BREAKING NEWS: Sources: Jason Kidd Trade To Mavericks May Be Im...

Full story: NBC 5i Dallas/Fort Worth

The New Jersey Nets and Dallas Mavericks are working out details of a trade involving Jason Kidd, according to reports from WNBC-TV, MSNBC and ESPN.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of29
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Wayne E

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2008

Are they crazy? Who is doing this? It make no sense and shows just how insecure Mark Cuban is if he does this trade. We love OUR Mavericks just the way they are, win or lose and you will lose if you get that knucklehead Kidd back in here. He hated it before and is not a very popular person in Dallas. Please stop now and re-think this before it's too late. If we can support the Rangers after all these years of losing seasons, we have learned to love our Mavericks. Please don't do it or you'll never see me buy another ticket to a Mav game.
Fan

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2008

Wow, you guys are right on top of things. How in the world did you post this so quickly?!
Nicholas Lopez

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2008

I can't believe the Mavs would make this kind of trade, Devin Harris was a future franchise player.
Bob C of Rockwall

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2008

I hate to see Harris and Stackhouse leave the Mavs. They're both valuable assets. I also hope that the Mavs are getting more than just Jason Kidd. As I recall, wasn't he a reluctant Mav when he was here before? What has changed his mind?
J McC - Arlington

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2008

I like it.
Fred H of Wylie

Aubrey, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2008

If Kidd can manage to play FOR the Mavs like he did on Sunday AGAINST the Mavs, then perhaps the trade will be OK. He was not much of an asset when he was last here.
Bdawg89

Mississauga, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2008

1ST! watch out for mavs. they have a legit chance now
Bdawg89

Mississauga, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2008

lol ohh i thought i was first. my bad i might be high
Bdawg89

Mississauga, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2008

are u guys serious? u dont like the trade... lol woww u guys are dumb i watch the eastern conference and kidd is a unique player he drops like triple doubles every game .. i dont know what u guys are complaining aboutt
Steve K

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2008

Dampier seems to be hurt all the time. What will the Mavs do without Diop?
Karo

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2008

No No No No No! Say it ain't so! I think this is the worst move the Mavericks can make. Devin Harris just gets better every year and the team now just all seems to gel together. Bring in a hothead like Kidd and it messes up the karma of the team. I'm glad Stackhouse is coming back, but please keep Harris!!
sad fan

Arlington, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2008

I hope they dont get rid of those good players mentioned. That would be a big nono if they let go of those good players.Let someone else go to get the other (Jason Kidd) and keep NOWINSKI ooohh don't u ever let him goooo.
know how to trade

Arlington, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2008

who in the heck would do a trade so stupid like this. Harris is a wonderful player. Please keep my MAVS the way they are. ND their my mavs for I am a BIG FAN of them.If yall trade im no longer FAN..........
DELTA BOY

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2008

I really think Cuban is crazy as
Devin is going to be one of the
best in the league within the
next few years. Kid is older,
but will be gone sooner. Do not
see the quick fix being worth the
long run cost.
Ex-Dallas fan

Arlington, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2008

I think Cuban is WRONG for lying,#1, to the people of Dallas saying that this wasn't happening and two, for letting Harris go. Kidd is old and close to retirement! WHY in the world would they let the young and very talented players go????!!!!! He'll definitely regret it! No more Dallas games for me!!!
fc dallas

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2008

if this is true, what a joke! Kidd's shooting percentage killed the Mavs the first time around and he hasn't gotten better. assists are great, but I hope the Mavs have enough fire power to make it work.
BillJ

Lewisville, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2008

This is the same Mark Cuban who refused to sign Steve Nash to a long term contract because he was too old. Now he trades a 24 year old point guard with lots of upside potential for an almost 35 year old point guard. The Mavs trades Kidd years ago (under a different owner), not realizing his potential.
Amanda Harris

Coppell, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2008

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Jason Kidd is absolutley NOT worth it.
hes definetley not worth getting rid of Harris and Stackhouse.
NO WAY NO HOW
5 of our players, 3 million, and our draft picks in 2008 and 2010..........its not worth is
IT SUCKS
Kim R

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2008

I guess this ends any chance of the Mavs being contenders for the NBA Championship for years to come. Why would anyone trade for a soon to be has been like Jason Kidd let alone give away so much talent and getting nothing in return. I don't know what idiot out this together but they should send them to New Jersey for the waterboy. At least that trade would be in Dallas's favor. Iguess now I can concentrate on hockey and forget about basketball
Kim R

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2008

If this trade goes through, no one should go the the games. Maybe Cuban would get the point (probably not if he's stupid enough to make this trade in the first place)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of29
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Jerry Stackhouse Discussions

Search the Jerry Stackhouse Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
D'Antoni wants Knicks to play with more confidence (Jan '09) Jan '09 Shu Yang 1
Mavs Offer Stackhouse and Bass for Ron Artest b... (Jul '08) Jul '08 QueenofKings 2
Paul, Hornets Rip Mavs For 2-0 Series Lead (Apr '08) Apr '08 Scott 3
Playoff chase, missing MVP lead to questions (Mar '08) Mar '08 preachermartin 1
Lakers impose their will late, defeat Dallas (Mar '08) Mar '08 rrenault 3
George steps forward behind point (Feb '08) Feb '08 Casey Hornell NY 1
Mavericks hope bold deal for Jason Kidd goes th... (Feb '08) Feb '08 Burt 1
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••