Close not good enough for Chicago Bulls

Close not good enough for Chicago Bulls

There are 104 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from May 2, 2009, titled Close not good enough for Chicago Bulls. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

The explanation for the nail-biting closeness of this series finally arrived early in the second quarter, and you wondered why it hadn't occurred to you earlier: Both teams suffer from separation anxiety! That was it! If either the Bulls or the Celtics built a significant lead, both felt empty and disoriented.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Brian

United States

#1 May 2, 2009
Good job this season guys ! Well done !
Southwes

United States

#2 May 2, 2009
What a year for the Bulls. I gave them no chance in this series but they proved me wrong. It was a good growing time for them.

Next year is here. They should be the most improved team in the NBA.
mack the knife

Beirut, Lebanon

#3 May 2, 2009
Well done Bulls, can't wait for next season.
mike

Montgomery, IL

#4 May 2, 2009
Nice run at the end for the Bulls. All-in-all, nothing to be ashamed of. I hope they can develop on this for next year. I'm looking forward to it. But for now, let's go White Sox!
Chuck D of Valpo

Valparaiso, IN

#5 May 2, 2009
Not the way I was hoping this series would end. Hard fought but a dime short. Build on this for the next season.
give it up

Champaign, IL

#6 May 2, 2009
this team bites

rip off
UGH

Chicago, IL

#7 May 2, 2009
I really tried to watch, but I honestly cannot understand how the NBA continues to exist. The officiating is terrible (esp. those off-the-ball shooting fouls at the end of games) and the game itself is boring to watch when compared to college ball.

To each his own, I guess, but I just can't watch the NBA, even when Chicago is in the playoffs.
azqazq

Dekalb, IL

#8 May 2, 2009
I'm kinda glad the bulls feel they're better than this, but it was better than what was expected by most. Only place to go is up.
BBurns

Chicago, IL

#9 May 2, 2009
As a pre-season skeptic, I'm more than happy to admit I was wrong (about several things). Sure, we lost, but 4 months ago if you told me we'd be in the playoffs I'd of laughed at you. I see something with this team. It's one big man short of scaring the crap out of everyone else in the league. And 7 tough games against the champs will build some team character.

Thank you Bulls, I haven't enjoyed a Bulls Playoffs Series like that since 1998.
Nick

Henderson, NV

#11 May 2, 2009
You call 7 of 23 consistent offense? You're as crazy as Ben's shot choices.
go hawks

Arlington Heights, IL

#12 May 2, 2009
FINALLY! GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HAWKS
Nada Surf

Mesa, AZ

#13 May 3, 2009
Thankfully, Ben Gordon is no longer a Bull!
abe

Van Nuys, CA

#14 May 3, 2009
if the coaches had any brains they would stop sitting there best shot blocker and a solid mid range jump shooter thomas for most of the second half and when slow man miller kept getting burned on the picks del negro never adjusted and brang thomas in his solution was to bring in old slow hunter who never played in the reg season sounds like a pinella starting fukodome in the playoffs after being benched for a month please and when will these idiots stop giving gordon the ball for clear outs he is a catch and shoot player period learn from ray allen mr gordon and finally why do they allow salmons miller gordon to over dribble rose and hinrick should be the main ball handlers. wake up its not hard to figure out the faults in this team please bring doug collins back.
ProfessorGAC

Channahon, IL

#15 May 3, 2009
UGH wrote:
I really tried to watch, but I honestly cannot understand how the NBA continues to exist. The officiating is terrible (esp. those off-the-ball shooting fouls at the end of games) and the game itself is boring to watch when compared to college ball.
To each his own, I guess, but I just can't watch the NBA, even when Chicago is in the playoffs.
Then don't waste the bandwidth on this blog forum.

College ball is more exciting?!?! That's just silly.

