Chicago Bulls' Ben Gordon proves dura...

Chicago Bulls' Ben Gordon proves durability again

There are 109 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Apr 14, 2009, titled Chicago Bulls' Ben Gordon proves durability again. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

Remember during training camp when critics accused Ben Gordon of pouting over failed contract negotiations and milking a jammed big right toe? Gordon does.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
michael p coy

Montgomery, IL

#1 Apr 15, 2009
As stated Ben Shows Up Every Game and Does Not Back Down from any task, works Very Hard to improve his Game and Earns Every Dollar.
He will be givin a Nice Contract Next Year and will Provide his Team with a Steady Quite Leadership he has Shown from his early College Career.
It's to Bad that You Little Darlings have Soooo Little to offer; Stats, Basketball Knowledge, Maturity to Back Up your Youthful Potty Spillage..........Now go to your Job at Subway and offer the Community the True Reward of your Lack of Talent!
Bloomie

Bloomington, IL

#2 Apr 15, 2009
Sure 1st ballot hall of famer. His number will be retired by every team in the league. No one will be worthy to wear #7. I am just greatful to be alive to witness his basketball greatness.
ATLDre

Atlanta, GA

#3 Apr 15, 2009
Message from Deng..
"I am not impressed. I make tons more money and have fools salivating at the thought of me returning to provide more of the nothing I've given the past two seasons. I am not clutch, need to have a tailor made system in place to contribute and I save myself for my country's bball team while my pseudo daddy Reinsdorf keeps me paid.
* Let that fool Gordon keep working hard and I will keep collecting the big checks for working not so hard..

For all you Bg has to be a bench player trolls, maybe the guy who can't stay healthy should be playing less minutes??
Naw, BG has to come off the bench no matter what.

* Disclaimer. The Bulls did offer Gordon a very good deal.
Johnrun1

Mount Prospect, IL

#4 Apr 15, 2009
michael p coy wrote:
As stated Ben Shows Up Every Game and Does Not Back Down from any task, works Very Hard to improve his Game and Earns Every Dollar.
He will be givin a Nice Contract Next Year and will Provide his Team with a Steady Quite Leadership he has Shown from his early College Career.
It's to Bad that You Little Darlings have Soooo Little to offer; Stats, Basketball Knowledge, Maturity to Back Up your Youthful Potty Spillage..........Now go to your Job at Subway and offer the Community the True Reward of your Lack of Talent!
The haters will be on here soon but I appreciate Ben's hard work and his maturity. His ability to perform under pressure will be missed - hopefully the Bulls will be able to replace him and make the playoffs again next year. I don't think there will be much available for them from their draft position and I can't see much in the way of meaningful free agents until 2010.
Johnrun1

Mount Prospect, IL

#5 Apr 15, 2009
Bloomie wrote:
Sure 1st ballot hall of famer. His number will be retired by every team in the league. No one will be worthy to wear #7. I am just greatful to be alive to witness his basketball greatness.
clever!- you are now just like Nada
IDIOTS!!!
Bloomie

Bloomington, IL

#6 Apr 15, 2009
Johnrun1 wrote:
<quoted text>
IDIOTS!!!
I just do not overvalue Ben Gordon. If you are extra sensitive because it is that time of the month, I understand.
Bloomie

Bloomington, IL

#7 Apr 15, 2009
ATLDre wrote:
Message from Deng..
"I am not impressed. I make tons more money and have fools salivating at the thought of me returning to provide more of the nothing I've given the past two seasons. I am not clutch, need to have a tailor made system in place to contribute and I save myself for my country's bball team while my pseudo daddy Reinsdorf keeps me paid.
* Let that fool Gordon keep working hard and I will keep collecting the big checks for working not so hard..
For all you Bg has to be a bench player trolls, maybe the guy who can't stay healthy should be playing less minutes??
Naw, BG has to come off the bench no matter what.
* Disclaimer. The Bulls did offer Gordon a very good deal.
Deng is a soft NBA player and the Bulls made a mistake in overvaluing his potential. He received a huge contract based on what would happen if he developed. Why compound matters and tie up money with BG.
Bloomie

Bloomington, IL

#8 Apr 15, 2009
Johnrun1 wrote:
<quoted text>
IDIOTS!!!
Two things seperate me from someone like Nada. I am a Bulls fan and I watch NBA games. Expand your horizons and read articles about what other teams are saying about BG. Pistons would like to have him as firepower off the bench. Charlotte would like his scoring off the bench. Other teams want him as a weapon off the bench. Do you notice a theme? The Bulls offered him a fair market value contract, and he turned it down. His thinking is that he would have a good year and command a huge deal in the offseason. When Marbury was with the Timberwolves he admitted that he couldn't play with KG because he was jealous of the 120 mil contract that KG signed. Is Ben in the same boat? Ben will probably resign with the Bulls, and if not, good luck to him.
Mgray

Atlanta, GA

#9 Apr 15, 2009
This guy gets no respect. I hope he signs with another team and averages 30 points a game.
Alex

Chicago, IL

#10 Apr 15, 2009
Ben Gordon is one tough dude. The stinking trainee Paxson must find a way to keep him. The Buls without Gordon's scoring will be one sorry team, again!

