Vinny Del Negro explains his burning ...

Vinny Del Negro explains his burning of timeouts

There are 62 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Apr 21, 2009, titled Vinny Del Negro explains his burning of timeouts. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

For the third straight day, Vinny Del Negro answered questions about not having a timeout for the game's final seconds.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Natural gas

Georgetown, TX

#1 Apr 21, 2009
NOT second place.........34th!

second highest scorer not points
Jim

Chicago, IL

#2 Apr 21, 2009
I understand that the pressure is overwhelming. However, the old rule of tumb is save one time-out. Let us move forward and continue to hope for more rebounds von the defence right side. We also need more defence on hot shooters. Kirk did a great job on D. Tybo could have been a stopper. The Bulls have a fine future. I will be at the next game. GO BULLS!
ITA

AOL

#3 Apr 21, 2009
Vinny-
Del Negro:``People are going to second guess and first guess. So what? I don't care. They can guess. I'm the coach. I'm going to make the decisions. That's the way it is.

Well Vinny, It's about Winning, not your stupid EGO!
In the next couple of days you are gonna get "reamed" about your coaching decisions, I hope your players read this, and decide to "win" despite you-Vinny.

Vinny's late-game coaching is "Putrid". He has a lot to learn, and it appears that he is NOT getting(or allowing) little help from his assistants late in the game.
Sorry Vinny, but you don't know it all yet...
Appalled

Frankfort, IL

#4 Apr 21, 2009
What arrogance in the face of marked stupidity! No regrets?! Vinny, if you didn't call a frickin timeout everytime a team goes up 4 points, you would have some left. Stop trying to overcoach. When the same stupid tactics bite you in the arse once, and could have twice, if not for a missed free throw, you need to admit you made a mistake...and have some regrets. You probably think you are the reason the Bulls are in the playoffs. NOT!
Marc

Chicago, IL

#5 Apr 21, 2009
Cant wait till we have a legit coach leading this team.
DMY

Dekalb, IL

#6 Apr 21, 2009
CAN SOME ONE ALSO TELL THE DUMB ASS TO PLAY TYRUS THOMAS MORE THEN 20 MINS, HE'S THE ONLY LEGIT SHOT BLOCKER THE BULLS HAVE, THE GUY HAD 6 BLOCKS JUST IN OVER A LIL 2O MINS TO PLAY, DID U PAY ATTENTION 2 GAME 1 VINNY, IF IT WASNT FOR TYRUS, YOU WOULDNT HAVE WON GAME 1, DIS GUY IS AN IDIOT, IF THE BULLS END UP LOSIN DIS SERIES, THEY HAVE 2 FIRE THIS GUY, I WOULD FIRE HIM IF THEY WON OR LOST THE SERIES, GO OUT AND GET AVERY JOHNSON OR SUMBODY BESIDES DIS GUY
Hmmm

United States

#7 Apr 21, 2009
Guy is arrogant as **** for someone that has no business even having a job. Getting the #1 pick added wins this year. If anything the Bulls probably should have had an extra 5-10 wins with a real coach.
coach

Chicago, IL

#8 Apr 21, 2009
Worse coach ever.
Arif

Plainfield, IL

#9 Apr 21, 2009
It's hard to criticize Vinny when the Bulls are competing against the defending champions. With that being said, lack of timeouts is not the only issue Vinny has managed poorly. Defensively, Vinny has done a terrible job at slowing down Rondo. I really don't understand why the Bulls aren't trapping him on occasions to stop his penetration. Especially, in game 2, the Bulls were out rebounded which I believe cost the Bulls the game. Why not occasionally put Aaron Gray in. Perkins and Baby Davis were really pushing out bigs around all game long.
Arif

Plainfield, IL

#10 Apr 21, 2009
I'm not sure what to make of Tyrus Thomas in the Bulls/Celtics series. Game 1, Tyrus played incredible but in game 2, he did have 6 blocks but he left his teammates in vulnerable positions throughout the game. That is why the Celtics had so many offensive rebounds because Tyrus spent the game in the air. One other point, Why is Tyrus always trying to create his own shot by putting the ball on the floor? He's always out of control and frequently turning over the ball by doing so. I don't mind him taking a 15-17 foot jump shot because he's been shooting well all season long. I just can't stand it when he tries to dribble pass everyone, almost thinking he's a point guard. For the record, I also thought Tyrus should have seen minutes in the 4th quarter. Brad Miller seemed a bit tired at the end of the game.
Tiffany

United States

#11 Apr 21, 2009
Its important to have time outs,you and your team are suppose to regroup,and talk about the stratigies their gonna use,thats why they gonna lose the series
ACW

United States

#12 Apr 21, 2009
``People are going to second guess and first guess. So what? I don't care. They can guess. I'm the coach. I'm going to make the decisions. That's the way it is."

Huh? What a pompous a**
Alex

Chicago, IL

#13 Apr 21, 2009
Yo, Vinnie Boom-Batz is a stinking trainee just like his stinkin boss
clueless Paxson a professional trainee.

Paxson's trade for Salmon, Miller and Thomas proved that there is a GM dumber than Paxson. It was a miracle!
alan

Chicago, IL

#14 Apr 21, 2009
Del Negro is not a good coach by not observing that the game sometimes needed a half court offense. And the proper solution for that problem is Aaron Gray. I am tired of the Bulls not being able to run a half court offensive sets, and resulting in a hurried perimeter attempt. If Del Negro wants to be regarded as a coach who knows what he is doing, he must place Aaron Gray in the lineup.
kevro

AOL

#15 Apr 21, 2009
after leaving the game to Paul Pierces mercy at the end of game one having burnt all of the timeouts(great that he missed)....to make the same mistake 2 days later is arrogant at best. Learn and grow Vinny!!
Larry

AOL

#16 Apr 21, 2009
This fool should be fired!!
Tiffany

United States

#17 Apr 21, 2009
maybe,but he lead the bulls to the playoffs,and hes a rookie coach,thats somthing to look at in the offseason.
LOUZ PenillaZ

Naperville, IL

#18 Apr 22, 2009
Vinnie is a freaking clueless moron as well
ProfessorGAC

Morris, IL

#19 Apr 22, 2009
Hey Vinnie,

YOU LOST THE GAME! No regrets? Really? No regrets?

Vinnie try to keep up, shall we! When any decision has even a potential to have cost your team the game, some regret is not only normal, but REQUIRED!
GAC
Twister18

Chicago, IL

#20 Apr 22, 2009
Arif wrote:
I'm not sure what to make of Tyrus Thomas in the Bulls/Celtics series. Game 1, Tyrus played incredible but in game 2, he did have 6 blocks but he left his teammates in vulnerable positions throughout the game. That is why the Celtics had so many offensive rebounds because Tyrus spent the game in the air. One other point, Why is Tyrus always trying to create his own shot by putting the ball on the floor? He's always out of control and frequently turning over the ball by doing so. I don't mind him taking a 15-17 foot jump shot because he's been shooting well all season long. I just can't stand it when he tries to dribble pass everyone, almost thinking he's a point guard. For the record, I also thought Tyrus should have seen minutes in the 4th quarter. Brad Miller seemed a bit tired at the end of the game.
So, let me get this straight, you're criticizing Tyrus' play which actually contributed to the Bulls offensive flow and then at the end of your statement you said that brad miller seemed a bit tired at the end of the game? You are as big of a moron as vinny del dumba ss! What game were you watching? Thomas had six blocks. If miller's out of shape a ss was a NBA caliber player, some of those could've been rebounds on the Bulls' side.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Joakim Noah Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 3-Year-Old Critically Injured following Chicago... (Jul '14) Jul '14 reality is a crutch 1
News Carmelo Anthony Asking About Tom Thibodeau Make... (Apr '14) Jun '14 Go Blue Forever 9
News Bulls: Rehabbing Rose won't deter free agents (Jun '14) Jun '14 Go Blue Forever 1
News Chicago Bulls Need to Solve Scoring Woes Before... (Apr '14) Apr '14 Dingo 1
News How I stopped worrying and learned to love the ... (Apr '14) Apr '14 huge uge 1
News Buying or Selling Chicago Bulls Rumors Ahead of... (Jun '13) Jun '13 Gil 1
News James shrugs off flopping accusations (May '13) Jun '13 Go Blue Forever 64
More from around the web