“I will care when it matters”

Since: Mar 09

Seattle Washington

#16 May 3, 2009
ProfessorGAC wrote:
<quoted text>
Then don't waste the bandwidth on this blog forum.
College ball is more exciting?!?! That's just silly.
he thinks college ball is better because its filled with mediocre talent, i mean, who wouldnt want to watch a league where one of the most coveted shooters of all time turns into a scrub sitting on orlandos bench (jj reddick), and another one of the most coveted Tar heels of all time might not even be a 1st round draft pick. Dont get me wrong, i like college basketball, it is exciting to watch in march, but more exciting then the NBA? I THINK NOT!

“I will care when it matters”

Since: Mar 09

Seattle Washington

#17 May 3, 2009
abe wrote:
if the coaches had any brains they would stop sitting there best shot blocker and a solid mid range jump shooter thomas for most of the second half and when slow man miller kept getting burned on the picks del negro never adjusted and brang thomas in his solution was to bring in old slow hunter who never played in the reg season sounds like a pinella starting fukodome in the playoffs after being benched for a month please and when will these idiots stop giving gordon the ball for clear outs he is a catch and shoot player period learn from ray allen mr gordon and finally why do they allow salmons miller gordon to over dribble rose and hinrick should be the main ball handlers. wake up its not hard to figure out the faults in this team please bring doug collins back.
WHY IS it ben gordons fault if vinny draws up a play for him? he does what he can, and what he can do is make clutch shots down the stretch...its not his fault if VDN takes him out for Defensive subs who leave allen wide open for 3. he doesnt force d rose to commit costly turnovers...its not BG's fault that TT's BBall IQ is at the level of the kids mopping up the sweat off the court, that he repeatedly makes bad decisions on. Is it BG's fault that kirk hinrich kept fouling people off the ball and marching them to the free throw line? is it ben gordons fault that brad miller missed those free throws in game 5? is it BG's fault that the bulls are forced to play lindsey hunter for stretches? NO is the answer to all of those...all BG can do is what is asked, he is asked to score, and he does it better than ANY player on the bulls squad. He cant control D Rose's terrible pick and roll defense...Ben gordon has a couple of flaws: Defense, shot selection...but the rest of the team has to do thier jobs as well.
neil

Park Ridge, IL

#18 May 3, 2009
hey gordon!?you happy you got your lousy 30 points?you selfish son o a b**** you loose the game for the bulls!hope you get traded you piece o s*** good riddance
cornerstones

Cumming, GA

#19 May 3, 2009
I'm a Boston Celtic fan and I want to thank the rising Bulls for the most scintillating, captivating, stimulating first round series of this century. MJ's playoff legend began in Boston and so has Rose's, Salmons', Gordon's, and Noah's. THIS team will raise banners in Chi-town within five years. THANK YOU so very much. I wish you well (except against my C's). Thank you.
cornerstones

Cumming, GA

#20 May 3, 2009
Joe

Long Beach, CA

#22 May 3, 2009
Its a certain who ever won the game 7 anyhow just won the right to eventually get knock out of playoffs in next round or for certain in conference final.NBA is too predictable . Watch a little last night out of boredom but the NBA has become a third class sport now. Refs who are probably controlled by league office on who they want in finals . I won't fall for Stern's b.s.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Joakim Noah Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Jonas Valanciunas may get a max-deal despite no... (Aug '15) Aug '15 Fart news 2
News 3-Year-Old Critically Injured following Chicago... (Jul '14) Jul '14 reality is a crutch 1
News Carmelo Anthony Asking About Tom Thibodeau Make... (Apr '14) Jun '14 Go Blue Forever 9
News Bulls: Rehabbing Rose won't deter free agents (Jun '14) Jun '14 Go Blue Forever 1
News Chicago Bulls Need to Solve Scoring Woes Before... (Apr '14) Apr '14 Dingo 1
News How I stopped worrying and learned to love the ... (Apr '14) Apr '14 huge uge 1
News Buying or Selling Chicago Bulls Rumors Ahead of... (Jun '13) Jun '13 Gil 1
More from around the web