three reasons the orlando magic should worry this week

The Orlando Magic left for Atlanta Sunday afternoon following practice looking like a car driving down the highway with one flat tire. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
chuck ornellas

United States

#1 Jan 29, 2007
our problem is that we have no real leader on the floor. someone that pushes the team and leads by example as well as wrods. jamier will become that guy but he isn't that guy now.

brian hill is not the "in your face kind of guy" and nether is grant hill

fix our problem by trading for darell armstrong and you will see our team intesity improve and our win resord will follow. jamier will have someone to learn from which should give the magic a lasting result from an easy trade with results today.
Great Drafting

Apopka, FL

#2 Jan 29, 2007
the reason we are losing is b/c the only guy that can create his own shot (ariza) is injured. you reap what you sow, and the completely inept drafting of the last several years (except dwight's year) has left a gaping hole in our ability to slash to the basket and kick it out.

figures that this year, the deepest in a long while, is one where we do not have a pick. we would have blown it anyway if history is any indication.
MOJO

United States

#3 Jan 29, 2007
chuck ornellas wrote:
our problem is that we have no real leader on the floor. someone that pushes the team and leads by example as well as wrods. jamier will become that guy but he isn't that guy now.
brian hill is not the "in your face kind of guy" and nether is grant hill
fix our problem by trading for darell armstrong and you will see our team intesity improve and our win resord will follow. jamier will have someone to learn from which should give the magic a lasting result from an easy trade with results today.
though i'd welcome DA back to the squad, his insertion alone ain't changing anything.
Tom Tuntas

Saint Cloud, FL

#4 Jan 29, 2007
Mr. Povtak,

The oroblem with the Orlando Magic is the coach of the Orlando Magic. I really think to salvage the season he needs to be replaced with possibly one of the assistant coaches from a contender in the Western Conference. Mr. Hill refuses to develop the young players, as a J.J. Redddick. The Magic Players look confused and unhappy, they are not having fun.

When, oh when, will you or one of your conterparts at the Orlando Sentinel admit to this. Orlando deserves better and the Sports Writers need to be more pro-avtive in this area. I wish Mr. Bianchi would get involved. I now wonder if the Magic will make the playoffs.
Lastly I was amazed the day I saw Grant Hill get of of the airplane on crutches and I am still amazed, if you get my drift!

Thank you..
Tom Tuntas
Cocoa Beach, Florisda
Basketball Fan

San Juan, Puerto Rico

#5 Jan 29, 2007
The problem with the Magis starts at the Point Gusrd position. Early in the season Jameer Nelson and Carlos Arroyo proved to be an excellent combination. After Jammer got injured is when the problems started. Carlos wanted to become the starter and Travis the backup. Since then Orlando's Point Gusrds have decresed the shooting perecntage and assists per game. During the same time they have increased their Turnover and fouls.
The statistics don't lie.

Until these guys get it together, the team won't get back on track. It's up to Jameer, Carlos and Travis. That's why they are called POINT GUARDS.
Bruce

United States

#8 Jan 29, 2007
Brian Hill was a poor coach in the 90's and he continues to struggle now. Get rid of Hill now, before the season is ruined!
Chris

United States

#10 Jan 29, 2007
You mention that the Magic are having struggles offensively, but give no legit suggestions as to how to correct this problem. Hedo is inconsistent from downtown...Jameer can hit the occasional 3 ball, but has never proved to be a real threat from beyond the arch. Every category that Redick excels in, the Magic are ranked last or 2nd to last in the league. Why not give him a shot...what do you have to lose at this point? Teams are able to double up on Howard down low now because the magic are so streaky from the outside. Redick (the all time leading NCAA 3 point shooter) has the ability to open up the floor for Howard (who has potential to be the best big man in the league) with his deep ball threat. Now you will probably argue that he hasn't really produced in the games he has played in. Well, what rookie is going to be able to adjust to the NBA style of play when they come in for 5 minutes here and there and then go inactive for 10 games?? Give Redick 20 min a game and you will see that swagger you once saw at Duke. No NBA player is going to be able to prove himself when only playing a 100 min in the season...that's equivalent to 3 games for most NBA starters. Perhaps, Bogans and Dooling play slightly better defense, but it's not defense that the Magic are slacking in, it's offense... and Redick is much more of a threat offensively than either of them. Either way, Redick has never hurt them defensively. Changes need to be made and it blows my mind that Redick isn't seeing at least 15-20 min a game by now. Hill should be fired.
almax

San Juan, Puerto Rico

#11 Jan 29, 2007
Coach Hill short comments after the game friday were clearly directed at the players on the court on the 1st and 3rd quarter.
On todays report he is quoted as saying:
"If we can't come out of this soon, we may have to look at [making roster changes],"
"This is about holding everyone accountable," Hill said. "When we continue to make mistakes, have breakdowns, we'll have to give other people opportunities to play."
Could this mean Jameers PG position is in jeopardy? Read between the lines
tomas

Jacksonville, FL

#12 Jan 29, 2007
Roster changes? Like a trade? Mix and match is the strength of this team. Motivate players with a who is hot plays attitude. Do not allow players to believe sitting is punishment. They need to know they will get many more chances to perform. Short stints here and there. If they do right, long stints will come quickly.