Pax lucked out in the recent trade! Yes, there is a GM dumber than Pax.

Trade, cut or dump Klank the ATTACK KILLER Hinrich and the WEAKLING Deng.
The NBA has nuetered these two slugs.
ATLDre

Atlanta, GA

#11 Apr 15, 2009
Johnrun1 wrote:
<quoted text>
The haters will be on here soon but I appreciate Ben's hard work and his maturity. His ability to perform under pressure will be missed - hopefully the Bulls will be able to replace him and make the playoffs again next year. I don't think there will be much available for them from their draft position and I can't see much in the way of meaningful free agents until 2010.
Deng will return. We will once again have a top 50 player at the sf position. No need to worry. Scottie Pippen will be forgotten by this time next season.
Bloomie

Bloomington, IL

#12 Apr 15, 2009
Mgray wrote:
This guy gets no respect. I hope he signs with another team and averages 30 points a game.
I take it that you are not a Bulls fan. I had to decide when Krause broke up the Jordan led Bulls if I was a MJ fan or a Bulls fan. I chose the Bulls and have been a big fan ever since. I root for the uniform.
ATLDre

Atlanta, GA

#13 Apr 15, 2009
Bloomie wrote:
<quoted text>
Deng is a soft NBA player and the Bulls made a mistake in overvaluing his potential. He received a huge contract based on what would happen if he developed. Why compound matters and tie up money with BG.
Because he produces. You know the definition of potential as well as I do.
Bloomie

Bloomington, IL

#14 Apr 15, 2009
Mgray wrote:
What Gordon can do offensively is well respected by the league. That is why he was selected to the allstar game, and why he has been in the 3 point contest. And why Cleveland, LA, and Miami were trying to swing a four team deal to get BG for Kobe and LeBron.
Balltyme2

Chicago, IL

#15 Apr 15, 2009
Bloomie wrote:
<quoted text>
What Gordon can do offensively is well respected by the league. That is why he was selected to the allstar game, and why he has been in the 3 point contest. And why Cleveland, LA, and Miami were trying to swing a four team deal to get BG for Kobe and LeBron.
When you say "to get BG for Kobe and Lebron" you do mean to play along side and not a trade for right?
Bloomie

Bloomington, IL

#16 Apr 15, 2009
Balltyme2 wrote:
<quoted text>
When you say "to get BG for Kobe and Lebron" you do mean to play along side and not a trade for right?
I've been poking fun at the Ben Gordon fans on this thread.
Nate

Chicago, IL

#17 Apr 15, 2009
I have hated on Ben in the past but if your a fan and have been watching the games he has had a great year (as many players do in their contract season). I've seen him improve on defense and his ability to score at will. Yes, he does have some off games but who doesn't. I would like to see him back with the Bulls next year. Where else are you going to replace his scoring? How can you not resign a guy that can give you plus 30 points on any given night?

Pax has a real problem in the future. He is paying max salaries to two bench players. What's he going to do when it's time to give Rose, TT and Salmons a deal? Is Pax going to go into the luxury tax to keep these guys just to sustain an average talented team?
techenhance

Prairie View, TX

#18 Apr 15, 2009
I don't think BG deserved what he was asking for the last 2 summers but I understood why he asked for it. Deng and Hinrich were overpaid. BG felt he had more value than either so Paxson should have offered him a deal that reflected that.

This season has proven that he's more valuable to the Bulls so I don't think he'll except less than what Deng is making. He would from another team, but not Chicago. It's the principal of the thing.

I, too, am more a fan of the team than of any particular player. I'd like to see BG stay, but if they can't agree on a deal I just hope they don't lose him for nothing.

If they do, the only things that will keep them from taking a big step back would be exponential improvement by Rose and Ty Thomas or a REALLY lucky draft pick.
Johnrun1

Mount Prospect, IL

#19 Apr 15, 2009
Bloomie wrote:
<quoted text>
Now that is kind of good; your other one was complete ridicule of Gordon-ridicule being the MO of Nada.
Mgray

Atlanta, GA

#20 Apr 15, 2009
Bloomie wrote:
<quoted text>
I take it that you are not a Bulls fan. I had to decide when Krause broke up the Jordan led Bulls if I was a MJ fan or a Bulls fan. I chose the Bulls and have been a big fan ever since. I root for the uniform.
I root 4 wins..........and truth.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Joakim Noah Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 3-Year-Old Critically Injured following Chicago... (Jul '14) Jul '14 reality is a crutch 1
News Carmelo Anthony Asking About Tom Thibodeau Make... (Apr '14) Jun '14 Go Blue Forever 9
News Bulls: Rehabbing Rose won't deter free agents (Jun '14) Jun '14 Go Blue Forever 1
News Chicago Bulls Need to Solve Scoring Woes Before... (Apr '14) Apr '14 Dingo 1
News How I stopped worrying and learned to love the ... (Apr '14) Apr '14 huge uge 1
News Buying or Selling Chicago Bulls Rumors Ahead of... (Jun '13) Jun '13 Gil 1
News James shrugs off flopping accusations (May '13) Jun '13 Go Blue Forever 64
More from around the web