Chicago Bulls' Derrick Rose among elite NBA guards

Full story: Chicago Tribune

Warning: This is what is called an I-told-you-so column. I don't do many of these, and by saying that, I realize I risk being told there's a simple reason I don't: I'm so very wrong so very often.
Comments
1 - 20 of 113 Comments Last updated Apr 25, 2009
First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Bloomie

Palos Hills, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2009

Is Morrissey trying to make nice with Chicago after his Jay Cutler garbage. Hey Rick you can't recover from saying that getting Cutler was a bad deal for the Bears.
stosh

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2009

Bloomie wrote:
Is Morrissey trying to make nice with Chicago after his Jay Cutler garbage. Hey Rick you can't recover from saying that getting Cutler was a bad deal for the Bears.
he is an idiot bloomie, plain and simple
chitbune

South Elgin, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2009

I wish I could get paid for writing the obvious
AlanzoB

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2009

Rick should go back to saying why the media likes Tyler Hansborough because he's white.

Get rid of this windbag, Trib.
bukake

Mount Prospect, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2009

Rick must be related to Nada. Either that or his gay lover.
Idiots, the both of them.
dave

Dekalb, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2009

umm every1 knew he was gonna be great lol
Nada Surf

Buckeye, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2009

bukake wrote:
Rick must be related to Nada. Either that or his gay lover.
Idiots, the both of them.
Coming from an idiot, that's a compliment to both of us.
Thanks!
Creighton

Evanston, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2009

Nada your not looking to smart right now. All you gotta do is look at the histroy of Bears first round busts. By the way if Cutler had been in the draft this year it would have taken the Bears 2 first round picks and 2nd to move up according to the point system used by Johnson which is now almost universal. Oh and your boy Orton is currently behind Simms as the starter.

As for Rick he is an idiot, he is claiming he is the only one who thought the number 1 overall pick in the draft was going to be good. That has got to be a joke everyone new he was going to be good. They were talking about him being the same league with CP3 before the draft.

Rick is just trying to find something he was right about.
Nada Surf

Buckeye, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2009

Creighton wrote:
Nada your not looking to smart right now. All you gotta do is look at the histroy of Bears first round busts. By the way if Cutler had been in the draft this year it would have taken the Bears 2 first round picks and 2nd to move up according to the point system used by Johnson which is now almost universal. Oh and your boy Orton is currently behind Simms as the starter.
As for Rick he is an idiot, he is claiming he is the only one who thought the number 1 overall pick in the draft was going to be good. That has got to be a joke everyone new he was going to be good. They were talking about him being the same league with CP3 before the draft.
Rick is just trying to find something he was right about.
There's always a correlation between stupid sports' fans and illiteracy.
Look at Creighton's opening sentence: "Nada your not looking to smart right now."
ROFL!
This stuff is PRICELESS!
For your own good, it should read:"Nada, you're not looking too smart right now."
By the way, Orton is as good or better than Cutler.
Boston BullsFan

Saint Charles, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2009

Clearly Rose's performance will stand out as one of the greats.

He even did what Michael couldn't do, and that was beat Boston. Not that Ray Allen and Paul Pierce are Larry Bird, Kevin McHale and the rest... but

We do finally have a guy that can be exciting and light it up.

PS - Noah has looked good for awhile now and seems to click with Rose as DRose was setting him up all night. And Noah was on a team that won Two NCAA titles.
Nada Surf

Buckeye, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2009

This is one horrific piece by Morrissey, who is a mediocre columnist to begin with.
Rose is nowhere near the elite guards of the NBA right now.
And Boston Bulls Fan? Jordan DID beat Boston.
Bassman

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2009

So much hate. Rose was great. Sox look good. Hawks see second round, I think. Cubs, well...

The guy has to come up with opinions. It's his job. a few in every major market and a few in most every city with a rag in the world.

They are like the weatherperson.

Ripping them doesn't change the weather. But I guess it makes some people feel better about themselves.

Thankless job. But atleast they have one.
Nick

Evanston, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2009

Why should anyone take this guy seriously when he says "when he wasn't playing particularly well this season." This guy is just about as bad as Mariotti. He's just another bigoted sportswriter who probably has nothing better to do then feed off negativity in everything about Chicago sports. Who knows maybe his wife isn't giving him any? That's probably why he's so riled up. Do yourself a favor Morrissey, follow your own advice before your "Bigmouth Strikes Again."
Nada Surf

Buckeye, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2009

Nick wrote:
Why should anyone take this guy seriously when he says "when he wasn't playing particularly well this season." This guy is just about as bad as Mariotti. He's just another bigoted sportswriter who probably has nothing better to do then feed off negativity in everything about Chicago sports. Who knows maybe his wife isn't giving him any? That's probably why he's so riled up. Do yourself a favor Morrissey, follow your own advice before your "Bigmouth Strikes Again."
Morrissey is correct when he says Rose didn't play particularly well this season.
Fritz

New Market, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2009

Regardless of grammer Nada the things you said were not intelligent. Jordan did not ever beat the Celtics in the playoffs and Cutler is way better than Orton is even in Orton's own dreams. I don't know if that is gramatically correct for you to regognize as intelligance but if it is not we can speak in mathamatics.
Nada Surf

Buckeye, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2009

Fritz wrote:
Regardless of grammer Nada the things you said were not intelligent. Jordan did not ever beat the Celtics in the playoffs and Cutler is way better than Orton is even in Orton's own dreams. I don't know if that is gramatically correct for you to regognize as intelligance but if it is not we can speak in mathamatics.
The Bulls knocked out the Celtics in one of their early playoff title runs. I don't remember which year that was.
Wait till 2108

Willowbrook, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2009

Nada Surf wrote:
<quoted text>Morrissey is correct when he says Rose didn't play particularly well this season.
Just remember when Rose is ROY -- Nada obviously knows more than all those dumba$$ voters. Yet somehow he's not included in the actual vote. What a shame...
Just the facts

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2009

Wrong, again.

Saturday was the first time the Bulls ever beat Boston in a playoff game.
Nada Surf

Buckeye, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2009

Just the facts wrote:
Wrong, again.
Saturday was the first time the Bulls ever beat Boston in a playoff game.
If I'm wrong this time (and that's a big if) where have I ever been wrong before?
Nada Surf

Buckeye, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2009

Wait till 2108 wrote:
<quoted text>
Just remember when Rose is ROY -- Nada obviously knows more than all those dumba$$ voters. Yet somehow he's not included in the actual vote. What a shame...
Are you included?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••