 2, 2009
The beas has a long way to go he's still a puppy. He hasn't been smacked around or teased enough to become a mean dog yet. H e looks nonchalant at times and misses easy shots or gets them blocked. Wade must be frustrated because he doesn't know which night the rest of the team will show up.
He needs a consistant co-star
Pat Van Dyke

Covington, LA

#12 May 2, 2009
Too many role players to win consistantly. Heat gets blownout in game 7 in Atlanta.
The difference is Atlanta has 3 or 4 players that can make it happen.
The heat 2 players that can help in a big way, when they show up
Mike Oxbig

Warsaw, IN

#13 May 2, 2009
heat will blow away the atlanta dorks

as the tin salesmen say....trust me
DOM

Miami, FL

#14 May 2, 2009
We would have had him ready if SPO did the right decision in FEB when JO came and started beas, and brought UD in for defense and the 2-3 jump shots he hits per game. UD is still a great asset as all champ teams need that defender off the bench with experience. SPO NEEDS TO START HIM NOW- PERIOD---
DOM

Miami, FL

#15 May 2, 2009
Hyperdude wrote:
The beas has a long way to go he's still a puppy. He hasn't been smacked around or teased enough to become a mean dog yet. H e looks nonchalant at times and misses easy shots or gets them blocked. Wade must be frustrated because he doesn't know which night the rest of the team will show up.
thats what we are building for with beasley. in 2010, when we add 1 more allstar to go next 2 (3rd yr Micheal), we are gonna be a tough team.
john

Homestead, FL

#16 May 2, 2009
Why is it that we are putting so much pressure on this kid shoulders.? We talk about the leaders of the team in Haslem and Wade and when they have a bad game we automatically say well beasley needs to step up. Or we say that he's not playing well. This is the first game that beasley has actually gotten quality minutes in this series. And people are all over him saying he hasn't played well. There is a conflict on this team. Why not point the finger at the coach who did a horrible job in game four and five. It's all fine and dandy when this team wins but everything falls back on the 20year old when they lose? What about chalmers and his play. He hasn't done anything significant in this series. He's been in foul trouble more then anybody. He's only facing bibby and he's struggling this much. What will happen when he has to against mo williams? Come on people we are looking at this team in a backward fashion. ONe thing that i would suggest if we lose this series is to go out and get andre miller who is a free agent. Chalmers is not the answer folks. You heard it here first.
B-boys

Seoul, Korea

#17 May 2, 2009
john wrote:
you are wrong. beasily is not the difference maker. it is whether wade shows the heart to drive to the basket and get to the line 17 times----putting the other team in foul trouble and forcing them to pack it in opening the outside for others. he has gotten to jumpshot happy. the difference he makes in the nab, the thing that sets him apart from 99% of others is his ablility to get to the rim. tell him to man up and stop cowardly settling for jumpshots... if jordan or magic had to drive to win they did it everytime. wade has to get serious.
Give Wade a little break. he is a little guy that has driven inside throughout his career, carrying the Heat on his back. Sure, he has developed that 3 pointer and he has fallen in love with it. But, just trust Wade. He knows his game better than anyone else. He is smart. He is not like some guys that take jumper after jumper just praying for it to get in. And you gotta give hawks some credit too. They know there isn't anyone else on the Heat that'd gonna beat them They know they have to stop Wade and let other people beat them. They are packing it in...daring Wade to shoot from outside. But, in the end...Wade is still going to drive to the basket when it matters the most. There isn't anyone in the world that is better. On a side note, I really like the way Heat, Riley, the coaches, Wade, and Haslem, the two captains, are bringing along Beasley. We all know that he is a great talent. But, Riley wants him to deveolop Heat type of tough faced basketball style and metality. The last game was a result of that. Riley will trade him away in a heart beat if he feels this talented rookie doesn't have the playoff metality. And Beasley responded with a great game. And, oh, heat are much better without lackluster 23 million dollar center who gets 1 or 2 rebounds on a bad night and 5 or 6 rebounds on a good night. And Anthony is a lot better on defense and in getting back and defending the basket. The team was a whole lot better,especially on defense that is the key to success in the playoffs, before trading away Marion for Oneal.
B-boys

Seoul, Korea

#18 May 2, 2009
Pat Van Dyke wrote:
Too many role players to win consistantly. Heat gets blownout in game 7 in Atlanta.
The difference is Atlanta has 3 or 4 players that can make it happen.
The heat 2 players that can help in a big way, when they show up
When they show up? Are u talking about the Hawks or Wade. Wade is a guy that carried the team to the second round during his rookie year and won the championship MVP...we all know he showed up. But, what about the Hawks, when is the last time they showed up in the second round of the playoffs. It seems never, doesn't it? Wade is going to knock them off and send them homre for early vacation again. You heard it here, but of course, it isn't much of a surprise since you expect that from wade regardless of the supporting cast (when he is healthy). And they have a nice rookie, Besley, and a team heart and soul, Haslem, and NBA 3 point champion Cook.
B-boys

Seoul, Korea

#19 May 2, 2009
Hyperdude wrote:
you got that right. I think Wade is frustrated because he knows what it takes and it's not in Beasley's happy-go-lucky-smile-till-blue -in-the-face look. I think Wade wants someone who is as serious as he is at basketball, playoffs, winning, and championship. I think it's frustrating for Wade to constantly try to motivate or tell him to put on a straight face so the opponents don't think you're a pus**y. Guys like Oneal has never won anything in the playoffs even though he made it to all star six of seven times and there is a reason for that. That kind of guys don't know what it takes to win like Wade, haslem, Riley, Jackson, Jordan,Bird, Mchale, Thomas, Magic, mourning, Shaq...these guys have one thing common..once the game starts...they are strickly business...like going to a war. That is what it takes. Wade knows that first hand. And he is frustrated when a guy as talented as Beasley is taking something away from the team's serious approach by goofing off and not paying attention to details and looking like he doesn't care. I am sure he does care. But, it does matter that he show that so the atmosphere and the Heat playoff culture. Look around the league all the winning teams and championship teams are ultra competitive, focus, and serious look to them. Jackson nd Bryant are not satisfied with the Lakers even after knocking off a very good Utah team in five. All the happy go lucky teams are watching the game on TV from Bahamas.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Joel Anthony Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Ask Ira: Is Haslem an answer for Heat rebounding? (Feb '13) Feb '13 kingjones38 1
News Ask Ira: Is there room for another big man in H... (Sep '12) Sep '12 Ginobili 3
News Former UMass Minuteman Marcus Camby interested ... (Jul '12) Jul '12 Ginobili 2
News Miami Heat Get the Easy Route (May '11) May '11 The Heatles 15
News Bring on Boston: Wade scores 26 and Heat win 1s... (Apr '11) Apr '11 MarkL5 2
News Miami Heat's LeBron James still fond of facing ... (Dec '10) Dec '10 walleye 1
News Heat need a rally to beat CSKA Moscow, 96-85 (Oct '10) Oct '10 World of Basketball 1
More from around the web