For Chicago Bulls, it's already 'Wait...

For Chicago Bulls, it's already 'Wait till next year'

There are 102 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Jun 23, 2009, titled For Chicago Bulls, it's already 'Wait till next year'. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

Following the Bulls has become an exercise in waiting for something to happen, even if it's not quite clear what that something is.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Boston BullsFan

Boston, MA

#1 Jun 23, 2009
I am still holding out hope for a trade THIS season for Amare Stoudamire.
#1 - VDN knows him from Phoenix
#2 - He plays run and gun, just like The Bulls Play, the Suns East.
#3 - If they can do the trade and Keep Noah, Noah stays.
#4 - Over the last 2 years there were 2 huge trades that gave each team a championship:
Garnett to Boston courtesy of former Celtic Kevin McHale to his former teammate Danny Ainge. A gift, if you will to help resurrect his alma matter.
Gasol to LA courtesy of a backdoor trade from former Laker Jerry West to his alma matter LA Lakers. The Bulls offered more but were rebuffed, but LA got for him less than Minnie got for Garnett. Another gift.

So, keep in mind that to former Bulls guards are GMs and each helped MJ win titles by sinking last minute GW shots.
Kerr's Suns are basically in rebulding mode, missing the playoffs completely, they need to retools. Kerr's old Bulls team needs a center. Does he follow in McHale's and West's footsteps and helps resuurect the Bulls status as playoff contenders? I think so....

I think you need Hinrich in the deal and probably Tyrus T.
fernando

Visalia, CA

#2 Jun 23, 2009
I pray for a trade up to get Derozan or Henderson. These 2 are the next elite superstars along with Griffin of course. D. Rose and Derozan sounds great, doesn't it?
The Chad

Spartanburg, SC

#3 Jun 23, 2009
I don't see much happening this off season or this season for that matter... They should package their picks with some of their role players and try to pop a stud young player loose from a cash strapped team.

Try to nab David West from New Orleans.
Make a strong push for Blake Griffin or see if you can get Micheal Beasley from the heat. Josh Smith is available and I think would fit our style much more than Loul "Soft as warm Butter" Deng. Straight up trade might even work.

There is a lot they could do that would fit our style and both improve our team now and for the future. Old Stand Pax and his new front man will probably do the typical and sit around with their thumbs you know where...
wise

Chicago, IL

#4 Jun 23, 2009
Of course, had the Bulls chosen Aldridge, they likely wouldn't have Rose right now.
klark manson

Topanga, CA

#6 Jun 23, 2009
Rick Morrissey, You're the Sean Hannity of Sports... Why don't you tell us what you would do? You always bag on athletes. I have the feeling that you were terrible at sports. Maybe you should consider a job with Fox News.
Captain Obvious

United States

#7 Jun 23, 2009
Wow. I think RIck picked all the nits on the Bulls.

Too bad he didn't offer any solutions, or insight into anything.

It is like he scribbled it down during his lunch hour.
Red And Black

Chicago Heights, IL

#8 Jun 23, 2009
What an idiot this guy is, why do we have a hater writing in our city about our teams... And if we did draft Lamarcus, we may have been just good enough to have never lucked into Derrick Rose... So people need to get over the Tyrus trade... Change that and you change the course of the franchise that has finally led us to a future superstar in D. Rose...
razor23

Toronto, Canada

#9 Jun 23, 2009
i must admit to not being your biggest fan rick, but if you keep hitting the nail on the head, like you have in this article, i might have to start liking you more. lol.. i agree and i'm happy someone wrote this... now can you be bold and say something about that guy the cubs call a g.m..... namely, why does everyone treat him with kid gloves?? he stinks! loook at what he's done...and it angers me a grea great deal that the most deserving fans on the planet, can't get a championship from a team that gets undying loyalty from it's fan base... my dad is 74 and i just want one fore him before he dies1! a fan his whole life, and has taken me to countless games ... please for him!! i'd have to say that if they can't accomplish this feat, just one time!! then i'd have to turn my backs on them forever... not that they care mind you, lol, but i really feel they should just get it all right for one year!! for all the suffering fans1 and hendry signs a guy whos a nut, showing me he doesn't know whats goingon... this obsession with the left side of the plate is ridiculous... no one ask which side of the plate albert pujols bats from... point is, they seem ( pinella and hendry) so worried about the stupid things, and in my opinion hendry has ruined this team... newsflash, this team doesn't make the playoffs this year... i've been saying it, and my friends hate it, but i don't see it... and lets not forget how lucky hendry got last year with edmonds... tell me edmonds, and maybe ibanez, and derosa wouldn't look good in that crappy offense now?? i know ramirez is coming back and that helps, but they are pathetic, and whats more, really hard to watch... and yes i blame the g.m. the one that people have put on a pedastool... the one it seems taboo to talk bad about... but man! wake up people... he stinks...i don't care if he signed lilly to a contract while on his death bed... i'm a cubs fan, and i'll tell you,kenny williams is soooo much better a g.m., and reinsdorf has a championship, not to mention what he did with those bulls teams!.... anyway, had to let off some steam after coming home and seeing that gregg blew another save... he stinks!!! it's my birthday today, and i actuallt considered going to the game... glad i did not... as i have reached my boiling point with them... ythe nerve of that team losing on my birthday! lol.. but it was how it happened... so can you please wqrite something about either hendry, or the long suffering fans that need this team to win one, just one for a lifetime!! please!! lol
crook county

Woodridge, IL

#10 Jun 23, 2009
still downing your city i see. dude just give it up, you suck. if you were an nba team the bulls would eliminate you from the playoffs you jerk!
DSand Chicago

