Curry, Knicks bury Magic

Curry, Knicks bury Magic

There are 28 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from Feb 3, 2007, titled Curry, Knicks bury Magic. In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

Tim Stephens and Jerry Greene debate the Magic's problems, Tiger vs. Federer and who will be the Super Bowl MVP in our weekly feature Keep'n Score One on One webcast.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
G-man

Burnaby, Canada

#23 Feb 4, 2007
"I just think we overlooked these guys a little bit," Howard said. "We can't overlook anybody in this league."
I am soo sick if this excuse... At this point, who the H*LL are the Magic to be overlooking any team??

Since: Jan 07

Kissimmee, FL

#24 Feb 4, 2007
Welcome to the OC wrote:
What an embarrasment to lose to the Knicks. I hope there were a bunch of county and city officials at the arena last night listening to the boo's from the stands.
Please do not build a new arena with tax payer money. Let them go if they must. While I know the tourist tax money cannot go towards schools, I think it is an embarrasment that we have old school buildings falling apart at the seems, not to mentions hundreds of portables. Build schools - not arenas.
I knew someone would bring this up.

Tourist tax dollars can't be spent on SCHOOLS! Get over it and get that thought stuck in your head.

The county isn't paying nearly what it would cost any other city to have a world class facility. How about promoting a downtown that helps big business to come to Orlando. Creating jobs for those kids in school. The ones forced to move else where because there isn't quality work for them. Orlando has to be relevant in business and in leisure. A PAC and Arena are positive contributions to the community and make the area more appealing for big business looking to expand.
tomas

Jacksonville, FL

#25 Feb 4, 2007
Discipline can be installed via FINES.

NO three point shots: UNLESS the ball has gone inside and come back out. UNLESS the ball has been passed at least four times. UNLESS we have a chance for a 2 for 1. UNLESS the shot clock is at three seconds. UNLESS somebody on our team is under the basket with at least some possibility of grabbing a rebound.

Fine them and sit them down.
Frank

Schuylkill Haven, PA

#26 Feb 4, 2007
Wise Man - So if Carlos is not a shooting guard, he shouldn't be shooting - no hate, no dirt, I like Carlos but he should be deferring shots to others right now be cause his shot is in a slump, and he is what he is, a backup point guard. Darko kept us in the game, and in time will be a Mehmet Okur type player. Diener should have been in the game because he is hitting his shots - he doesn't have to be handling the ball. Jameer only seems to focus on sharing with Dwight - Jameer and Carlos are perfect trade bait and should be traded.
Wise Man wrote:
Don't you have a real comment that put dirt on Carlos Arroyo?
Nelson has been playing TERRIBLE, really bad , but nobody said anything, Diener scored a few baskets, but did not handle the ball , he runs like a child with a new toy, he is not a team player,
Arroyo is NOT a shooting guard, he is a POINT GUARD, who are the shooting guards? Jameer Nelson, and your new star sir JJ Redick, but what are they doing ? TURNOVERS, and more TURNOVERS, Carlos Arroyo ? NO, he is moving the ball as he should.
Stop mentioning Carlos for anything bad on this team. Get rid of the action of hate.
I would to see you guys writing about why Darko is taking so many shoots, and almost all of them are forced, why NElson is not in the bench when he is not doing his job,-- just the turnovers --
If you like it or not CARLOS IS PERFORMING WAY BETTER THAN NELSON< AND DIENER, even JJ REDICK. Stop listening people and start thinking for yourself, I believe is too much for you,
another thing, and this is for everybody, The hispanics
are people who demands excellence on our player, there are others Puertorican playing in the NBA, not only Carlos, and we all agree that some of them are ready for the NBA, but how many players are there that are no belongs to the league and all of you are screaming on how good are them, bunch of BLINDS !
<quoted text>
Frank

Schuylkill Haven, PA

#27 Feb 4, 2007
Hey Fitch - good comments - My take is that discipline is part of professionalism, you can't separate them. Being a professional in any field means you are mentally and physically prepared to perform under all circumstances. A professional athlete should be continually training and conditioning. The players know their schedule way ahead of time and as professionals should be mentally and physically fit, if not injured, to perform to the professional level of what they get paid. This goes for a head coach and his staff as well. Back to backs are tough, however, winning, or at least highly competitve performances,is what separates the men from the boys. I just don't like hearing the back to back excuse for a sucko performance. Can't win 'em all , but at least compete.
fitch wrote:
<quoted text>
Back-to-back situations are indeed tough...look at any team in the NBA who is playing in one and the statistics.
I'm assuming that whatever it is you do for a living, you'd likely consider yourself a professional, yes? Do you ever get tired? Sure you do. Shame on you, then, according to your logic. You can't be a professional.
The problem with this team is discipline. There isn't enough. Hill needs to be an even tougher taskmaster. You're right about one thing...these guys are pros and get paid big money. They need to earn it. And when you and I aren't doing our jobs, our bosses crack down. It's time the front offices and the coaching staff cracked down. Hard.
Mike

Winter Haven, FL

#29 Feb 5, 2007
Brian Hill sucks as head coach. Period.
Tony Winford

Orlando, FL

#30 Feb 5, 2007
Once Trevor Ariza and Grant Hill come back we'll make a run and suprise everyone heading into the playoffs
doc

Tampa, FL

#31 Feb 6, 2007
get a coach

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jerome James Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Knicks on the 'pay no mind' list (Feb '08) Mar '12 terrome porter 21
News Isaiah Rider (Apr '10) Apr '10 BD Gopherfan 1
News Is Morris the real deal? - AM New York (Mar '07) Jan '10 glen wildeforde 3
News Phoenix Suns: Amare, Nash, Shaq And The Draft (Jun '09) Jun '09 col 3
News Knicks' new guys could face Raptors (Feb '09) Feb '09 Tiffany 12
News Chicago Bulls trade Larry Hughes to Knicks for ... (Feb '09) Feb '09 Jeebs 223
News Knicks turn down Nate Robinson trade, pick up L... (Feb '09) Feb '09 Tiffany 28
More from around the web