Everybody in basketball fails, has negative runs. Veterans more easily put aside their failures and play in the now. Young players (this is a young team) get easily lost in the “I am a failure - I will never get a chance to make a difference - if I do not shine right now the world ends” syndrome.

Relax Coach. Let everybody play. The heck with punish. Instead REWARD.
big vern

Kissimmee, FL

#13 Jan 29, 2007
here is somthing to think about, what if the magic had phill jackson as headcoach and the lakers had brian hill, how do you think theses team would be at right now, just a quick note. the lakers would be a bad team despite kobe, the magic have talent they need to be used properly.
big vern

Kissimmee, FL

#14 Jan 29, 2007
just look at where the lakers are right now, well above .500 with kobe and a bunch of no namers, and in the west. for sure the magic have more talent than the lakers is just a matter of using that talent to it's fullest, wich right now is not happening for the magic.
big vern

Kissimmee, FL

#15 Jan 29, 2007
dwight howard needs to dominate the post tonight agaisnt the hawks, pachulia is not better none of their big men are even close to howard if he plays like he is capable of. i hope to see him motivated tonight. go magic
Brian Schultz

Paterson, NJ

#16 Jan 29, 2007
Friends,if you have the chance check the videos of all the times Reddick and Arroyo have played together you will realize a combination of two players that,in their natural habitat and freestyle way of playing they do it perfectly as a combination. Arroyo looks very comfortable feeding Reddick and the last one seems much more confident expecting the unexpected pass from Arroyo. Both of them are only AS GOOD as freedom on how they play is granted. REDDICK showed his true colors with DUKE and ARROYO in the olympics with the national team. DO THE MATH; IT'S ALWAYS THE SAME RESULT
GO MAGIC!!!
Might N Magic

United States

#17 Jan 29, 2007
I believe O.Smith should trade G.Hill for Vince Carter, then trade Turkoglu, Arroyo,Battie, and Garrity for Ron Artest and Brad Miller! Nelson,Carter,Artest,Howard, and Miller as starting five is better what we have now!
LatinJag

Fort Myers, FL

#18 Jan 29, 2007
The last floor leader the team had was Darrel Armstrong and his 12 cups of coffee halftime ritual. Bring him back! He still in the league and still going. Doc River's worst legacy, let Darrel go. Chucky or Troy can help too.
Magicfan79

Jacksonville, NC

#19 Jan 29, 2007
You should be slapped then drowned for making a comment about coach hill like that.
who was the coach when the magic went to the finals if I recall correctly I think his last name was Hill nuff said.
big vern

Kissimmee, FL

#20 Jan 29, 2007
if this is what they call playing with urgency, i would hate to see the magic playing lax, i don't know what is wrong with howard, time and time again he should dominate inside yet he looks like he's not into the game. i hate to say it but the magic look like they are already on the all star break, by the way howard does not deserve to be in that game.
james o-town

Osteen, FL

#21 Jan 29, 2007
after tonights game looks like the magic are playing for next year,lets all face it the magic are not a playoff team,and they wont be till they get some real players,not the no hart mickey mouse players they have now,get smart trade g.hill get rid of nelson,and get a point guard who is over 5feet tall and plays hard when he wants too ,and some body please light a fire under howards but,till that happens it will the same old story,magic big wigs give us a real team,then we will start going to games!
usman

Orlando, FL

#23 Jan 30, 2007
trade arroyo and millick and a pick for paul gasol
usman

Orlando, FL

#22 Jan 30, 2007
why dont we trade arroyo and millick and a draft pick for paul gasol

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Joe Johnson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Dwight Howard trade rumors: Where do Cavaliers ... (Jul '12) Jul '12 LeO 3
Joe Johnson traded to Nets ending chance of Dwi... (Jul '12) Jul '12 Ginobili 2
Deron Williams re-signs with Nets (Jul '12) Jul '12 Ginobili 1
NBA's first 4OT game since 1997 (Mar '12) Mar '12 Marissa 2 1
Atlanta Hawks: Teague scores 22 as Hawks move t... (Dec '11) Dec '11 SexyMoma 1
NBA Trade Rumors: Does Atlanta Have To Make A M... (Feb '11) Nov '11 gerald548781 7
NBA Trade Rumors: Will Josh Smith Be a LA Laker... (May '11) Jun '11 MarkL5 6

Joe Johnson People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE