Curry, Knicks bury Magic

Full story: Orlando Sentinel

Tim Stephens and Jerry Greene debate the Magic's problems, Tiger vs. Federer and who will be the Super Bowl MVP in our weekly feature Keep'n Score One on One webcast.
Comments
1 - 20 of 28 Comments Last updated Feb 6, 2007
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Johnny Who

Owensboro, KY

#1 Feb 3, 2007
One step up, two steps back.

This team is a joke!
mojo

Mesquite, TX

#2 Feb 3, 2007
way to go...way to snatch defeat from the hands of victory. you kick the crap out of the nets and bucks but you lose to the crappy knicks?! come on now! Jameer I love ya but it is time for a change. you are not the guy. Not laying all of the losses on you either, I just feel like with the right point guard in here this team does allot better. It's all about the poing guard homeboy!
Juan

Hialeah, FL

#3 Feb 3, 2007
Just wait Orlando will be in the playoffs you'll see.
Jim

Gainesville, FL

#4 Feb 3, 2007
I hate this... either be very good or very bad. Being mediocre is the worst.
ALMAX

San Juan, Puerto Rico

#5 Feb 3, 2007
The knicks spent a couple of day in Orlando preparing for the game tonight.
Their attitude was all business, the Magics came to have fun in an expected easy win. Overconfidence will kill you especially if you think you can turn your game on and off
Joe

Santa Rosa, CA

#7 Feb 3, 2007
Jameer Nelson 2 for 11 from the field. Point guard out of control. Take him out and the Magic would have been competitive and maybe even winners. Can anyone on this team distribute thr rcck?
John

San Antonio, TX

#8 Feb 4, 2007
Juan wrote:
Just wait Orlando will be in the playoffs you'll see.
Yea they probably will and probably get sweeped.
help

Tampa, FL

#9 Feb 4, 2007
i hope gm smith, understand that this team need a tough vet player. trade turk he do not show up every game and dosn't play defense.
doc

Tampa, FL

#10 Feb 4, 2007
"point gaurd, point gaurd" get a coach who the player respect. what has coach hill won. his system is not working. enough with we want nice players. take a look at winning team they are not afraid to make trades and make correct draft picks.whathave so call nice guys done for the magic,besides puttingthem in the lottery every year.

“Vegas Baby!!!”

Since: Dec 06

Orlando, FL

#11 Feb 4, 2007
What an embarrasment to lose to the Knicks. I hope there were a bunch of county and city officials at the arena last night listening to the boo's from the stands.

Please do not build a new arena with tax payer money. Let them go if they must. While I know the tourist tax money cannot go towards schools, I think it is an embarrasment that we have old school buildings falling apart at the seems, not to mentions hundreds of portables. Build schools - not arenas.
Stepheno3

Orlando, FL

#12 Feb 4, 2007
I went to the game, they were flat from the start, perhaps they were tired, don't know. There were a lot of calls against them for 3 second violations, it seems to me that they should know that rule by now, as they are paid a lot of money, to know what is happening.
Stepheno3

Orlando, FL

#13 Feb 4, 2007
Joe wrote:
Jameer Nelson 2 for 11 from the field. Point guard out of control. Take him out and the Magic would have been competitive and maybe even winners. Can anyone on this team distribute thr rcck?
The Magic do not have a point guard, that is worth anything, and they do not seem very interested in resolving that problem for some reason.
hbt

Kissimmee, FL

#14 Feb 4, 2007
we need to trade turk for corey maggetteso we can have a player that can get 20 points a night. we need someone to attack the basket. we also need to start darko with dwight. battie he a vet he can give us solid minutes.
Might N Magic

Orlando, FL

#15 Feb 4, 2007
G.Hill for Brad Miller and Ron Artest. Or G.Hill for V.Carter, Dooling for Dale Davis! Nelson,Artest,Hedo,Howard, and Miller! Nelson,Carter,Hedo,Howard, Darko! Trade G.Hill,Battie,Nelson,Bogans and Garrity for Garnett,Jaric,Griffin and Foye! Foye,Redick,Hedo,Garnett, and Howard!
Frank

United States

#16 Feb 4, 2007
Don't you just hate it when the commentators comment about it being a back to back and the boy's are looking tired. These guys are pro's - not supposed to be tired - bad excuse for bad playing. My opinion is still - coach and staff are terrible - along with the fact we need some different players. The roster is, obviously, not as deep as many originally thought. Come on boys - be men - you're surely earning the money! Hey - why didn't we see Travis last night? He's certainly playing better than Carlos.
Wise Man

Groveland, FL

#17 Feb 4, 2007
Don't you have a real comment that put dirt on Carlos Arroyo?

Nelson has been playing TERRIBLE, really bad , but nobody said anything, Diener scored a few baskets, but did not handle the ball , he runs like a child with a new toy, he is not a team player,

Arroyo is NOT a shooting guard, he is a POINT GUARD, who are the shooting guards? Jameer Nelson, and your new star sir JJ Redick, but what are they doing ? TURNOVERS, and more TURNOVERS, Carlos Arroyo ? NO, he is moving the ball as he should.
Stop mentioning Carlos for anything bad on this team. Get rid of the action of hate.

I would to see you guys writing about why Darko is taking so many shoots, and almost all of them are forced, why NElson is not in the bench when he is not doing his job,-- just the turnovers --

If you like it or not CARLOS IS PERFORMING WAY BETTER THAN NELSON< AND DIENER, even JJ REDICK. Stop listening people and start thinking for yourself, I believe is too much for you,

another thing, and this is for everybody, The hispanics
are people who demands excellence on our player, there are others Puertorican playing in the NBA, not only Carlos, and we all agree that some of them are ready for the NBA, but how many players are there that are no belongs to the league and all of you are screaming on how good are them, bunch of BLINDS !
Frank wrote:
Don't you just hate it when the commentators comment about it being a back to back and the boy's are looking tired. These guys are pro's - not supposed to be tired - bad excuse for bad playing. My opinion is still - coach and staff are terrible - along with the fact we need some different players. The roster is, obviously, not as deep as many originally thought. Come on boys - be men - you're surely earning the money! Hey - why didn't we see Travis last night? He's certainly playing better than Carlos.
Wise Man

Groveland, FL

#18 Feb 4, 2007
by the way, keep an eye on Dallas, there is the other PuertoRican, Juan Jose Barea,
(JJ Barea) he is a shooting guard. He is not an starter [YET], but you will hear from him in a near future.
you will see.

John Peter Ramos, a PuertoRican center, HE is NOT ready for the NBA, but is playing good in the NBDL,

It will be good to see Nelson,Diener and Ramos in the same team. Hmmmm sound good.
Jonathan

Orlando, FL

#19 Feb 4, 2007
Nelson shoots too much!!!! This is not the team for him. He plays good one day and then next day he just struggles!! Arroyo may struggle as well but the wont take more than 6 or 7 shots per game. Why do we take Darko out when he is the only player scoring? I certainly dont know but i sure know that Coach Hill came make some stupid decisions. Start Arroyo, Bogans, Turkoglu, Milicic and Howard and see how the line up does. If they keep loosing make a trade before the trade deadline and i bet you guys can get good value from Jameer and Dooling, maybe throw in Diener and get a decent small foward. Maybe Ron Artest or something like that to give the Magic some identity becuase right now they don't know wha they are
stugots32837

Palm Coast, FL

#20 Feb 4, 2007
I see the Magic as a very athletic deep team of race horses forced to play donkeyball in the mud. The lack of ability to adjust by coach Hill is the main reason I see this team playing so inconsistant as the league is starting to adjust. Last nights game was just another example of not being able to adjust your gameplan. When the Knicks put in that ogre named James in the game, the Magic should have run him out of the gym with their more athletic big men. Instead he played his slow down half court game right into the hands of the Knicks coaching staff. This guy is unbelievably predictable. That's how he got SWEPT out of the playoffs twice when Shaq played for him.
John

San Antonio, TX

#22 Feb 4, 2007
Might N Magic wrote:
G.Hill for Brad Miller and Ron Artest. Or G.Hill for V.Carter, Dooling for Dale Davis! Nelson,Artest,Hedo,Howard, and Miller! Nelson,Carter,Hedo,Howard, Darko! Trade G.Hill,Battie,Nelson,Bogans and Garrity for Garnett,Jaric,Griffin and Foye! Foye,Redick,Hedo,Garnett, and Howard!
Keep dreaming. It's not to going to happen.

The Magic better not even think about signing Ron Artest. I dont care how good he is. That man is a disgrace to basketball.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jerome James Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Knicks on the 'pay no mind' list (Feb '08) Mar '12 terrome porter 21
Isaiah Rider (Apr '10) Apr '10 BD Gopherfan 1
Is Morris the real deal? - AM New York (Mar '07) Jan '10 glen wildeforde 3
Phoenix Suns: Amare, Nash, Shaq And The Draft (Jun '09) Jun '09 col 3
Knicks' new guys could face Raptors (Feb '09) Feb '09 Tiffany 12
Chicago Bulls trade Larry Hughes to Knicks for ... (Feb '09) Feb '09 Jeebs 223
Knicks turn down Nate Robinson trade, pick up L... (Feb '09) Feb '09 Tiffany 28
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000