Miami Heat lost at the start in Portland

Miami Heat lost at the start in Portland

There are 19 comments on the South Florida Sun-Sentinel story from Nov 26, 2008, titled Miami Heat lost at the start in Portland. In it, South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that:

Upon returning home for the first time as an NBA head coach, Erik Spoelstra noted, "It's still a business trip for me." It certainly wasn't a pleasure trip.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

juan

Jonas Ridge, NC

#1 Nov 26, 2008
i heard this game was 2 cold to watch
delbert

Hollywood, FL

#2 Nov 27, 2008
Sorry “no offense” but the whole team should be arrested for impersonating a NBA franchise.

What a disgrace.
Sad

Miami, FL

#3 Nov 27, 2008
delbert wrote:
Sorry “no offense” but the whole team should be arrested for impersonating a NBA franchise.
What a disgrace.
I agree thats just plain old fraud
DA TRUTH

Port Saint Lucie, FL

#4 Nov 27, 2008
PATHETIC!!! Where's Riles???? What happens when D Wade gets hurt???
Wade County

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#5 Nov 27, 2008
Please trade Marion and get me a big!
Rumble Bee Ray

Dawsonville, GA

#6 Nov 27, 2008
How could the Heat put a product such as this on the floor in any arena in the NBA? This reminds me of the 07 Dolphins,the big difference is that the Dolphins did something about it for 08, what has the Heat done?
OLD PRO

Delray Beach, FL

#7 Nov 27, 2008
Wade County wrote:
Please trade Marion and get me a big!
Looks as if Marion is the glue for this team! I would be relunctant to trade him without one more piece so when he is out, they don't fall apart!
Glen

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#8 Nov 27, 2008
Some of you thought the Heat is a playoff team? Wake up people....it's the same garbage.
Heatastic

AOL

#9 Nov 27, 2008
My two cents....Spo needs to take a risk. Opposing teams are simply locking down on DWade to the point where nobody else really is an offensive threat especially down in the post. So what makes teams like the Celtics, Suns, or Hornets tick? Spo needs to junk that high double post offense only when Chalmers is playing and give him the green light to penetrate the paint to see if he can pull it off like Rondo, Nash, and Paul do. Something needs to happen to create openings offensively or else it'll be a season of Wade vs 5.
GO HEAT

Brooklyn, NY

#10 Nov 27, 2008
HEAT WILL rebound form this loss and win the NBA Finals.
joe2

Pompano Beach, FL

#11 Nov 27, 2008
ok, it's obvious we need a trade. im not saying trade d.wade, but we need a trade. to many small forwards on this team. damn whoever needs a small forward holla at da heat!
Cool

Miami, FL

#12 Nov 27, 2008
Heat administration wake-up!! You have to put together a better team than this. What a joke!!
big dog

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#13 Nov 27, 2008
we just need a big or two, if you can't rebound in this league, you have no shot. get marion's ass outta here...pick up kaman or something, the clippers got extra bigs. and wade ain't staying around with this garbage lineup in 2010, plus the fans aren't even showing up, so why should he stay? if we go .500 this season i'd be shocked, because it would be all wade all season to do it
GO HEAT

Brooklyn, NY

#14 Nov 27, 2008
Miami Heat= 2008-09 NBA Champions
Reverse Trade

Hollywood, FL

#16 Nov 27, 2008
Can we send Marion and Banks back for Shaq.
Reverse Trade

Hollywood, FL

#17 Nov 27, 2008
16 ppg, 10 reb, 3 blocks and 2010 expiring contract sure looks good now
WillSmithSr

United States

#18 Nov 27, 2008
A "BOY" is coaching spoiled rotten rich men, what did you expect? Lots more games like this in the future and no break in sight. If it acts like a joke, plays like a joke and finishes like a joke, guess what sports fans? Its the Miami Heat!
GO HEAT

Brooklyn, NY

#19 Nov 27, 2008
F00K THE ORLANDO a MAGICS...
TheWorstGuy

Hialeah, FL

#20 Nov 27, 2008
Glen wrote:
Some of you thought the Heat is a playoff team? Wake up people.**** it's the same garbage.
UHHH...actualy we are the 8th seed as of now

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Joel Anthony Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Ask Ira: Is Haslem an answer for Heat rebounding? (Feb '13) Feb '13 kingjones38 1
News Ask Ira: Is there room for another big man in H... (Sep '12) Sep '12 Ginobili 3
News Former UMass Minuteman Marcus Camby interested ... (Jul '12) Jul '12 Ginobili 2
News Miami Heat Get the Easy Route (May '11) May '11 The Heatles 15
News Bring on Boston: Wade scores 26 and Heat win 1s... (Apr '11) Apr '11 MarkL5 2
News Miami Heat's LeBron James still fond of facing ... (Dec '10) Dec '10 walleye 1
News Heat need a rally to beat CSKA Moscow, 96-85 (Oct '10) Oct '10 World of Basketball 1
More from around the web