Chicago Bulls' Derrick Rose among elite NBA guards

Full story: Chicago Tribune

Warning: This is what is called an I-told-you-so column. I don't do many of these, and by saying that, I realize I risk being told there's a simple reason I don't: I'm so very wrong so very often.
Comments
101 - 113 of 113 Comments Last updated Apr 25, 2009
First Prev
of 6
Next Last
ATLDre

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2009

BrothaStimulus wrote:
this guy is a beast in training and the thing I like most about him is how he carries himself, I'm very impressed. He says his idol is Steve Francis and I do see that swag in his game. but it is demeanor and his great manners that sets him apart. I know Mom is very proud
Any point guard who says Francis is his idol needs to reassess his priorities.
Tiffany

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2009

francis might as well retire
Tiffany

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2009

what?you crazy,they are not,your just saying that cuz your a bulls fan,the best back court in the nba are vince carter,and devin harris fool
Nada Surf

Nanterre, France

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2009

Tiffany wrote:
what?you crazy,they are not,your just saying that cuz your a bulls fan,the best back court in the nba are vince carter,and devin harris fool
Who are you calling a fool, fool?

Don't disrespect your teacher.

Class dismissed.

Nada
Tiffany

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2009

your not my teacher,your too old
Travis Parnuckle

Melbourne, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2009

Wow, prediciting a number 1 draft pick would be good. How do you do it Morrissey?
Tiffany

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2009

your too ugly
Allie

Bronx, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2009

In game 2, Rose resorted to his old ways and was far TOO PASSIVE on the offensive end. I know they were waiting for him in the lane and he received two CHEAP early foul(S), but he has to at least force it every now and then because they can not stop him! ATTACK ATTACK ATTACK! On another note, sometimes it's a good thing you don't always get your first wish(choice), VDN isn't the best head coach, however, I think getting him opposed to Dantonio was the best thing that could've happened. If he was coaching The Bulls, I could see him playing Ty Thomas at the 5 and probably Gordon at the 3, they would play absolutely NO DEFENSE and Rose probably wouldn't be allowed to play his game. Dantonio has a stupid system that doesn't work and he needs to get acclimated w/the NBA style game.
Nada Surf

Gurnee, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2009

Scott42444 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey special little guy, hitting the "ENTER" key after a sentence does not a paragraph make. I'm happy for you for being able to complete 3 whole sentences, your guidance counselor and I are very proud, but learn what a paragraph is before you talk about one. Sound good? Do you understand? Or, do you need some more help?
Believe me, not your psychiatrist. You aren't "special". People look at you that way because they're suddenly nauseous.
Wait a minute...are you the new editor of the Tribune's sports section? I always get confused why a person who has no friend, wife, or family that isn't completely disgusted by them gets so much satisfaction out of people hating them. Maybe you could ask your life coach?
No man with options settles for a wife.

With options
Nada
Nada Surf

Gurnee, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2009

ATLDre wrote:
<quoted text>
Iverson is garbage, always has been and always will be. Any player that hasn't made one player around him better should never be mentioned as being better than anyone.
You are absolutely correct there.
Congrats!
Nada Surf

Gurnee, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2009

ATLDre wrote:
<quoted text>
So the fact that Thomas finally had a decent half season while Aldridge has been at least solid since day one is justification to say Thomas was the right call. That assessment is so beyond short sighted it is unbelievable, yet typical for this board. Amazing what people will overlook to try and prove a point.
Aldridge is weak.
If you don't like Deng, you'd hate Aldridge.

“FIRE CHILLY! FIRE CHILLY! ”

Since: Aug 08

Rensselaer

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2009

Tiffany wrote:
Aldridge was one of the best players in the 06 draft,he can score,rebound,and block shots
But, Ty Thomas is better.
Nada Surf

Gurnee, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2009

I love how this article states that Derrick Rose is one of the top PGs in the game...
What elite PG could have looked as bad as Rose did in Game 3?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••