Chicago, IL

#11 Jun 23, 2009
This article makes no sense, you contradict yourself and insinuate that the Bulls are past their prime. Dude, the Bulls ARE a young, on-the-rise team so why are you toiling in the prospect that the Bulls are a decent, but not great team, and that's the way it will be for years to come. Your pessimistic attitude really pi$$e$ me off, especially since your a home town writer. Seriously, why don't you just enjoy the journey instead of jumping on the 2010 media bandwagon. No, we won't win the championship this year, but it's gonna be a real fun and exciting season to watch. You got anything to say about that?!?!?!
Dee

Mesa, AZ

#12 Jun 23, 2009
Shut up.You never have anything good to say.
GarbageWriting

Fishers, IN

#13 Jun 24, 2009
GARBAGE, POINTLESS, STUPID, DUMB WRITING...as EXPECTED from you.
nifty

Charlotte, NC

#14 Jun 24, 2009
I hate to see writers write as if the Bull of next year will be the Bulls of last year. The Bulls are youthful, and, as opposed to older teams, will be better simply due to the improvement of the younger players. Luol Deng is being discounted by some as if he were an old has-been. I suspect he is not and will return in top form. Whether or not Ben Gordon returns to the team, the Bulls will be better and they will contend. Would it be nice to have a James or a Bosch? Of course, but having a superstar on the team is not necessary for winning a championship. I don't know about all the rest of the fans out there, but I have rooted for the Bulls since the beginning and last year I had a lot of fun watching them play. I have a feeling they'll be a lot of fun to watch this year as well, championship year or not.
NumberNine

Bradenton, FL

#15 Jun 24, 2009
You may be right Rick about this team not being able to win, but I have to believe we get past Boston with Phil or another finer veteran coach, who would have been able to control Ben Gordon when he needed controlling. Don't forget Rick we lost every time Gordon was the high scorer in the game. That being said, I think Vinnie did a good job for a rookie coach.

You seem to think the center position is key, but then also say to win we need LJ or DWade, neither of whom are centers. The fact is, we won 6 championships without a high end center, but rather with a few guys like Noah (although I never saw Luke or Will steal the ball and run the full court for a dunk!!!).

What we need is a 6' 8" or 6' 9" who can run like a deer, go to the hoop hard and quick and be lethal from mid range while also being effective from beyond the 3, and be dedicated to playing some decent defense. In another words, another Scottie Pippen who after his career would also be named among the 100 Best Players ever.

It may take a couple of seasons to get someone like that, but that's OK because it took THE Bulls a few years to win too. But when those kind of pieces are in place, these Bulls can win a few too.

All that being said, I do agree we get LJ, we win a number of championships and I think LJ will know that when the time comes for him to make up his mind.
Alex

Chicago, IL

#16 Jun 24, 2009
The Bulls were outscred 46-18 in the paint in the last game against the Celts.

They must get a starting center and a power forward. Miller is a good back up at both positions.

No-Shot Noah is a joke, this fairy from Florida gets pushed around like he was on roller skates under the basket. He was too stupid to get into shape before the preseason.....He is almost as dumb as Paxson.

Trade Hinrich the circle dribbling clock eater and sign Gordon! No one on the current roster will replace Gordon's scoring. Without his points the Bulls will stink.
NumberNine

Bradenton, FL

#17 Jun 24, 2009
klark manson wrote:
Rick Morrissey, You're the Sean Hannity of Sports... Why don't you tell us what you would do? You always bag on athletes. I have the feeling that you were terrible at sports. Maybe you should consider a job with Fox News.
Since you bring it up in this forum, one thing is for sure, Hannity is no Rush. But the thing they both have is some principles they stick too. Something those on the left don't have, and certainly what ABC, CBS and NBC have no clue about and why their rating are in the toilet and flushing fast (along with the LA and NY Times).

And tonights infomercial will be a page out of every other "kings" (I'm being kind using the word king here) book with the corrupt cooperation of NBC (National Barrack Channel) with no rebuttal allowed.
Linda

Schaumburg, IL

#18 Jun 24, 2009
well the bulls don't put food on my plate so really dont care. but i'd like to see heinrich, gordon, deng and thomas moved outta here for maybe tiger woods.
Mgray

Atlanta, GA

#19 Jun 24, 2009
Good article. I've been saying this for 11 years NOW. I guess I'll be adding a year 2 that number in 12 months.

As long as No Action Paxson is working 4 this organization, expect more of the SAME.
Mgray

Atlanta, GA

#20 Jun 24, 2009
While other teams are making moves...what are the Bulls doing? Sitting on their A$$ and losing thier best player 2 free agency.

GENIUS.
Paul K

West Des Moines, IA

#21 Jun 24, 2009
Hard for this Pacer fan to feel sorry about the Bulls middle first round picks, 7th seed and 2009-2010 season already a waste.

Bulls struck gold with the lottery aided top pick last year. The extremely lucky ping-pong ball bounce pulled them out of the Milw,NJ,IND,Tor pack. Also having D. Rose will help bring top free agents to Chi. as they can envision the championship for the Bulls.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Joakim Noah Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Jonas Valanciunas may get a max-deal despite no... (Aug '15) Aug '15 Fart news 2
News 3-Year-Old Critically Injured following Chicago... (Jul '14) Jul '14 reality is a crutch 1
News Carmelo Anthony Asking About Tom Thibodeau Make... (Apr '14) Jun '14 Go Blue Forever 9
News Bulls: Rehabbing Rose won't deter free agents (Jun '14) Jun '14 Go Blue Forever 1
News Chicago Bulls Need to Solve Scoring Woes Before... (Apr '14) Apr '14 Dingo 1
News How I stopped worrying and learned to love the ... (Apr '14) Apr '14 huge uge 1
News Buying or Selling Chicago Bulls Rumors Ahead of... (Jun '13) Jun '13 Gil 1
More from around the web